• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Promoting Other Religious Groups?

DaveW

• Members

John brought up covey, not me.
I simply answered John's mistaken understanding.
I left it some time to see if John's misunderstanding would be corrected by another member, but it was not, so I did so.

I really don't understand why I am the bad guy in all this......

He is the one who is teaching false doctrine and lying - yes lying - about his affiliations in order to deceive, and it appears that no matter how I try to point that out, it is my comments that get deleted, my threads that get moved or removed, and I am slyly threatened with banning. Even when I have given entirely reasonable and thoughtful answers the thread gets closed......

This is in the part of the forum where I was told to stay.
I have said once that if it was up to me he would be banned, but also at that time stated that it was not up to me; but I have not called out to the mods for him to be banned.

Several times a comment which I have posted has been liked by multiple members and then deleted by a nameless mod.

And of all this activity, there is very little to no explanation as to why I am being moderated in this manner.

I know you think I am being unreasonable, but others do not - and what I find unreasonable is a total lack of explanation apart from comments such as your last one....

It seems like my presence here is not wanted.

Before you delete this or ban me you should really consider how this appears from my side - you may not agree, but this is what I am seeing. There might just be something to learn from this post - or there might not. But you would be foolish to simply disregard the feelings of a long term member of this site, without considering if there might some small - minute even - amount of truth in what I say.

I will post very little from now on.

• Administrators

Dave,

Please reconsider your last statement. We don't need to lose a sound IFB advocate.

I think Paul's exhortation to Titus is relevant to this thread.

Tit 1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

Archived