• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

More American Justice

ThePilgrim

• Members

Most people aren't going to do what's right simply because it's right. Most have a "what's right in my own eyes" mindset. Once they have been indoctrinated and trained a certain way, that becomes the view they see from. This is why there are so many cases of those not only in the military and police "just following orders", but also of friends who go along with their friends raping, beating or killing someone.

Unless the politicians and police are born again in Christ, we can't really expect much change to take place for the better. They will continue to be lost sinners acting the same, serving their father the devil.

• Members

The police officers ought to have to give you a warning "Do as I say or I will kill you."  American justice system today.  And it seems like the vast majority of the population agree with it.  It seems like the GOOD people of the land are just as good as the BAD people.

And as far as tasers are concerned.  The company that makes and sells tasers describe them as being meant for use only (just like firearm) when life is endangered.  I do not think anyones life was endangered in this incident except the extremely dangerous victim of police violence.  Police love to use weapons of any kind, it seems.  It proves their manhood, I guess.  I use to think it was rediculous to not arm bOBbies in London . . . . now I underestand why they didn't.  Power corrupts men in uniform just as it corrupt any one else.

Police in England are not usually armed. We do have diplomatic protection squad who are armed, and we also have trained armed officers who form "Armed response units"  Mostly police will shout "Armed Police" which will often cause the suspected offender to put up his hands, and them if suspicious moves are made they will shoot.  There are exceptions to this of course e.g. when a someone is suspected of being a suicide bomber they are likely to be shot without warning. Even this can have tragic consequences such as in the case of a Brazilian waiter who was shot on a Tube Train in London soon after they bombing s on London trains.Police believed he was connected to the bombers.  AT the time I belonged to a genealogical site and people were posting the the police had done a good jOB but I warned that they should wait and see if he was guilty or not.   I got a lot of stick from the other members and was accused of being unpatriotic and that the police would not shoot an innocent man.  Within a few days it was proved that they had in fact shot an innocent man.  

There was a case recently where a Tazer was used on a man who had not warranted it and had not been warned and died almost immediately.  It later emerged that the Tazer was not of a type approved for use by the police. 

• Members

The evidence and witnesses in Ferguson pretty clearly laid out self defense.  I fully supported Officer Wilson.  He was attacked.  Period.

The case in NYC I have not researched....it does not seem right, on first view...but somehow a Grand Jury felt it was okay.  Terrible timing, that's for sure.

What gets me is that shortly after the Ferguson shooting, a black cop shot a white man in Utah.  The white man did not attack the cop or anything..he just refused to put his hands up, and then when he suddenly shot them up, the cop thought he had a gun, and shot him dead.  (I saw the video, the cop was wearing a camera).    But the man had been unarmed.  But no media wants to touch that one with a ten foot pole.

I'm tired of the inequality.  I'm not racist.  I have not done anything to anyone of another skin color.  So I don't expect to be on the receiving end of a lot of racism lately.   If the media wants to make a big deal about cop shootings, then they need to report ALLLL of them.  Not just the white on black ones.

Archived