• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Friday Church News Notes, Vol. 16 Issue 6

RSS Robot

• Members

HOMOSEXUALS PERFORM AT BOB JONES UNIVERSITY (Friday Church News Notes, February 6, 2015, www.wayoflife.org, fbns@wayoflife.org, 866-295-4143) - The following was sent to me by Pastor Steve Rogers, pastorsteverogers@gmail.com: “The music drift continues in ‘fundamentalism’ as BOB Jones University, under new head Steve Pettit, hosted the men’s music group Cantus for their Artist Series, Jan.

View the full article

• Members

Brethren,

To our moderators I want to thank all of you for your continued posting of the 'Way of Life,' articles by Bro. Cloud. And for Spirit led Pastors like Pastor Steve Rogers.

Certain segments of fundamentalism are truly departing from the faith. I have numerous, very spiritual,  friends in the ministry who graduated from BJU. They, and I personally, are sickened by the departure of the faith, especiall in the area of music and  fellowship of BJU under the tuteledge of Steve Pettit.

When I was a lost young man listening to the rock music in the '60's  I never expected to hear the same deplorable beat, sound effects, crooning of the singers, and Satanic beat in churches. One of the reasons why I got saved was due to my lack of joy and happiness in my previous lifestyle.

All, may I repeat, all, contemporay music does not honor God, is fleshly, worldy, some of it is outright Satanic, and is for the making of filthy lucre and to attract a crowd. Those churches who use comtemporary music to attract a crowd are like Rick Warren and preach a 'soft' gospel. Some don't preach a gospel at all. Certainly they do not preach repentance nor holy living.

By the way, the word 'contemporary' music is a misnomer. It should be 'fleshly."

Excellent article by Bro. Cloud.

• Members

There is coming a redefining of what is and isn't to be included in the CCM category among IFBs. For some time now Cloud has written occasional articles about the use of what he calls "adapted CCM" at West Coast Baptist and it's acceptance by prominent pastor Paul Chappel. This pastor, his church and college, are closely aligned with Sword of the Lord and that "camp" of IFB.

The Sword used to claim to stand against all CCM but have softened their stance over the past few years. After Cloud wrote an article on the matter of "adapted CCM" and Chappell and their association with the Sword, there was an article in the Sword attempting to say they still take a hard or solid stand musically but it was much less direct than previously and they specifically avoided the particular music in question.

In the latest issue of the Sword they touch upon the subject saying that "much of CCM" isn't good. While to the casual reader that might not stand out, to one who has read the Sword for years it's a clear change of stance as they have gone from declaring "all CCM" not good to now saying only "much of CCM" isn't good.

Paul Chappell, his church and West Coast Baptist are very influential within IFB as is the Sword of the Lord. The direction they take will be the direction a large segment of IFB goes.

Archived