• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Where Is The New 'temple' Going To Be Built? Inside The Walls Or Out?

Genevanpreacher

• Members

According to my notes from Liberty University, Stephen was stoned the same year that the Holy Spirit fell at Pentecost.

Are your notes inspired? 

Are yours?

The Scriptures I base my notes on ARE inspired. I am quite sure that your Liberty University notes have NO supporting Scriptures relating to the date of Stephen's stoning. When you read Acts 4, 5 & 6 you will see a great deal was happening, with time for people to sell lands & bring the proceeds. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Covenanter,

The Scriptures, upon which you base your notes ARE inspired, but notes which are "spiritualized", "allegorical", and preteristic are  NOT inspired by God, but by  "private interpretation" (2 Peter 1:20-21). 

SFIC never said his "notes" were "inspired".  His notes are simply information which is either correct or incorrect. 

Notes which change true historical facts, such as the time of the writing of the book of Revelation, are not inspired by God.

• Members

You don't remember correctly. 

My apologies.

One more time...

Sorry to cause you extra work, but now I think I understand what you were saying.

He will 'act like God acts on God's throne'.

Not literally sit himself on God's throne in the Temple and rule as if he were God.

And, IS THERE a throne of God in the Temple?

There's nothing about a throne in the verse that beamup posted; where did that come from? All the verse says is that he will sit in the temple and show himself as God. There are many places in the temple that he could sit. I personally think he will sit in the most holy place when this happens...but that's just me.

Speaking of "temple", it has been opined that the temple is believers or churches (I don't remember which one was put forth)...not a physical building. How can someone "sit" inside each and every believer (or each and every church) at the same time? How can someone "sit" inside each and every believer (or each and every church) and falsely proclaim himself to be God? This is definitely a "he" doing this, but the only person who can do that is the Holy Spirit...and the Holy Spirit isn't the one who commits the abomination of desolation.

No, this is a literal person...physically sitting in the literal temple...literally proclaiming himself to be God.

The Scriptures I base my notes on ARE inspired. I am quite sure that your Liberty University notes have NO supporting Scriptures relating to the date of Stephen's stoning. When you read Acts 4, 5 & 6 you will see a great deal was happening, with time for people to sell lands & bring the proceeds. 

Covenanter, I have one question...I think.   :nuts:

Who's dating system did you use for the death of Stephen?

I've seen several, and from those several, I've seen several different dates attributed for Stephen's martyrdom. That tells me that you had to pick one...

• Members
Note the keywords.

Daniel 9:26  And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the OBlation to cease,

Mt 26:28  For this is my blood  of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Romans 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

Heb 8:8  For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

• Members

My apologies.

Sorry to cause you extra work, but now I think I understand what you were saying.

There's nothing about a throne in the verse that beamup posted; where did that come from? All the verse says is that he will sit in the temple and show himself as God. There are many places in the temple that he could sit. I personally think he will sit in the most holy place when this happens...but that's just me.

Speaking of "temple", it has been opined that the temple is believers or churches (I don't remember which one was put forth)...not a physical building. How can someone "sit" inside each and every believer (or each and every church) at the same time? How can someone "sit" inside each and every believer (or each and every church) and falsely proclaim himself to be God? This is definitely a "he" doing this, but the only person who can do that is the Holy Spirit...and the Holy Spirit isn't the one who commits the abomination of desolation.

No, this is a literal person...physically sitting in the literal temple...literally proclaiming himself to be God.

Covenanter, I have one question...I think. :nuts:

I've seen several, and from those several, I've seen several different dates attributed for Stephen's martyrdom. That tells me that you had to pick one...

exactly, NN, he dates time of Stephen's martyrdom to be seven years after Jesus' anointing and baptism ... With no Scripture to support it. But when I give dates from an accredited Bible College with no Scripture, I am wrong.

Can anyone else see the hypocrisy?

• Members

Note the keywords.

Daniel 9:26  And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27  And he shall confirm1 the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the OBlation to cease,

Mt 26:28  For this is my blood  of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Romans 15:8  Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm2the promises made unto the fathers:

Heb 8:8  For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:13  In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Note the difference between the two "confirms"...

1confirm (from Daniel 9:27) - to strengthen or make stronger. Whoever is "confirming" this covenant is making the covenant stronger than it was before.

2confirm (from Romans 15:8) - to make firm or steadfast. The Lord Jesus Christ "confirmed" the promises made to the fathers firm and steadfast.

Same word with different context. 

• Members

Note the difference between the two "confirms"...

1confirm (from Daniel 9:27) - to strengthen or make stronger. Whoever is "confirming" this covenant is making the covenant stronger than it was before.

2confirm (from Romans 15:8) - to make firm or steadfast. The Lord Jesus Christ "confirmed" the promises made to the fathers firm and steadfast.

Same word with different context. 

Huh? Confirm from who's definition?

Here's one: "establish the truth or correctness of (something previously believed, suspected, or feared to be the case)."

Where'd you get yours?

• Members

Huh? Confirm from who's definition?

Here's one: "establish the truth or correctness of (something previously believed, suspected, or feared to be the case)."

Where'd you get yours?

Well, you got yours from the Oxford Dictionary...up to date English language.

It doesn't matter...we're just going around in circles...

Let me end my participation in this thread with this...

Your OP asked, Where Is The New 'temple' Going To Be Built? Inside The Walls Or Out? The answer has been given, but not to everyone's liking.

If I'm wrong, forgive me...but I think you started the topic just to get things riled up. You basically know there are two sets of beliefs present on this forum...futurist and historical. You are historical; therefore, your question was rhetorical and not a serious inquiry to generate discussion and learning. Rather, it was posted to stir debate.

I've tried to behave in a non-combative, non-debating way. If I have failed; I apologize.

Romans 1:28-32 and 2 Corinthians 12:20

• Members

Covenanter, I have one question...I think.   :nuts:

I haven't looked up any non-inspired dating system. From Acts it is early on in the account of the church, but after a number of significant events, church grown, Pentecost & subsequent believers travelling back to their homes, selling land & returning. And it fits in with the 70 week prophecy simply understood. 

• Members

It seems pretty clear that any new temple would have to be built either where the Dome of the Rock now sits or very close to it. Any other location would be unacceptable to Orthodox Jews as well as most religious Jews.

As NN said, other than a simple answer to the basic question there is nothing more to discuss unless someone wants to turn this into something else. Given the simplicity of the question and answer one has to wonder why there are five pages in this thread already and not only one.

Archived