• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Chinese Food

• Members

This may or may not be a new topic but I like Americanized Chinese food if you will. Its cheap and filling. Maybe not heathy but sure does beat some of the other fast food. Okay now would you quit ordering food from there if you happened to pick up rather than to have it delivered and saw a Budda statue, and what would appear to be a emerald or jade Hindu statue or vise veresa sitting on their cash out counter. The concern is would it be right to eat the food without knowing weather or not it had been offered to their religion? I don't know if it has or has'nt, but I do know that God forbids people eating food that has been offered to other false gods. Feedback Please.....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't eat the stuff. To me ( keep that in mind - IMO ), I would rather eat buzzard regurgitiation boiled in road kill juice served at a light simmer. That stuff is rotten! :thumb

I eat Chinese food and really have never thought about whether or not is has been offered or not. Interesting thought, though. I love any food, and Asian is one of my favorites. I also shop at an Asian market that carries everything from every Asian land in the world. It is so cool!

I also leave Gospel tracts (many in their language) and I talk with them about what they believe and I share my Christian beliefs with them. I have talked to them about "blessings". They love the word..."blessings". I mean...really, most people do. They are such a beautiful culture. :smile

• Moderators

I prefer not to purchase from restaurants that have idols on display -- haven't yet made it a hard rule, though. I've never thought about the possibility of the food being offered to the idol. I don't think its all that likely, and, like Kevin quoted, we are not forbidden eating such food unless the eating of it causes another to stumble. Personally, I would probably not have a problem with eating it.
:2cents

I prefer not to purchase from restaurants that have idols on display -- haven't yet made it a hard rule, though. I've never thought about the possibility of the food being offered to the idol. I don't think its all that likely, and, like Kevin quoted, we are not forbidden eating such food unless the eating of it causes another to stumble. Personally, I would probably not have a problem with eating it.
:2cents

I leave the Gospel Tracts right under the idols or next to them. I just don't know how else these poor souls are going to get the Word of God...ya, know? The tracts are written (like I said) in their native language, so they pick them up like candy. :smile We have had Asian visitors at both of my IFB churches. Thankfully, we have translators.

• Members

I'm American, so I eat America food, and I like America food. In fact my favorite food is good old country food that has been fried in grease, that is what I grew up eating. I know they say its not good for you. But I know many people who eat this type of food who live into their 80's.

Chinese food places serves to many house cats, I don't like eating house cats.

The people that own our local Chinese place moved out of an apartment complex where they lived, I suppose they move to a new place for there were no more cats left in that neighborhood. The owner of the complex call the law, the bathtub and shower wall was splattered with blood, it turned out to be blood from cats.

My wife and her brother use to like to eat at the Chinese place, but after eating there they would get sick at their stomach, this was before they found out they were serving house cats, so they stopped going there.

• Members

yuck. And if you seen the way they cook those cats, you'll feel sicker. Saw an documentary on TV a LONG time ago about it. It made me wished I never watched it.. Please do NOT look up how they cook their cats. I promise you will regret it. It pure torture..It make American hunters look good to PETA

• Members

There are a couple of things to keep in mind here. One is that very few Chinese eat cats. That being said, even fewer would dare serve them at an American Chinese restaurant. There is such a thing as health inspectors. :wink I imagine that there are extremely few, if any, Chinese restaurants in America that are serving cats.

Also, documentaries must always be taken with a grain of salt because they're always biased one way or another. Even in China, few people eat cats these days so the incidences of cat slaughters and cruel cat slaughters would be very rare. There have been similar documentaries showing the cruelty of Koreans to dogs bred for slaughter. And then there have been documentaries made for Koreans about the cruelty of Americans to their cows. It goes both ways and you can't really trust documentaries.

Chinese food places serves to many house cats' date=' I don't like eating house cats.[/quote']

:lol: So very, true...Pastor Jerry...in the olden days. LOL. In the Philippines they eat dogs. The missionaries that visit my church say that they save the babies and eats the dogs. They can't believe the abortion in the states. :sad

Hubby and I threaten our beasts...esp. Lil' Duke when he acts bad. Hubby (in his Philippino voice) says that "Duke will make mighty fine doggie nugget in Philippines." Dakota (our bigger dog) "will make good beef stew or roast." Thank goodness they have no clue what we are saying. Hubby is a real jokster. :lol He can be such a clown. LOL.

• Members
There are a couple of things to keep in mind here. One is that very few Chinese eat cats. That being said, even fewer would dare serve them at an American Chinese restaurant. There is such a thing as health inspectors. :wink I imagine that there are extremely few, if any, Chinese restaurants in America that are serving cats.

Also, documentaries must always be taken with a grain of salt because they're always biased one way or another. Even in China, few people eat cats these days so the incidences of cat slaughters and cruel cat slaughters would be very rare. There have been similar documentaries showing the cruelty of Koreans to dogs bred for slaughter. And then there have been documentaries made for Koreans about the cruelty of Americans to their cows. It goes both ways and you can't really trust documentaries.

They actually showed what they did. It was awful. people who ate there act like there's nothing to it. but yes, I realize very few people ate cats.

• Members

And some people couldn't see the truth if its staring them in the face, but yet they expect everyone to believe everything they say.

Serving cats meat if very profitable, especially when your stealing the neighborhood cats.

Chinese cat lovers block restaurant delivery

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/20 ... htm?csp=34

Protest in China closes cat meat restaurant

http://www.slashfood.com/2006/06/18/pro ... estaurant/

Cat meat or cat flesh is meat derived from cats. It is eaten sporadically in southern China

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_meat

And those who eat it in my hometown Chinese place also eat cat meat.

• Members

I don't think we should be eating meat that eat meat anyway.
Cows, chicken, pigs, etc. usually eat vegatables.

Cats and dogs eat meat like we do. but people eating cats and dogs don't really bother me that much especially during tough time.. It's how they cooked them that bother me. Animals should be dead before anything else is done to them.