• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chinese Food

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As a Chinese myself I can say that Chinese food (that is the REAL type) is not those high-fat, super-oily types you get in those "fast food" stalls there. They really are unhealthy... I don't know this thing about eating cats, because where I was born we only ate things like roast beef and steamed buns... all these high-carb things (it can be -10 deg back there I was born). You might want to try dumplings.

Fortune cookies? Never heard of them till I read this post.

Hi, ltl. :smile I am very glad that you clarified all of this information. As far as eating cats? Maybe that was started out in California, too. During the hippy movement...in the 1960's. Who knows? :lol:

Thank you for the post. :thumb

• Members
I prefer not to purchase from restaurants that have idols on display -- haven't yet made it a hard rule, though. I've never thought about the possibility of the food being offered to the idol. I don't think its all that likely, and, like Kevin quoted, we are not forbidden eating such food unless the eating of it causes another to stumble. Personally, I would probably not have a problem with eating it.
:2cents

Yu can buy C hinese cabbage, bok choy, canned water chest nuts , and bamboo shoots.
Angelmiss

• 1 year later...
  • Members

This may or may not be a new topic but I like Americanized Chinese food if you will. Its cheap and filling. Maybe not heathy but sure does beat some of the other fast food. Okay now would you quit ordering food from there if you happened to pick up rather than to have it delivered and saw a Budda statue, and what would appear to be a emerald or jade Hindu statue or vise veresa sitting on their cash out counter. The concern is would it be right to eat the food without knowing weather or not it had been offered to their religion? I don't know if it has or has'nt, but I do know that God forbids people eating food that has been offered to other false gods. Feedback Please.....

I think you should reread 1Cor 8. Especially concentrating on vs 1-9. It states very clearly that we have liberty. We are not under OT laws anymore. However past vs 9 it goes on to talk about not offending. So if you think your eating Chinese food is a stumbling block to a brother or a bad witness, don't eat it, but if there are no OBstacles I would say this entire chapter says eat all the Chinese food you want providing you watch your health. :D

• Members

Some Asians, including Chinese, DO eat dogs. That is a fact. I don't know about cats. But saying that Chinese eat dogs and cats is about like saying Americans eat grits and turnip greens. Some Americans do, but not all. China is a big place and I'm sure they have many different cultures and ethnic groups within their country, just like we do. I have eaten "American" Chinese food many times and the real stuff as well. I like it; amd I like my grits and trunip greens too. :icon_mrgreen:

• Members

I hate to tell you this; but the FDA has inspection policies that actually ALLOW a certain percentage of all kinds of things in hot dogs and hamburger (i.e. rat, hair, feces, cat, dog and the list goes on)...........so I've been told and read.

Thanks for that info after I just ate a chili cheese dog. :vomit:

I had never seen this thread before and found it very funny. I better make sure I keep Kleptes safe; I am sure he would make a tasty meal in some peoples eyes! Anyways, it is true you might not realize what you are eating at the Chinese restaurant. One of the Chinese Restaurants got busted in York, NE for taking a dead deer in their back door. I guess they were going to put road kill on the menu..haha.

• Members

Well we eat pork which is not much different, even though the bible says we shouldn't. Some countries eat whale meat. The French eat horse meat. Just as we have pork butchers here the French have horse butchers. In one market we fo to in France, Gravelines, there are up to a dozen or so butcher's vans, 50% of them will be Chevaline, horse butchers. You cane get horse roasting joints, horse rump steaks, horse burgers, etc.