• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Dolly Parton

RSS Robot

• Members

Do any IFBs look to Dolly as a beacon of theology or believe she's been a good representation of Christianity over the past 50 or so years?

Dolly, and many other "Christian" entertainers, have long been on the liberal side of things. They have supported rabid feminism, been involved in the over sexualization of entertainment and the nation, promoted "tolerance" for just about anything (including the sin of homosexuality) while their songs and movies have been secular in nature. When they did mention their Christianity, or include something of that in a song or movie, it was a secularized Christianity, not biblical Christianity.

Unfortunately, most Christians in America are of the secular Christian kind and they find no prOBlem with saying they go to church or pray in Jesus name even while their lives are dominated by getting drunk, engaging in sinful sex, foul mouth talking, and assorted other sins.

• Members

@John81 

Nicely worded.  I heard the other day a quick piece on Christians that wear bifocals.  To be sure, I did and hate that I did!  Now, I am trying only to see as God does and wow it is difficult!  Again, nicely worded response. 

• Members

@John81 

Nicely worded.  I heard the other day a quick piece on Christians that wear bifocals.  To be sure, I did and hate that I did!  Now, I am trying only to see as God does and wow it is difficult!  Again, nicely worded response. 

God has perfect vision - bifocals are helpful to provide clear vision. Otherwise my limit of clear vision, including reading distance is about 10 cm - that makes it difficult to read. 

• Members

HC, I think he means by "bifocals" are Christians who try to view life through the "worlds eyes" and also through "Gods eyes" instead of getting rid of the bifocals and viewing everything only as God sees it.  

That's how I understand the meaning as well.

• Members

There is hardly  any good, of any kind, from any  body from Hollywood. None of the hollywood actors have any spiritual life at all. Maybe a  little less television and such would do all of us more good.

• Members

At least he's pointing out prOBlems in people who are OBviously prOBlems rather than nitpicking preachers.  haha.   Although I guess because I live up North, I know NOBODY who looks up to Dolly Parton.  LOL.  This must be for the Nashville churches!

• Members

At least he's pointing out prOBlems in people who are OBviously prOBlems rather than nitpicking preachers.  haha.   Although I guess because I live up North, I know NOBODY who looks up to Dolly Parton.  LOL.  This must be for the Nashville churches!

Other than secular christians who love country music, I don't know any actual Christians who support Dolly or give any time to her views.

Some Christians used to like Dollywood but that was just for the better environment than other amusement parks.

There are many in entertainment who claim to be Christian but they are secular christians only, and their lives and words attest to that.

• Administrators

HC, I think he means by "bifocals" are Christians who try to view life through the "worlds eyes" and also through "Gods eyes" instead of getting rid of the bifocals and viewing everything only as God sees it.  

Ok, that makes sense, then...but I've met people who believe that it's sin to wear any kind of glasses, so....

Archived