• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Fools

ThePilgrim

• Members

The fools on the hill (Washington) get warning after warning but do they listen.  It is 100 years since the war to end all wars and memories seem to be short in Washington.  

A state of the union speech from OBama and then a follow-up by a repub politician, the other night hardly made me have much hope for the futures of my great grandchildren let alone my grandchildren and my son.  They just keep poking the bear, poking the bear, poking the bear.  Makes them feel tough I guess, but makes me feel weak.  No man seems to be in control of this situation, I pray God is.  

Oh on a side note: See those fire extinguishers on the front of the Russian missile launcher. maybe we will get lucky and when their commander yells "fire" the crew will run for those instead of the fire button that brings hell on earth.  Come Lord Jesus.

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/russias-nuclear-forces-conduct-surprise-drill-12082

• Members

As much as I dislike OBama as president I'm glad McCain didn't get that office for if he acted as he has talked for most of this century he would have had America at war with many countries. A few of his fellow Republicans join him in this extreme war hawk attitude. Continuous calls to arm groups who are not our allies to fight those McCain doesn't like, calls to bomb Russians in Georgia and Ukraine, to bomb Iran and Syria, to provoke North Korea, to directly confront China near her coast.

Russia, who has a strong national leader so unlike OBama, infuriates OBama and he's made it his goal to hold Russia up as the boogie man so he can punish Putin for not licking his shoes. Focusing upon Russia also helps him turn attention from his Muslim friends.

Nothing has been learned from WWI. We have more entangling alliances now than before. It was entangling alliances that brought so many so quickly into war in WWI. We also have those exceedingly willing and quick to want to shoot rather than access situations, which is part of the reason some were so quick to jump to war and set off WWI.

They cry out that they want peace but they call for war after war as their means of achieving peace.

Archived