• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Promoting Other Religious Groups?

DaveW

• Members

At least one mod has seen the promotion of of non-Baptist groups on this website and ignored it.

Just pointing out that there have been some who are told not to promote their non-Baptist viewpoint, while certain others are apparently allowed to.

There is no mechanism to report posts on mOBile.......

• Members

Why not be clear as to what other religion is being promoted, what thread it's in, perhaps a post number from the thread if that would help?

I don't recall seeing what you mention here but I'm behind on reading some of the threads and postings. I'll try to keep an eye out for it.

• Members

how many IFB believe in Covenant theology? 

I've all but given up complaining about Covenantors posts. He's not like any IFB pastor I've ever met that's for sure. All pastors I've met take the Bible literally, not to be interpreted your own way. 

• Administrators

We're not going to turn this into a bash-a-member thread.  

Covenanter does not claim to be IFB (nor is he a pastor), and he does not have access to the IFB forums because of that (as do not any other members who are not IFB, of which we have a few). I've met many pastors who interpret the Bible in their own pet ways...IFB pastors, in fact. Even some on here...

• Members

As best I can remember, Covenanter said his position and affiliation in England is similar to and as close to IFB as they have in England.

He's involved in the music in his church and he's mentioned other things he's involved in there but not as a pastor.

IFB has it's origins in America, beginning a little over a hundred years ago. IFBs have spread to some other nations through missionary work and migration but there are not IFB churches in many places around the world.

Most nations with any sizable Christian population at all have some conservative churches and while not IFB some are similar and would be equated in the same category as our IFB churches.

Labels don't usually fit precisely. Even here in America IFBs are fit into the broad category of "evangelicals"; a term most IFBs would reject as that term no longer means what it once did...which ties back in with the original formation of IFBs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

As best I can remember, Covenanter said his position and affiliation in England is similar to and as close to IFB as they have in England

This is the prOBlem - HE HAS SAID, and it has been accepted - BUT IT IS A LIE.

There are many named independent Baptist churches in the UK.
A very simple search reveals that fact, and as applies with independent Baptist churches around the world, there will be good and bad among them.

His group has at least one "Baptist church" listed, but they are not a Baptist group.
Part of their statement of faith includes, for instance a clear support for universal church. It is stated that any church which wishes to join them (how independent is that? ) MUST agree to the whole statement of faith.

Whilst I have not bothered to examine the site - and I already knew his statements about "IFB equivalent" were false, there are other indicators of doctrines that IFB would not agree to.

The point is that he has claimed to be the same as IFB, but he is not.
Aside from his heretical teaching on at least four separate doctrines (if not more), he is also a deceiver regarding his affiliation, and a liar about historical events as well.

Please note: I have made no reference to the jOB the mods are doing and do not intend to imply any comment about the mods either good or bad. Further I am directly addressing the post quoted, so this reply is entirely appropriate in its purpose

• Members

This is the prOBlem - HE HAS SAID, and it has been accepted - BUT IT IS A LIE.

There are many named independent Baptist churches in the UK.
A very simple search reveals that fact, and as applies with independent Baptist churches around the world, there will be good and bad among them.

His group has at least one "Baptist church" listed, but they are not a Baptist group.
Part of their statement of faith includes, for instance a clear support for universal church. It is stated that any church which wishes to join them (how independent is that? ) MUST agree to the whole statement of faith.

Whilst I have not bothered to examine the site - and I already knew his statements about "IFB equivalent" were false, there are other indicators of doctrines that IFB would not agree to.

The point is that he has claimed to be the same as IFB, but he is not.
Aside from his heretical teaching on at least four separate doctrines (if not more), he is also a deceiver regarding his affiliation, and a liar about historical events as well.

Please note: I have made no reference to the jOB the mods are doing and do not intend to imply any comment about the mods either good or bad. Further I am directly addressing the post quoted, so this reply is entirely appropriate in its purpose

Okay, now that I've controlled the laughing after reading the "Please note", I'll try to reply.

My knowledge of churches over there is limited. From those who live, or have lived there, I've been told finding a good church is very difficult. Most have said where they lived it came down to a choice between an "okay" or "better than nothing" church or not attending at all.

Covenanter doesn't strike me as a liar. He certainly may be misinformed about some things, he certainly has a different understanding of some biblical and historical matters than I do, but I don't see them as matters of him telling a lie about these things but rather a matter of him either not knowing the truth or factors from his raising and/or life experiences which colors his vision in that area.

Most Christians I know here in America are exceedingly wrong on many matters of history. For most, they are simply repeating the lies they were taught in the public education indoctrination mills, including colleges, and from seeing the same lies repeated on TV and in movies. They aren't telling a lie themselves when they repeat what they've been told all their lives is true.

The same is true of a good many Christians in this country as well. They don't know any better or the time period they grew up in has tainted their thinking and ideas.

I don't know what four wrong doctrinal teachings you are referring to so I can't comment upon them. I'm assuming one is his eschatological view of partial preterism but I do can't at this moment think of what they other three might be.

I've not closely followed most of the many threads on eschatology for the past many months. For the most part, what I did read was a repeat of what had already been said in numerous other threads numerous times. Beyond that, most of those threads had so many quotes and writing within quotes (with or without differing colors) making them even more difficult to follow. Therefore, it's possible I've missed a good deal in those threads.

• Members

I'm not sure the Partial Preterist agree among themselves. Its so complex how could they? How did the disples know when Jesus was speaking figuratively vs literally? The Books of Peter makes it plain that Peter thought all of it was literal. 

Where as Dispensationalism is so simple, here is the signs wait and watch.

If I'm causing something awful with that thread let me know and I'll close it. 

• Members

John, you not knowing is why I posted the brief info I did. It is not hard to find the true information - a simple Google search will supply it.
However, he lives there - he has no such excuse - and to claim his mOB is the same is UNTRUE. Even a quick comparison of their website and the independent Baptist websites brings up vast differences.
That makes him a liar.

I am glad you got a laugh, but I wanted to ensure I was not misunderstood as attacking the mods.....again....

Archived