• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A New Face

ThePilgrim

• Members

If only this were some strange new thing! So sad that so many denominations and churches have gone the way of the world in elevating women into pastoral positions which seems to inevitably lead to them eventually elevating open homosexuals to such positions too.

What a shame a once solid Baptist church about a half hour from here took a worldly turn for the sake of "reaching the lost" and "church growth". Not only did they adopt many of the modern things to draw people in, they hired a female associate pastor as well. Church growth did indeed occur and they had to build a big new church. Sad to say, but in comparison to most of the other churches in that town this Baptist church is still "better than" those!

A very small town near hear had a Methodist church with a female "minister" for awhile but that didn't go over well with the mostly older, small town folks so she was rotated elsewhere and an old man came to that church as his first term as a "minister".

There are many excuses given for doing such things, most are worldly, but a few at least try to use Scripture (wrongly) to make their case. All of this when Scripture is so very clear that pastoral positions are to be held by men only. It's also clear the men are to be heterosexual and born again in Christ.

• Members

It doesn't make much difference. CofE bishops are not scriptual and they: all wear the mitre of Dagon.

Has anyone heard her, or seen her writings?

The office is contrary to Scripture but is her teaching? Are folk attacking a servant of Christ?

Missions rely on godly women.

• Members

The office is contrary to Scripture but is her teaching? Are folk attacking a servant of Christ?

Not real missions pardner.

I would no sooner read or hear her than I would the caliphate. I will keep my mind narrow, thank you very much.

(1) Has anyone... No, but would be glad to see what you've found.

(2) The Office is contrary to Scripture but... What does she teach about the office of a Bishop?

(3) Missions rely on godly women... Do Godly women OBey the scriptures with regard to their work for Christ?

Archived