• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Don Roth? Who Is He?

• Moderators

Looking at his website, http://www.biblicalcalendarproof.com/FAQs#What-is-the-purpose-of-presenting-this-material-proving-the-Biblical-Calendar , it appears that he has, (or says he has) put together a proper Hebrew calendar. his point seems to be primarily for the proper keeping of Jewish holy days, so I am guessing he is Messianic in his views. It looks interesting, but I'd have to delve more deeply into it to see what the overall value might be in it, or otherwise.

• Moderators

Never heard of him, looking at his website I saw the emphasis on targeting the Feast of Trumpets and thought, "this will prOBably head for a prediction of the rapture". Then I saw part of the video and heard that this project came about due to a challenge that "you're OBserving the wrong days" (in reference to the feast days? I wondered) and thought "Maybe it's Armstongism". When he said he began looking at this while "in the midst of presenting a Sabbath service" I thought, "Aha, it's prOBably 7th Day Adventist".

Now, 5 minutes out of the 3 hour video is all I watched. May suspicion, however, is that he's SDA.

• Moderators

Looking at his website, http://www.biblicalcalendarproof.com/FAQs#What-is-the-purpose-of-presenting-this-material-proving-the-Biblical-Calendar , it appears that he has, (or says he has) put together a proper Hebrew calendar. his point seems to be primarily for the proper keeping of Jewish holy days, so I am guessing he is Messianic in his views. It looks interesting, but I'd have to delve more deeply into it to see what the overall value might be in it, or otherwise.

He may be Messianic (no time to dig any deeper right now) (I was typing when you posted) but just have a back of the mind nag, from the little I OBserved, that he's more likely SDA.

• Moderators

He may be Messianic (no time to dig any deeper right now) (I was typing when you posted) but just have a back of the mind nag, from the little I OBserved, that he's more likely SDA.

Very possible. I noticed he talked a bit about the seventh day Sabbath, but it seemed more in relation to time keeping than keeping the Sabbath, specifically. Of course, that doesn't mean it doesn't become that at some point. Cults are rarely blatant.

• Moderators

I am reading his work "The Solar Calendar proves Biblical Sabbaths". very quickly, he has gone into the Gap, declaring that when the Spirit of God moved upon the waters, that the moisture in the atmosphere was keeping the light of the sun from reaching the earth, (even though the Bible states that on the 4th day, God MADE the two great lights, the sun and the moon, and that He declared that there would be lights in the firmament of heaven. Sounds like He MADE them on the 4th day, not that He revealed them then.).

I am not going to read it all-it looks pretty long and now isn't the time. But he seems to be making the point that this calendar is the only proper way that believers should keep time, is by the Hebrew Calculated Calendar, which he declares to be that which started at creation, or at least after the gap.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

i thought along the same lines...........i have always found that if you are truly ......" rightly dividing the word of truth" that you didn't need to sell anything through a media outlet. 

• 1 month later...