• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Russia (Magog) & Iran (Persia) Sign Defense Deal - Ezek 38-39

• Members

Babylon is where the Jews learned entrepreneurship.  In Israel, they were agricultural and pastoral.  Babylon was a modern metropolis and multi-cultural and allowed the Jews to prosper.  Jews have taken this entrepreneurial ability wherever they have moved throughout the world and become very successful.  It will take something major ("supernatural") for all Jews worldwide to uproot and move back to Israel.  Ezekiel 37 will literally be fulfilled prior to the Tribulation.

• Members

Babylon is also where they authored the Babylonian Talmud a book that is just as rotten as the Koran of the Muslims.  The Israelites have traveled a long way from God spiritualy and it will indeed take a miracle to bring them back.  We know that God does wondrous miracles and I am sure He can do this one too.  I think we should pray for the salvation of the Jew just as we pray for the salvation of all men.

Also I doubt there shall be any peace in Jerusalem until God changes the government of Israel to a Godly government.  That not only applies to Israel but to any nation.

• Members

Ezekiel 37, "dry bones", documents the re-gathering of "the whole house of Israel" into the promised land.

This is yet future.  A lot of things have to happen in Israel for this to occur.  I like to compare it to the

Exodus from Egypt.  The Egyptians actually gladly gave the Jews gold and silver just to get rid of them.

*Now, with the church absent from the earth, the Devil will turn his wrath upon the Jews, to wipe them out,

as they have gathered in one place on earth... Israel.  If the Devil can totally wipe out the seed of Israel,

then Messiah will not come back to the earth.  That's his "logic" anyway.

I find this questionable based upon one of a bunch of reasons.

The one?

Jesus never talked about a 'rapture' of the Christians, if the 'gathering' he

was talking about in Matthew 24, and the other Gospels, was to the 'Jews'

only.

How can it be that the Lord Jesus Christ had no information about the

Gentiles being raptured? After all, wasn't that the mystery kept secret since

the beginning of creation? That the Gentiles would be fellow heirs?

[Ehesians 3 - 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:]

If the verses in the Gospels weren't about the 'Jews', then what about the gathering together

of the Lords chosen?

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

I find this questionable based upon one of a bunch of reasons.

The one?

Jesus never talked about a 'rapture' of the Christians, if the 'gathering' he

was talking about in Matthew 24, and the other Gospels, was to the 'Jews'

only.

How can it be that the Lord Jesus Christ had no information about the

Gentiles being raptured? After all, wasn't that the mystery kept secret since

the beginning of creation? That the Gentiles would be fellow heirs?

Well now, that brings us to the crux of the prOBlem.  What did Jesus know, and when did he know it.  It clearly states that Jesus was the Minister to the Circumcision.  Paul states that the "mystery" was hidden, but was "now" revealed.  In other words, Paul states clearly that up until that time, the mystery was hidden.  Nothing in the Old Testament reveals the "mystery" of the Church.  Paul states that he is the apostle to the Gentiles and that they are saved by faith alone... without the Law.

If you "rightly divide" and set aside the Gospels and focus on Paul's Epistles, everything clears up.  God deals separately with "the Jews" and "the Church".  The Gospels are aimed at "the Jews", the Pauline Epistles are aimed at "the Church".

• Members

Babylon is where the Jews learned entrepreneurship.  In Israel, they were agricultural and pastoral.  Babylon was a modern metropolis and multi-cultural and allowed the Jews to prosper.  Jews have taken this entrepreneurial ability wherever they have moved throughout the world and become very successful.  It will take something major ("supernatural") for all Jews worldwide to uproot and move back to Israel.  Ezekiel 37 will literally be fulfilled prior to the Tribulation.

All the Jews will not return to Israel till Jesus comes back to Israel and the kingdom starts see Isaiah 60:1-22. The surviving gentiles will bring them home.

• Members

All the Jews will not return to Israel till Jesus comes back to Israel and the kingdom starts see Isaiah 60:1-22. The surviving gentiles will bring them home.

In Revelation 12, the "woman" (Israel) flees into the wilderness to hide from the Antichrist.  Isaiah 60 is a continuation of Ezekiel 37.  There is a regathering, then the Devil tries to totally wipe out the seed of Israel, then the Jews flee into the wilderness, then the Lord returns to save them and set up His kingdom, then the human survivors (the "sheep", not the "goats") enter into the Millennium.

