• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Tablets

John81

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a Samsung Tab 3  8 inch, When I bought it I discussed with the store about that and an Ipad.  He said the Galaxy was easier to use and as I already had a Galaxy S3 smartphone there was very little extra for me to learn.  Some months later I lost it and tried to buy a new one but it was discontinued so I about a 10 inch model but I found that too large so I claimed a new model from my insurance company.  I did not claim straight away as I did not thing they would wear it as I had no idea how I had lost it and I had a claim for a computer repair at the same time and two in the past.  To my surprise they didn't quibble at all and supplied me with a new Galaxy note.  I promised the larger Tab to my grandson who is at university.  Then about a week or so ago the original lost one turned up.  I phoned my insurance co. and told them about it and they said it now belonged to them and I could could either return it to them or pay a salvage fee.  I chose the latter and gave it to my granddaughter last Friday.

• Members

We have a Nextbook 7" tablet. Bought it at Walmart, I think $69. Very much worth the money, for entertainment purposes.

Netflix works great, books are easy to read, it makes a great alternative when someone is on the 'real' computer.

Only prOBlem is it does take time to load pages and comes with small memory, so you really need to plan to buy memory chips

larger than it already has, if you want to be able to download the free games from places like Google Play or Facebook.

• Members

We have a Nextbook 7" tablet. Bought it at Walmart, I think $69. Very much worth the money, for entertainment purposes.

Netflix works great, books are easy to read, it makes a great alternative when someone is on the 'real' computer.

Only prOBlem is it does take time to load pages and comes with small memory, so you really need to plan to buy memory chips

larger than it already has, if you want to be able to download the free games from places like Google Play or Facebook.

I find my Galaxy note is much faster to load than the PC.  I do not use it for games or films.  I do use it for emails, taking photos, reading the bible and bible notes, downloading and reading books, keeping notes and diary, and a new use, as a remote control for a Tascam recording device for our bible studies which are held in the back room where we have no recording equipment.

• Members

Thank you for all your help. I looked at some in a store yesterday and decided to look at some others today, so I'm still looking. I've also looked at many online. Reviews are so conflicting on some of them it's hard to know what to think. One person says it's the best one ever while the next person says it's the worst!

• Members

it's hard to know what to think. One person says it's the best one ever while the next person says it's the worst!

THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO RIGHTLY DIVIDE A TABLET!!!

It's individual choice and preference. I wouldn't like a small screen no matter how good the tablet was. Others wouldn't like a large screen no matter what. 

The one that I bought for my wife had "mostly" good reviews. There were some bad ones for it too. So perhaps look at an over-all rating of the tablet given by people...you know...like 4 out of 5 stars.

Like I said, our only complaint is battery life is no where near what it's advertised as. Of course, they get around that by saying "UP TO" so many hours. I guess you get that many hours if you just turn it on and don't use it for anything!  :nuts:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

How about this RCA 10" which comes with a case and keyboard?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-10.1-Tablet-16GB-Quad-Core-Bonus-Keyboard-Case/38693695

Bought one! I really like it. I use it to do my sermons on, now, so I don't have to print it out and have old sermons laying around. No room to keep them all. Am now working on the recording thing, as I mentioned earlier.

I alos like about it, that I can have it with me any time I am out and about, and can work on notes wherever I may be, when something strikes me. Last night I had to pick up a friend at the airport. So I went to town a bit early, went to Starbucks, had an Eggnog Latte and sat and worked on the tablet, on Starbuck's internet dime.

Archived