• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Walk Softly And Carry A Big Stick

ThePilgrim

• Administrators

I don't know how "up on the news" you have been Larry. But this new deployment is a direct response to recent intelligence showing that Russia has successfully deployed Atomic Submarines off of our coasts without being detected by our present monitoring systems.

Since these subs have the ability to launch atomic warheads while staying submerged, and being able to hit any city in the continental United States, it is prudent to be able to identify and track them. It's a purely defensive measure.

• Members

Yes indeed we need to keep our defenses updated. However I think the point is that had America not been so offensive toward Russia those subs prOBably wouldn't have been prowling there to begin with. OBama's constant jabs at Russia provoked Russia to remind America they are a major military power capable of striking America. Thus the subs, Russian naval excursions to our south, bomber flights to our north and near Guam.

For six years now OBama has done the equivalent of bumping Putin's shoulder each time they are near and then yelling for everyone to notice how Putin hit him. It's actually amazing Putin has shown such restraint. We should be thankful a less stable mind isn't president of Russia right now or OBama's actions could have already brought about a disastrous conflict.

• Members

I don't know how "up on the news" you have been Larry. But this new deployment is a direct response to recent intelligence showing that Russia has successfully deployed Atomic Submarines off of our coasts without being detected by our present monitoring systems.

Since these subs have the ability to launch atomic warheads while staying submerged, and being able to hit any city in the continental United States, it is prudent to be able to identify and track them. It's a purely defensive measure.

"We don't always have to poke the bear to cause the bear to be trouble..."

Jim, I think John pretty well summed up the prOBlem.  We keep pushing Russia and they will respond.  When they respond then we will respond, which is what these sensors are. . . . our response to the Russian response.  It is a vicious circle of response.  We do this . . . . they do that . . . . so we do this . . . . so they do that.  You know where it all ends, where it always ends, WAR.  

No happy we don't always have to poke the bear to cause the bear to be trouble.  But we do it anyway.  

This is my country right or wrong.  This is where I was born and raised.  Yes, this is my land, but the government and the people who have taken it over are not my people.  They are part of a glOBal elite class that have promoted their glOBalist agenda for scores of years and have in the last decade or so finally managed to control what happens worldwide.  Most can't or won't see it.  Most believe what the MSM tells them to believe.  So be it, I can't change that, but that does not change what is.  The world is a fallen place filled with fallen people and ruled by the most powerful of the fallen.  To expect the fall to continue until Christ comes is the right course.  Certainly to expect any worldly government to come into power and change things for the good is an error. 

• Moderators

I suspect Russia has never stopped having nuke subs in our waters. The Cold war ended, but it hasn't stopped. The wall fell and Clinton slimmed our military down, shut down our bases, moth-balled our shipps and fired our troops, but Russia continued to do what they always did. That we figured that they would just stop and become our buddies was pretty stupid.

Many still believe that Russia is the kingdom to the north that will ally with the various middle east nations to stand against Israel, and they haven't really given any reason to think otherwise. Many of the weapons used by the Arab nations have been Soviet/Russian, including subs, ships and planes.

What we need to do is stop poking the bear, but 'bear' in mind that they are not, nor will be, our allies anytime in the future. and when they have a former KGB officer in charge of the nation, its easy to see where their thinking is. I mean, with all the "candid" picturse of Putin with his shirt off, doing mighty, manly things, can't we see that the propaganda machine continues on? Do we really think he's out there wrasslin' bears and back-handing sharks in his time off, and people just happen to catch him in the act?

• Members

Is Russia the Evil Empire of the North.  Is Russia the nation that will lead all the other nations against Israel?  I don't know!  I am not an expert on eschatological matters.  I have read a lot on such matters but I still must say I don't know much.  The "expert" opinions seem to be all over the map in their conclusions.

But I do know what I see with my own eyes.  I do know what I hear with my own ears.  I do know that my government and the MSM which seems to be controlled by them lies to me constantly.  I also do know that other nations leaders and their media lie to me constantly.  I do know that Satan is the author of lies.  So where does that leave me as regards to the truth?  How can I tell the truth from a lie?

I read my bible!  I read history as recorded in the bible and I believe it!  I believe what it tells me about man and man's behavior and I relate that knowledge to what I see around me.  Can I tell the truth from a lie in what I get from the MSM?  Strangely, though it may sound prideful and arrogant, the answer is, most of the time yes.  I compare what I hear and read with what I see.  If they don't match it is a lie.    

I grew up during World War II and the cold war.  I experienced the whole thing.  I hated the Russians and everything I thought they stood for.  I remember Gorbachev and Perestroika and the collapse of the Soviet Union.  At the time I didn't believe a word of it, but during the ensuing years I watched what went on in the former Soviet Union.  The Soviet Union really did collapse.  Communism in Russia really did lose control of the Russian government.  I would suggest you read a history of the Russian state since the time of the collapse that has not been tainted by the U.S. State Department and it's voice the MSM.  Read an unbiased history of The U.S. actions in Eastern Europe and compare that to the promises made to Russia at the time of the Soviet Union collapse.

As far as the leader of Russia, Putin.  His history and actions from the time Yeltsin is available from sources other than the MSM.  

What is needed my most Americans is a thorough study of our own history.  A thorough understanding of our history would help to restore a love for the true America that should have been but that never really was.  

• Members

While we like to think our CIA isn't anything like the old KGB, the fact is they are not that dissimilar, especially on the international front. President Bush the First was a former head of the CIA and so far his sideways methods have led to more prOBlems than Putin has brought about.

Russia, including the leadership as well as the citizenry, were very excited about the collapse of communism and prospects of friendship with America and cooperation together. American presidents and the EU both gave Russia all sorts of assurances and promises prior to their ending the Soviet Union. Unfortunately the Western leadership quickly acted contrary to most of those promises. As well, rather than treating Russia as a new found friend, the West (especially America) began treating Russia like a defeated foe; basically kicking them while down and spitting in their face as they tried to stand up.

Even so, Russian leaders viewed this as a short-term prOBlem, believing the West would pass through that "phase" and friendship and cooperation would come forth. Even Putin, which the American media has tried to vilify, especially after he refused to kiss OBama's feet, has during his time as president continually shared information with America regarding terrorists and other international matters. To our governments shame, they have mostly viewed Russian intelligence sharing as unreliable and something to be suspicious off; this even after time and again their information has proven accurate and correct. The Boston marathon bombing likely could have been prevented had American leadership took Russian warnings seriously.

Russia was also among the first to offer condolences after 9-11 and to offer support, both via intelligence and military assistance, in going after those responsible. Since Bush the Second declared America to be at war on terror, Russia (including Putin) has continually offered to join with America in dealing with the terrorists. Unfortunately, American presidents have consistently refused such and have even launched verbal attacks against Russia for their own dealings against terrorists even while America was waging war against the same.

There are some potentially compelling arguments which point to Turkey being that Northern Kingdom, not Russia. There is a good video of this somewhere on YouTube but I've not found it since my last computer issues. If one takes a glOBe and places a string at Jerusalem and the other end at the North Pole the string crosses Ankara, Turkey; not Moscow or Russia at all.

There are some other theories as well. The Russia theory really took off in the West (especially in America) due to the Cold War and the belief the Soviet Union was going to start WWIII and part of that was going to be the Soviets invading the Middle East to control the oil and Israel because they were an American ally. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, many have began looking at Turkey, and a couple other places more seriously.

In any event, all nations are awash in sin, not just Russia, but America, Canada, Mexico, England, France, Germany, Greece, China, South Africa, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, and all the rest.

Archived