• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Snub Him Or Not

Guest 1Timothy115

Snub him or not?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Obama and Democrats are correct in snubbing Benjamin Netanyahu?

• Yes
    • No

• Members

Yes, we know that.  They always have been. Doesn't change the fact that they're God's chosen nation.

They were God's chosen nation to give the oracles of God to the world, and to bring forth the Savior Jesus Christ.

Their job was finished at the cross, and now God's chosen 'nation' are Christians. God blessed Israel with the blessings he promised, while they were being used by him to accomplish his will of 'salvation for those who would believe the gospel of Jesus Christ'.

Making up a future 'nation' to make scriptures look like they say one thing when they say another is 'corruption' against God's purpose of letting a people be his tool so that the rest of us may be saved.

Besides, as of 2014 the US had 5.7 million Jews, compared to Israel at 5.7 million. Doesn't sound like all Israel is in their own land anyway.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/jewpop.html

• Members

Note the Government response in full. 

Note too - "Back to schools in Palestine after 3 months of annual summer vacation, back to completely or partially destroyed Schools but not spirits, will and determination...10s of Palestinian schools in Gaza were completely or partially destroyed by Zionist occupation forces airstrikes and shells during the Zionist criminal war on Gaza last summer, 27 August 2015."

• Members

Sir, the Arabs began attacking Israel since before the nation was officially reestablished in 1948. They're still doing it with suicide bombings, rocket attacks etc... The military offensives in Gaza, last year, were a response to the constant harassment, kidnappings, murders and rocket attacks.

• Members

I don't think it will be profitable for the forum to continue this exchange - I did not start the thread. But I think you will find that the Israelis are winning 100-fold in "the constant harassment, kidnappings, murders and rocket attacks." 

Being opposed to Israel's actions with regard to settlement expansion, destruction of Palestinian property, restriction of water supply, etc, is not antisemitic, it is a concern for justice. Michah 6:8 

Edit to add:

Letter from Congress Member Betty McCollum regarding the Israeli Border Police murder of 2 Palestinian teenagers.

Edited by Covenanter

• Members

I'm not an "anything Israel does is okay" person, but in the case of that war it was the Palestinians who started it, they who refused to stop, they who chose to base their attacks from schools and other civilian locations, they who refuse to use the billions of dollars they receive in aid to tend to the important infrastructure needs.

Israel is doing nothing America or England hasn't done countless times over the years and still does today.

I've seen no evidence of Israeli war crimes in that war.