• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Goodbye 2014

Miss Daisy

• Members

Amen!!!

Hoping and praying 2015 will be a MUCH better year.

Thankfully our pastors sermons, as well as his Sunday school class, has been a real blessing throughout the year. I can't imagine going through a year like this one without a church home and wonderful church family.

• Members

Amen!!!

Hoping and praying 2015 will be a MUCH better year.

Thankfully our pastors sermons, as well as his Sunday school class, has been a real blessing throughout the year. I can't imagine going through a year like this one without a church home and wonderful church family.

Hear Hear

• Moderators

One year passes to the next, and seem anymore to stay about the same.

One thing I miss about having our own building, was the New year's Watch Night service. We'd get together about 7pm or 8pm, have preaching, give some of the younger men a time to give a short lesson for practice and edification; eat, maybe watch a movie, (a good one we watched was Sheffy". About a 19th century circuit-riding preacer in the Appalacians), maybe play some Bible-based game. Then, at abpout 5 till mignight, we would get together and all take a turn praying, bringing the new year in with prayer. Once done, we would clean up and everyone go home.

Can't do this as well in a rented room.

Archived