• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Supernatural Experience With Christ [Jesus]

lowlyservant

• Moderators

Ukulelemike, I was merely demonstrating that Father God truly does speak through people. Do you believe that the Father would do for the 12 that which He would not do for us? He was speaking to me. I am not claiming to be a representative of God's.

I do not believe that the Lord did through his disciples what you are saying happened. What the Lord meant when He directed His disciples, was that the Spirit would give them what to say when they needed it, not that He would take complete control over them and move their mouths, and certainly not as a babbling-His disciples were to be speaking to kings and rulers and magistrates, so the Lord would direct them with what to say, and they would speak it in words easy to be understood-otherwise what good would it have been to babble?

As well, we have God's complete word for us in His written word-there is no need for any new revelation-the revelation is complete. The Lord may yet give people a word to say, but it will be to preach His word, already revealed, to expound upon it.

As well, babbling is not tongues-speaking-it never was. What Paul spoke of in 1Cor 14 was exactly the same thing that occurred on Pentecost: people of God miraculously spoke known languages, unknown to the speaker, but known to the hearers, with the goal and result being salvation of the hearers. What takes place in pentecostal churches today is not the tongues of the Bible-it is instead what the pagan idolators did in Corinth in the temple of Diana, and what even today, many pagan practitioners do: it is false. You may have experienced a spirit, but it was NOT the Spirit of God. 

As was said before, you need to repent of following such things, try the spirits and meet, through faith, the REAL Jesus of the Bible, who can only be met by faith.

"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:8,9) 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Jim_Alaska, I agree with you about the bible but, do you believe that a good Father would not even speak to His own children?

Yes I do think He speaks to us, but it is, as I said before, through His Son, "The Word of God", which is our Bible. Our Father will not contradict Scripture which says again," Heb 1:1  God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

This precludes him speaking in the manner you outlined.

• Members

Jim_Alaska, I agree with you about the bible but, do you believe that a good Father would not even speak to His own children?

Not the way your imagination is protraying this "speaking" miss. It is Scripturally not possible. Emotional weakness lends to over imagination which leads to hysteria as demonstrated in many charismatic groups. None of which is Scriptural and none of which is of God.

Those who tend to be overly emotional, fragile and wearing their feelings on their sleeves love this nonsense. Single and unchecked married women gravitate to this and yes, I have never met a charismatic married woman who was not unchecked by her husband.

Satan loves the emotional drama in these groups, it renders them not just useless to God but also a fuels the mockery of God by His enemies.

It is never a question of whether God "could" speak to us but He already said He would no longer except through His Perfect Word aided by the Spirit.

• Members

Quote: "Father God reached out to my brokenness and I heard Him say, "the battle against good and evil has been here since the beginning of time."

Quote: "I asked Him (Jesus) who these people were persecuting me. He told me through the Spirit of truth that they were human souls without God in the afterlife. I believe the souls to be lost and inquired about them going to heaven. Jesus sent down the Holy Spirit stopping in front of me and pointing at me. He was telling me that I could offer up alms for the atonement of their sins, thus giving real hope to what I believe to be about 75-80 souls."

From the KJV, "Authorized Version".

Ecclesiasticus 3:30. Water will quench a flaming fire; and alms maketh an atonement for sins. 

• Members

Quote: "Father God reached out to my brokenness and I heard Him say, "the battle against good and evil has been here since the beginning of time."

Quote: "I asked Him (Jesus) who these people were persecuting me. He told me through the Spirit of truth that they were human souls without God in the afterlife. I believe the souls to be lost and inquired about them going to heaven. Jesus sent down the Holy Spirit stopping in front of me and pointing at me. He was telling me that I could offer up alms for the atonement of their sins, thus giving real hope to what I believe to be about 75-80 souls."

From the KJV, "Authorized Version".

Ecclesiasticus 3:30. Water will quench a flaming fire; and alms maketh an atonement for sins. 

This is from the Apocrypha...

This is a Baptist site...not a Catholic site. We don't recognize the Apocrypha as inspired...because it isn't. It contradicts the actual word of God.

• Members

Covenanter, I am Holy Roman Catholic. :)

Being RC does not exclude you from salvation - true repentance and a living faith in
Jesus Christ as Lord, God and Saviour is necessary for all Christians, regardless of denomination. However there is much confusion.

Allegiance to church and the Papacy above the Holy Scripture is a serious divide. We believe in conversion and baptism of believers, and independent churches governed by the Word of God. .

• Members

I believe that the salvation of souls is a battle the Christian faces here on earth. It is true that the Son of God has won this battle for the believer. I choose of my own free will to participate in my heavenly family's business of salvation. To join my brother and in this battle we face today.

• Members

lowlyservant, would you permit me ask a few questions in order for all of us to a better undestanding of your background.

1. Do you regulary attend an independent fundamental Baptist Church? Or, please tell us the type of church that you are a member of.

2. Can you relate to us your salvation experience?

3. Do you attend Chaismatic, or, Pentalcostal, type churches or special meetings?

4. Apart from this discussion group, do you normally use the NKV Bible, or another translation?

Thank you for your reply.

Archived