• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

If today was election day...

Guest Guest

Who would you vote for?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would you vote for?

• McCain/Palin
    • Obama/Biden
    • Baldwin/Castle
    • Other (please tell us in your post)
    • Not voting - Boycotting the election

This is different from the "Who Wins?" Poll, because that's just a guess on who's going to win and a lot of people here picked Obama, even though I know most of them aren't going to vote for him (obviously).

I'm just curious... who are people on OB voting for? You can vote anonymously here on this poll, or you can vote and post your answer! :cool

We've got about 55 days till election day... and we all know enough about the candidates by now... so take your pick!

(btw, I set it so that you can change your vote if you want to, just in case someone changes their mind on who they want to vote for before the election gets here)

Oh, and I picked McCain/Palin... just in case anyone wanted to know. :Green

*edit: Added Baldwin to the poll because of BroMatt's request*

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it will be Obama or McCain and no one else' date=' I will vote for McCain. Obama is pure evil.[/quote']

I agree. I left the other options up there because I know not everyone here on OB believes in voting for McCain, no matter what.

One of the reasons I put this here is so I can see how many OB members we have helping McCain beat Obama, and how many are helping Obama win by voting for other people (or not voting at all). :smile (not meaning to start an argument, or anything, but the fact is: McCain or Obama will win)

• Administrators

I am voting with my hubby - against Obama. So, that means that the only viable candidate that could beat him is McCain. Hence, we will be voting for McCain/Palin. I posted a video here earlier today that, if for no other reason, would be the deciding factor for me.

• Members
Just a reminder' date=' be sure to pray before you vote. The Good Lord will probably lead you to make the right decision[/quote']

Indeed, we should always pray and wait for the Lord to answer.

That said, it's been noted by many others here on OB how some say the Lord wants them to vote McCain, some say the Lord wants them to vote for this or that "third party" or independent candidate, some say the Lord wants them to not vote for president this year, and I don't know about here on OB, but other professing Christians elsewhere are saying the Lord wants them to vote for Obama.

The question comes up then as to whether the Lord would guide so many so differently or not. Which also leads to the obvious question as to whether all, some or none of these have truly "heard" the Lord's response as to how to cast their vote.

I suppose we must also consider that if "S" says the Lord wants her to vote McCain and "M" says the Lord wants him to vote for Obama, and "L" says the Lord wants them to vote for someone else, and "Y" says the Lord wants them to not vote, should we argue about this or accept it as fact?

We shouldn't argue, but we can't accept it as fact, either. We can only present the facts that we know, and show them why we are voting for the candidate we are voting for.

• Members

Well, poor choice of words on my part (sorry!), I didn't mean "argue", I meant more along the lines of determined discussion.

If you say God told you to vote for "Y" and I say God told me to vote for "Z" and another says God told them to vote for "X" and yet another says God told them to not vote at all, how are we supposed to show them why we are voting for a particular candidate if our claim is that God told us to vote for this one?

• Members

That's why I said "Probably"

But still even if you did choose someone, at least it'll get you to open your bible and choose wisely according to the Lord's Word. You could learn something about Him. Even if the person you voted lost.

Some people pray about who to vote for, but in their mind, they are more concern about homeschooling rights.. The Lord probably help you choose wisely on that. Others are concern about abortions. Whatever is your issues, it will be the right one, I suppose. God can make the most complicated, complex situations and balance all out.

• Members

It's an error for people to believe that not voting for the lesser of two evils is "helping" the other guy win or "voting" for the other guy. Voting and helping are both proactive verbs. It's a positive action. Voting for someone is proactive and voting for a third party means helping them, not anyone else. You might be able to make the argument that you are allowing someone else to win, in a sense, but that is a passive action. Also, one could make the argument that, when you vote for someone, you are supporting them and voicing approval of their views. In that case, it could be wrong to vote at all. How one votes should be left to conscience and we shouldn't judge someone based on whether or not they choose to vote for the lesser of two evils.

If everyone who wanted someone apart from Obama or McCain actually voted third party, the third party could win. The Bible says that women in leadership is judgment, so we would not vote for McCain/Palin because of that, as well as the fact that McCain is evil. We refuse to go against the Bible even if people accuse us of voting for Obama because we vote third party, which is NOT true. Your vote for a third party is just that. Whichever of the third party candidates my husband votes for will be who I am supporting, unless he still writes in Ron Paul like he was going to and I'd support that. Even if I disagreed with my husband (which I don't) I would vote the way he votes because he is head of the household. Thankfully though we agree on politics.

• Administrators
Even if I disagreed with my husband (which I don't) I would vote the way he votes because he is head of the household. Thankfully though we agree on politics.

It's the same way in our house. Although we won't be voting for a third party candidate.

I just wanted to say: the only way a third party candidate could win is if everyone voted for the same one. But that isn't going to happen. There are 4 third party candidates right now: Bob Barr, Libertarian; Chuck Baldwin, Constitution; Ralph Nader (Independent? Can't remember right now); and Cynthia McKinney, Green. Ron Paul said that his supporters should vote for one of the 4. Not recommending any. That kind of appalled me. Why wouldn't he throw his support behind one? Because he said that supporting one of the 4 would send a message of frustration. Why wouldn't he back Chuch Baldwin, who is running on the premise that he is a supporter of the Constitution? Paul knows that none of the 4 running will win. They won't even come close - none of them are even on the ballots in all 50 states. Looking at what at least 3 of the 4 believe, I have to say I'm disgusted with Ron Paul...by virtue of recommending any of the 4, he is recomminding people who would be much worse than McCain (3 of them anyway), whom he adamantly will not support because he doesn't want to make his supporters angry (and those are his words). Well, I supported him during the primaries, and he made me angry by his very wishy-washy stand on the parties.

• Members

Ron Paul and his supporters are turning weird, or such it seems.

I do think its unfair that the other candidates get no media attention at all, that its just "word of mouth" for them pretty much. However, as it stands, its pretty much two parties and to keep out Obama...well....same song, same verse....

• Members

Ron Paul realizes that a third party can't win at this time. However, his goal is to challenge the system. He wants to bring alternative views into the light rather than Americans always getting pitched the same old stuff year after year from both parties. I don't think Paul needs to endorse anyone. People can think for themselves and there are a lot of ties between his supporters and the Libertarian Party. When I went to a rally just before the PA primaries(where he got 15% of the vote), there were people there to sign up attendees for the Libertarian Party. So I'm sure a lot of his supporters will vote Libertarian.