• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Russia (Magog) & Iran (Persia) Sign Defense Deal - Ezek 38-39

• Members

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-iran-signed-military-cooperation-2015-1

Russia and Iran are aligning more and more.

In Tehran on Tuesday, Russian defense minister Sergei Shoigu and his Iranian counterpart, defense minister Hossein Dehghan, signed an agreement on "military cooperation" between the two countries, according to the state-controlled news agency

And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords

• Members

What about the evidence with suggests Magog is Turkey, not Russia?

Get a glOBe, place one end of a string on Jerusalem and the other at the North Pole. Begin your search there.

As to the latest news cycle; the association between Russia and Iran over the past few decades is nothing new. It's also little different than the American association with Iran before our pet dictator was overthrown there.

• Members

The U.S. and the E.U. are pushing the world into two camps.  I think George Bush said it best, "If you ain't with us you are against us".  Any nations that won't Kow Tow to the way the U.S. want the world to be is an enemy of the West.  Why would it be surprising to anyone that those we consider our enemies would consider us a danger to their existence and "circle the wagons".  It doesn't matter whether we are right or wrong (though I think we are wrong) in our behavior with foreign powers, all governments must act in what they perceive in the best interests of their people.  

World leaders are not Christians (in my opinion anyway) so don't expect them to act as such.  They have no Godly wisdom or direction for their actions.  Their actions are based on human experience and (in their opinion) "what works" meaning they are for the most part pragmatists.  Morality or love of fellow man figures little in their thinking.  

Then their is that old saying, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".  We have chosen, out of hubris, to make Russia an enemy instead of our friend.  Why should we be surprised if it decides to befriend someone else we consider our enemy.  Very pragmatic it would seem to me.  Safety in numbers, I guess.  Sorry for all the old cliches. 

I think that it is not necessary to add all this nation realigning business up into an end times scenario.  The New World Order may be behind it all, or Satan, or even OBama or Putin.  I don't know, but in the end God is in control of the outcome.  Oh!  Just one more old cliche we might all think about by that old philosopher Alfred E. Newman, "What me worry".Alfred-600-me-worry.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

• Members

Russia is totally corrupt from top to bottom.

Russia has a one-commodity economy...OIL

Russia is undergoing hyperinflation; oil prices are plummeting.

Traditionally, the solution to such prOBlems is to INVADE another country and steal their wealth.

• Members

Russia is totally corrupt from top to bottom.

Russia has a one-commodity economy...OIL

Russia is undergoing hyperinflation; oil prices are plummeting.

Traditionally, the solution to such prOBlems is to INVADE another country and steal their wealth.

I hate to always sound like I am trying to cast Russia in a good light and the U.S. in  bad light but . . . . 

Russia is totally corrupt from top to bottom . . . . so is the U.S.

Russia has a one-commodity economy...OIL . . . . Yes, that has been true up till now.

Russia is undergoing hyperinflation; oil prices are plummeting. . . . Russia is not undergoing hyperinflation.  Instead of getting definitions of inflation and other economic things from the MSM one should check other sources that are available.  One could start with getting definitions of inflation from a dictionary and compare with the numbers available from many financial news sources.  As for the oil situation: The oil prOBlem is also a big prOBlem in the U.S.  The price of crude has gone below the cost of production in many U.S. oil patches as well as world wide.   Almost all the new technologies including fracking, such as in North Dakota and Canada and Canadian tar sands will have to stop causing unemployment and other prOBlems here.  So the price will have to go back up in due course.  No free lunches.

NOBody has to like Russians or anybody else for that matter, but it would be a wonderful thing if one based their likes or dislikes on facts.

Traditionally, the solution to such prOBlems is to INVADE another country and steal their wealth.. . . . Not just a Russia prOBlem and not a prOBlem at this time.  One could do an in depth study of the U.S. wars as well as a history of all wars and see if this is only a Russian sin.

Edited by ThePilgrim

• Members

What about the evidence with suggests Magog is Turkey, not Russia?

Get a glOBe, place one end of a string on Jerusalem and the other at the North Pole. Begin your search there.

As to the latest news cycle; the association between Russia and Iran over the past few decades is nothing new. It's also little different than the American association with Iran before our pet dictator was overthrown there.

I understood that Magog was Georgia, south of Russia.  Some thought that is was connected with Stalin as he was from Georgia.

• Members

Turkey, the Black Sea, Ukraine, and Russia are north of Israel. Turkey is one of Magog's allies. Moscow Russia is north of Jerusalem.

If you wish, you can view this short video http://wn.com/magog which shows that Ankara, Turkey is directly north of Jerusalem, not Moscow. There are also several other points given which point to Turkey as Magog, not Russia. Considering your love for prophecy, this video will likely be of interest to you.

It's video #2 on their playlist, titled, "Gog Magog identified. IT'S NOT RUSSIA." It's only 7:12 long but he also goes some into the coming war referenced in Scripture too. You will prOBably have to specifically click on the #2 video on the playlist, as otherwise it want's to start with the first video.

This isn't the link I was looking for, but I hope it works for you.

Eric,

I'm editing to add a direct link to the particular video which is easily accessed in this youtube link:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIXx.cBUCDkA8wf7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTByN2RnbHFOBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMw--?p=gog+identified+it%27s+not+russia+youtube+video&vid=c09da12e41372a29bd54b6ce33974004&l=7%3A12&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608047703168909742%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DClKMzSRtnn8&tit=Gog+Magog+Identified+ITS+NOT+RUSSIA&c=2&sigr=11bslmdkm&sigt=11359nuco&sigi=11rv5odnq&age%5B0%5D=1392445456&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&fr=ush-mailn_02&tt=b

Edited by John81

• Members

If you wish, you can view this short video http://wn.com/magog which shows that Ankara, Turkey is directly north of Jerusalem, not Moscow. There are also several other points given which point to Turkey as Magog, not Russia. Considering your love for prophecy, this video will likely be of interest to you.

It's video #2 on their playlist, titled, "Gog Magog identified. IT'S NOT RUSSIA." It's only 7:12 long but he also goes some into the coming war referenced in Scripture too. You will prOBably have to specifically click on the #2 video on the playlist, as otherwise it want's to start with the first video.

This isn't the link I was looking for, but I hope it works for you.

Eric,

I'm editing to add a direct link to the particular video which is easily accessed in this youtube link:

https://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A2KLqIXx.cBUCDkA8wf7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTByN2RnbHFOBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDBGdwb3MDMw--?p=gog+identified+it%27s+not+russia+youtube+video&vid=c09da12e41372a29bd54b6ce33974004&l=7%3A12&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DVN.608047703168909742%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DClKMzSRtnn8&tit=Gog+Magog+Identified+ITS+NOT+RUSSIA&c=2&sigr=11bslmdkm&sigt=11359nuco&sigi=11rv5odnq&age%5B0%5D=1392445456&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&fr=ush-mailn_02&tt=b

Turkey is the tribe of Togarmah and is an allie of Magog

• Members

As the Gog-Magog battle occurs after the millennium, why are you interested? 

Or do you agree with me that the millennium is drawing to a close?

Hosea 5:14-6:3

Israel is to be raised up two days or 2000 years after Jesus went back to heaven. In the third day (the millennium)Israel will live with Jesus.