• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Web Design Software.

Alan

• Members

Brethren,

I am trying to create a website.

My computer is Windows 7, and tried to use Windows Word, Office 2010, but, after trying I find that it is not suitable and cannot find good instructions for the creating of navigation buttons and links.  Maybe a good web tutorial would help? Any recommendations?

So, after searching the internet it was suggested that I  get Word Publisher. But, I am told that is limited also and the only software I can buy, here on Taiwan, is a Chinese edition software, and the software has a one year agreement that must be renewed every year.

If I buy the English edition of the Publisher softweare over the internet I think it would work on the computer but I am not sure. Any thoughts? Is the English Microsoft Publisher software limited to one year?

After searching the internet I am coming to the conclusion that I need to buy Dream Weaver. I once thought of Dream Weaver but, at the time, I thought that it was too complicated.

I tried Kompozer but it was complicated and I thought that the legal rights of the end result was owned by Kompozer. So, I stopped using it.  Am I mistaken about the legal rights? Is Kompozer better, or less complicated, than Dream Weaver?

Any body has any opinions? Suggestions? Thoughts? All suggestions, or thoughts, good or bad, would  be appreciated and welcomed.

AlanTaiwan

Edited by AlanTaiwan

• Moderators

I think brother Matt has access to an inexpesive website maker, I believe through his father. Might contact him and ask.

Also, there is the site Wix, which I have looked at a bit-its supposed to be free, but I haven't made a site, so don't know the ins and outs yet.

• Members

Brethren,

Thank your for your comments. After doing an internet search and checking out reviews for Weebly  and Wix I decided to download Microsoft Expression Web 4. So far it is going well.

Alan 

Edited by AlanTaiwan

• Administrators

Brethren,

Thank your for your comments. After doing an internet search and checking out reviews for Weebly  and Wix I decided to download Microsoft Expression Web 4. So far it is going well.

Alan 

Let me know if you need any help with Expression Web. I am a web developer so I know a fair amount about coding. Let me know if you need hosting, as I can get you hosting from an IFB Baptist that is very reliable and affordable.

• Members

Bro. Matt,

Thank you for your help. At this point I think I can use the Chinese company that does my email service also will also do the hosting. If this is not the case I will let you know if we need hosting.

In about a week or two I will finish up the editing of it. I am doing the church website in English and in Chinese so it is taking a bit of work to not only make the website but also to  make sure the Chinese text is ok too.

Thank you again for your information.

Alan

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I am feeling more comfortable using Linux (Mint 17.2; Cinnamon Edition). At this point my next step is to consider the pros and cons of the various web page software available.

Here are some of my choices:

1. KompoZer

2. NVU

3. Komodo edot or Komodo IDE

4. Bluefish

5. WIX

6. Weebly

Here are my thoughts on what I can handle:I do not want to get involved with much coding, I want to retain legal rights over the website, the website will be very basic and not with a lot of extras; i.e., animations, etc...

Any thoughts or recommendations? If you do recommend a version, if possible, can you give me an example of a website that uses that version?

One last question. Currently, I created our church website using Microsoft's Web Expression 4. Is it possible to use Web Expression 4 with Linut Mint?

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer and spelling

• Members

I've tried many and various "free website builders". I always use Weebly; I personally found it easier to use than Wix (and all of the others I tried).

As far as "legal rights", I'm not sure...that may require purchasing a web address instead of using the free version supplied by Weebly (or others like Wix). Again, I'm not sure.

Coding: it is possible to use your own coding on Weebly, but they don't make it obvious...however, it's been a while, so I'm a little fuzzy on the particulars of how I did it, but I was able to easily code in some videos and audios (that were hosted on another site). Their free version's audio and video players don't allow much as far as length of content (if that makes sense). So, if you're able to code (even a little), you can work around it.

Extras: Weebly does supply some extras even for their free accounts that can make your website look good. You don't have to be flashy, but they're available if wanted.

Microsoft Web Expression: I have no idea...sorry.

I've made SEVERAL websites with Weebly, but these are the only ones left active right now...they're nothing fancy! :)

http://john3verse7.weebly.com/

http://avbible.weebly.com/

I'll send you a link to a third one in a private message.

• Members

No Nicolaitans,

Thank you for your information, and example, of Weeby. I do appreciate.

I would like to see some examples of websites created with either NVU or KompoZer.

If you, or anybody, knows of someone who had some personal experience (good or bad), or can send me a website created from NVU or KompoZer, I would appreciate it very much.

Alan

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

No Nicolaitans,

Thank you for your information, and example, of Weeby. I do appreciate.

I would like to see some examples of websites created with either NVU or KompoZer.

If you, or anybody, knows of someone who had some personal experience (good or bad), or can send me a website created from NVU or KompoZer, I would appreciate it very much.

Alan

Oh dear...I'm sorry, but I have nothing to offer with this. Please forgive me Bro. Alan.