• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How God Deals With Our Sin

Donald

• Members

I have always said, “that the LORD is very clear when He corrects us”; Always making it crystal clear to us where we are going wrong! But that may not be the case......
V.12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
V.13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, [that] shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” (John 16:12-13)

The Lord may use the Holy Spirit, to HINT around to us about some of our sins, because(for some reason), we are not able to bear “all of the truth” at once.
------------------------
An interesting quandary:
The Bible says....
“If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear [me]:” (Psalms 66:18)
(Therefore I am diligent to be very quick to deal with any iniquity or sin in my life, to keep the communication clear, between myself and my LORD!)

But the Bible also says.......
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8)
(Therefore I am always reminding myself, that I am “a dirty rotten sinner and I deserve to go to hell”!)

Now, this means that at this very moment, even though I have no unconfessed sin in my life or heart: “Sin is still there” and I just don’t know about it yet.
And sure enough, as I am faithful to daily study God’s Word and pray and expose myself to the preaching of God’s Word, he regularly “reveals” to me, SIN, that I have been committing all along, that I was unaware of.

The way that God reveals these sins to me, is by dropping hints into my mind about what I am doing: Showing me, how my behavior or thought life, looks to Him! And if I take the time to think about these hints, my eyes are opened and the light comes on and I can clearly see where I have been sinning all along! Then I have the opportunity to Repent of my sin and continue to draw closer to the LORD.

Archived