• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Crosstalk On Ukraine

ThePilgrim

• Members

From the almost total lack of news on the U.S News media about what has been and is happening in Ukraine, I find myself feeling like I must post again on the situation.

The Kiev regime is again between a rock and a hard place in it's attempt to force it's will on the people of the Dombas region (Southeastern Ukraine).  They suffered a bad military defeat last fall that led to the unworkable Minsk cease fire agreement, which was totally ignored and now they have eight thousand soldiers encircled in Debaltseve.  This Crosstalk show discusses the diplomatic machinations currently going on.  

• Members

They brought up a lot of good points, most of which aren't reported in the American media. One of the key points they discussed had to do with the American politicians OBsession with viewing this as an East vs. West, Cold War type situation which it's actually nothing of the sort. Add to this what seems to have become the default American position that war is the only answer for everything around the glOBe and it's easy to see why this mess has become so bad.

It's easy for politicians in Washington D.C. to want to call a negotiated peace wimping out and to press for fanning the flames of war and provoking a wider conflict since the battle is so far removed from them. For Russia, this is literally on their doorstep. For Europe, this is in their back yard. A broadened and long-term conflict in Ukraine would hurt the Europeans far more than it would any of the politicians in D.C. so it's in the French and German's interest to try to settle the matter quickly and peacefully.

I've noticed several American politicians bringing up the idea that Russia troops are doing the fighting in Ukraine but always with no evidence to support this claim at all. Considering the massive spy satellite coverage America has over the region, if Russian troops were operating in Ukraine, the evidence would have been quickly handed over to the American media.

OBama hates Putin because Putin has never bowed to the Great OBama as so many other world leaders have. Dems and Liberals hate Putin in part because of this but even more-so because Putin has openly declared Russia a Christian country and called homosexuality a sin and put in place laws to thwart pro-homosexual forces and to make it illegal for homosexuals to adopt children.

On the other side, the neo-con Republicans seem to want constant war and more war at the drop of a hat. Many also seem to be stuck in the Cold War and are unwilling to view the world as it actually is today.

Archived