• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Hymn I Wrote.

• Members

So I recently sat down and wrote out the words to hymn a simple melody, I hope to have a music arrangement for it soon and to eventually upload a recording, here are the words, I took the main inspiration for the hymn from Song of

Solomon 1:1-2 and from Ecclesiastes Chapter 2, the title is "Thy Love is Better than Wine"

verse 1: I said in my heat, go after pleasure, I said in my heart, go after wine, I made me great works, I gathered me gold, then I looked on my works and said.. Behold, all is vanity vexing my spirit, all is shallow and leaves me a hole, in my heart I am empty and nothing can fill me, but then I heard him say:

Chorus: Come drink of this water and you'll never thirst, come eat of this bread today, and then you will gladly say.. thy love is better than wine, thy love is better than wine, now I sing for my soul's satisfied,thy love is better than wine.

Verse 2: There's pleasure in sin,but only for a season, it might be fun for a while,but it will leave you empty and broken, and will drag your soul to hell.

Chorus: Come drink of this water and you'll never thirst, come eat of this bread today, and then you will gladly say.. thy love is better than wine, thy love is better than wine, now I sing cuz my soul's satisfied,thy love is better than wine.

Verse 3:My Jesus is fair and he is pleasant, his name as ointment poured forth, he is lovely altogether, is my Jesus to me.

Chorus: Come drink of this water and you'll never thirst, come eat of this bread today, and then you will gladly say.. thy love is better than wine, thy love is better than wine, now I sing for my soul's satisfied,thy love is better than wine.

Verse 4: Now he who is thirsty come drink of him freely, your sins he will wash them away, and new life he will give you today..for his love is better than wine.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Tonight I preached from Song of Solomon 1:2, and I sung my hymn with a piano playing, I will have an audio up for the message and song sometime soon.

I will warn you though, I taught sunday school today, preached jr, church, preached nursing home, and then preached in the evening... all before singing...my voice was shot and i struggled through the song, but many people said they were blessed by it.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki