• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reigning With Christ

Ukulelemike

• Moderators

Rerv 20:4 speaks of those who will live and reign with Christ for 1,000 years.

Now, I'd like this thread not to turn into an arument of whther this has already ahppened, is happening now, and such. Not being a preterist, I see this as yet future. We can argue that til the cows come home somewhere else.  

My question is, speaking of the saints, what will we be doing during this time, the milennial reign? Is this us that will live and reign, or will be be doing something else? If this DOES include us, how do you think this will play out? Will we be given individual cities/states/provinces, etc, to rule over in Christ's name? Will we be active in other things? Will we sleep, eat, farm, take walks, live in any manner as we do today?

I realize the Bible is generally silent on specifics-what are your thoughts?

• Members

Just a quick thought.  (Yes -- surprise, surprise -- on a rare occasion, I actually can present just a quick thought.)

Only those New Testament believers who meet the following qualification will be those who reign with Christ during His millenial reign.

2 Timothy 2:12a -- "If we suffer, we shall also reign with him."

• Moderators

Just a quick thought.  (Yes -- surprise, surprise -- on a rare occasion, I actually can present just a quick thought.)

Only those New Testament believers who meet the following qualification will be those who reign with Christ during His millenial reign.

Okay-what will the rest be doing?

And what suffering will count? Only those who are martyred? Not arguing, just curious as to interpretation-what sort of suffering?

Today, people who get dirty looks for saying Merry Christmas think they are suffering. I guess not too many Americans will be reigning with Christ. lol

• Members

Rerv 20:4 speaks of those who will live and reign with Christ for 1,000 years.

Now, I'd like this thread not to turn into an arument of whther this has already ahppened, is happening now, and such. Not being a preterist, I see this as yet future. We can argue that til the cows come home somewhere else.  

My question is, speaking of the saints, what will we be doing during this time, the milennial reign? Is this us that will live and reign, or will be be doing something else? If this DOES include us, how do you think this will play out? Will we be given individual cities/states/provinces, etc, to rule over in Christ's name? Will we be active in other things? Will we sleep, eat, farm, take walks, live in any manner as we do today?

I realize the Bible is generally silent on specifics-what are your thoughts?

Hello

The book of Revelation makes it very clear, that those who are saved “during the tribulation” are promised to rule and reign with the Lord for “1000 years”, while those of us who are saved now(the Body of Christ), will reign with Him for ever.

Although the Bible seems to be somewhat silent about our activities during this 1000 years, I expect to have all the privileges of the Lord’s queen during that time. Maybe traveling the world preaching and teaching, etc.

• Members

I can't imagine what it means. The dictionary says  Reign: hold royal office; rule as king or queen   Rule: exercise ultimate power or authority over (an area and its people)

I can't, in my wildest imagination, believe that will be me.  I may joke about wanting to be king, but I hardly think I now or ever could qualify for the being vice king or even a prince.  When I look at my life, my experiences and abilities . . . . no way.

So maybe that means I am not really a Christian.  When I look at the lives of the so-called great Christians of the ages and all the mistakes, wow!  When I look at the Christians around me, wow!

When I hear Christians reigning I hope it is not the dictionary definition.  And I certainly hope it is not the mormon idea . . . . we will all have a world to run.  

I'm going to go read the news and my morning blogs now, this is just too much for my little imagination this early in the morning plus I got a cold . . . . just too much.  See ya later.  :puzzled3:

• Moderators

I can't imagine what it means. The dictionary says  Reign: hold royal office; rule as king or queen   Rule: exercise ultimate power or authority over (an area and its people)

I can't, in my wildest imagination, believe that will be me.  I may joke about wanting to be king, but I hardly think I now or ever could qualify for the being vice king or even a prince.  When I look at my life, my experiences and abilities . . . . no way.

So maybe that means I am not really a Christian.  When I look at the lives of the so-called great Christians of the ages and all the mistakes, wow!  When I look at the Christians around me, wow!

When I hear Christians reigning I hope it is not the dictionary definition.  And I certainly hope it is not the mormon idea . . . . we will all have a world to run.  

I'm going to go read the news and my morning blogs now, this is just too much for my little imagination this early in the morning plus I got a cold . . . . just too much.  See ya later.  :puzzled3:

Its a good thing, then, to know that in the resurrection, we know we will be lke Jesus-our wills, I believe, shall at last follow His will perfectly. I wouldn't want to reign today, either, but in that day, we will be able to reign perfectly by His will.

Archived