• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Romans road 101

• Members

Why do baptists always go to ROMANS ROAD when you as them about salvation? Why don't the go down the straight and narrow road that Jesus laid out. Jesus said pick up your cross and follow me not pick up your cross and follow Paul. Jesus fullfilled the Law and so should we. Jesus explained the law in a way that is easy to understand. The whole law is Love God First then Love others as you love your self. To tell people all you have to do is call upon the name of the Lord and then your saved is foolish. Your giving people a license to sin. Jesus said you must be more righteous than the pharasies. Daniel said those who bring many to righteousness will shine as brite as the stars forever amen. Paul said there are none righteous, no not one. Do you want to go down the the Romans Road that Paul laid out or down the righteous road that Jesus laid out???

• Members
Why do baptists always go to ROMANS ROAD when you as them about salvation? Why don't the go down the straight and narrow road that Jesus laid out. Jesus said pick up your cross and follow me not pick up your cross and follow Paul. Jesus fullfilled the Law and so should we. Jesus explained the law in a way that is easy to understand. The whole law is Love God First then Love others as you love your self. To tell people all you have to do is call upon the name of the Lord and then your saved is foolish. Your giving people a license to sin. Jesus said you must be more righteous than the pharasies. Daniel said those who bring many to righteousness will shine as brite as the stars forever amen. Paul said there are none righteous' date=' no not one. Do you want to go down the the Romans Road that Paul laid out or down the righteous road that Jesus laid out???[/quote']

So, are you suggesting that the Canon of Scripture should not include the other writings and only the four Gospels?

• Members
Why do baptists always go to ROMANS ROAD when you as them about salvation?

I'm a Baptist, and I don't always go to the "Romans Road" when someone asks me about salvation...I think you're assuming a lot with your statement here. There are so many different ways to introduce and present the gospel, depending on whom you're talking to. You seem to be saying that there is only one legitimate way to present the gospel. If so, I'm wondering why you think that.

• Administrators
Why do baptists always go to ROMANS ROAD when you as them about salvation? Why don't the go down the straight and narrow road that Jesus laid out. Jesus said pick up your cross and follow me not pick up your cross and follow Paul. Jesus fullfilled the Law and so should we. Jesus explained the law in a way that is easy to understand. The whole law is Love God First then Love others as you love your self. To tell people all you have to do is call upon the name of the Lord and then your saved is foolish. Your giving people a license to sin. Jesus said you must be more righteous than the pharasies. Daniel said those who bring many to righteousness will shine as brite as the stars forever amen. Paul said there are none righteous' date=' no not one. Do you want to go down the the Romans Road that Paul laid out or down the righteous road that Jesus laid out???[/quote']

The Bible is clear that we have no righteousness in and of ourselves...

Isaiah 64:6
"But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."

Jesus said, in Mark 7:20-23:
"And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."

It is only through the righteousness of Christ that we can become righteous.

1 Cor. 5:21 "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."

Jesus shed His blood on Calvary because of my sins, your sins. Our unrighteousness. The Creator of the universe died for ME. So that I could have my sins forgiven and have His righteousness imputed to me. And a home in heaven for eternity.

Ephesians 2:8-10
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them."

God saves us by grace through our faith in the finished work of Christ on the cross. It is only after I am saved that I can do good works...after I am created in Christ Jesus, become a new creature. Then, and only then, can I take up my cross and follow Christ. Then, and only then, can I love God the way I should and love others right also. Not through my righteousness, which the Bible clearly states is filthy, but through the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

• Members

Your post really shows a lot of ignorance when it comes to Scripture. I'm not Baptist so this has nothing to do with Baptists and I must assume that also comes from your ignorance. Any basic study of Scripture makes all of your questions abundantly clear.

We are not given free license to sin. Take a look at these verses:
1 Peter 2:16 As free, and not using your liberty for a cloak of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Galatians 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

How about becoming righteous through accepting Christ? The Bible makes it clear that our righteousness is as "filty rags." We are wholly destitute without Christ and incapable of redeeming works.

Philipians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

John 3:14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There's Christ's words for you. He made it very clear in that passage that you must believe on Him for eternal life. Christ never once required a fulfillment of the law or any kind of sacrifice on our part for salvation. You won't find that in the gospels and you won't find it anywhere else in Scripture.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
To tell people all you have to do is call upon the name of the Lord and then your saved is foolish.

Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. KJV

NOT whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord and is more righteous than the pharisees shall be saved.

• Members

I'm a Baptist (IFB type) and don't use the Romans Road at all. The reason is that repentance from sin is not sufficiently addressed.

The Romans road as it was laid out for me more than 30 years ago goes like this:::::::

#1. Romans 3:23 and 6:23a. We've all sinned, come short of the Glory of God (which is Jesus Christ and His standard of perfection), and because of it we have a payday coming.

#2. Romans 6:23b, Romans 5;8. Even though we've sinned and offended God He alone has offered us a free gift of salvation, and that even while we hated Him.

#3. Romans 10:9,10. Salvation comes to us by believing in the heart (volitionally) and confessing with the mouth.

Romans10:13. God can save anyone, anywhere.

Do we notice how true Biblical repentance can be glossed over and not even mentioned??????????

True Biblical Repentance:::::: A burning, convicting desire to continually put away any and all sin, eschew it, hate it, turn from it and cling to the LORD Jesus with all of our hearts for salvation.