• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

ISIS academics

• Moderators

That reminds me of the verse that speaks of Satan coming to 'steal, kill and destroy'. Totally out of context, I know, but still.... destroying records of history that cannot be recreated... :verymad:
I feel so sorry for the archaeologists and curators who put years of work into that museum!

Edited by Salyan

• Members

The aim of ISIS is total Islamification. There can be no past history of anything outside Islam, no room for any non-Muslims in the present, nothing but Islam for the future.

During the brief time the Muslim Brotherhood held power in Egypt there was talk of destroying the pyramids because of their pagan, non-Islamic history.

• Members

In a way, though, it just reminds me of what the reformers did in the UK. Historians reckon that from the dissolution of the monasteries through the reign of Edward VI, almost all religious artwork of any kind was destroyed: essentially anything decorative but including paintings, music and books, statues and shrines, even graves, and most of the large libraries in the monasteries and universities were burned, including Oxford university library. They think that a good proportion of medieval paintings, works of English literature, and music were lost forever.