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed,
which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.  Rev 12:17
So, after the Church is gone to heaven, there will be Jews on earth that come to believe that Jesus is Messiah.
We can assume that they will not receive the Mark of the Beast and therefore will be targeted for martyrdom.
In light of this, passages such as Matthew 24, make a lot of sense, as they are directed at Tribulation Messianic Jews.
Edited by beameup

• Members

In Revelation 12, the "woman" (Israel) flees into the wilderness to hide from the Antichrist.  Isaiah 60 is a continuation of Ezekiel 37.  There is a regathering, then the Devil tries to totally wipe out the seed of Israel, then the Jews flee into the wilderness, then the Lord returns to save them and set up His kingdom, then the human survivors (the "sheep", not the "goats") enter into the Millennium.

And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed,
which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.  Rev 12:17
So, after the Church is gone to heaven, there will be Jews on earth that come to believe that Jesus is Messiah.
We can assume that they will not receive the Mark of the Beast and therefore will be targeted for martyrdom.
In light of this, passages such as Matthew 24, make a lot of sense, as they are directed at Tribulation Messianic Jews.

Isaiah 59:20–60:4 KJV

20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from

transgression in JacOB, saith the Lord.

21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed’s seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

60 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.

THE KINGDOM OF JESUS            ␣ 201

3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness

of thy rising.

4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.

—Isaiah 59:20–60:4 KJV

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

More than half of the Jews in the world live in Israel, they outnumber the ones living in the U.S. (especially New York). 

The fulfillment of this prophecy is already underway, but it will take a dramatic turn of events ("supernatural")

for the remainder to turn from the God of economics (ie: money) and return to Israel.  The "Chruch" will not be on

earth when that happens.  Prophecy often looks at the process from a condensed, "telescopic" viewpoint.

Edited by beameup

• Members

Most estimates I have seen suggest that there are about 13-14 million Jews in the world. The vast majority of these Jews live in either the United States andIsrael, both with 5-6 million Jews.                        http://www.jewfaq.org/populatn.htm

With just over 6 million Jews, Israel is the only Jewish majority and explicitly Jewish state. Jewish population figures for the United States are contested, ranging between 5.4 and 6.8 million.     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population_by_country

This tread forces many facts out of context and into a theme that will fit this doctrinal theory.

In my short lifetime (48 years) I've heard people proclaim without any doubts the USSR was Magog. They said the USSR is communist prooving they are Magog. The USSR fell apart so they just changed their proclamation to that of Russia. Now they are saying, "look how fast Islam is growing in Russia, proving they are Magog." 

(Some of comments are almost word for word Les Feldick doctrine. Other comments seem to be that of Jack Van Impe doctrine.) 

Edited by MountainChristian

• Members

Well now, that brings us to the crux of the prOBlem.  What did Jesus know, and when did he know it.  It clearly states that Jesus was the Minister to the Circumcision.  Paul states that the "mystery" was hidden, but was "now" revealed.  In other words, Paul states clearly that up until that time, the mystery was hidden.  Nothing in the Old Testament reveals the "mystery" of the Church.  Paul states that he is the apostle to the Gentiles and that they are saved by faith alone... without the Law.

If you "rightly divide" and set aside the Gospels and focus on Paul's Epistles, everything clears up.  God deals separately with "the Jews" and "the Church".  The Gospels are aimed at "the Jews", the Pauline Epistles are aimed at "the Church".

:huh: 

25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,

28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,

29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:

30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

When Jesus returns and sets up his throne in Jerusalem, Israel will be a light to the Gentiles.

Right now, Jesus is not "the GLORY of THY PEOPLE Israel". 

See all the OT passages concerning the Millennium.

And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.  Isa 60:3
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of JacOB,
and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles,
that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.  Isa 49:6
Edited by beameup

• Members

A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

When Jesus returns and sets up his throne in Jerusalem, Israel will be a light to the Gentiles.

Right now, Jesus is not "the GLORY of THY PEOPLE Israel". 

See all the OT passages concerning the Millennium.

And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.  Isa 60:3
And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of JacOB,
and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles,
that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.  Isa 49:6

Can you give one quote for a 'millenium' from the O.T., can't think of one clearly right now. In whatever wording.

• Members

Netanyahu has begun encouraging Jews in Europe to move to Israel.

Zechariah 2:6-7 God is telling Zion or Israel to leave the Daughter of Babylon when the Russian Jews are going home from the North.

Since 2/3 of the Jews outside Israel are in America, I believe America is the Daughter of Babylon for the end times.