• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Famine Coming Soon

• Members

1948, It is a call for repentance before JacOB's trouble.

Why in Scripture do we see the Jews always had to repent BEFORE being restored to the land of Canaan but in the case of the 1948 restoration you say their restoration in the land of Canaan is a call for repentance?

Where is this call to repentance, or if it's occurred how or what was it, did this take place in 1948, has it been ongoing for over 65 years now?

• Members

This is getting a bit off subject, but where are you getting what you say?

Matthew 24:6 - 6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

How is this talking about coming war on Jerusalem?

Are you studying someone's study guide or something? It appears you seem to 'add' to what verses are talking about.

Am I missing something in what you are trying to say? I am a bit dense sometimes.

Some people believe the things described in verses 7-8 were fulfilled in 70 AD at the fall of Jerusalem. Jesus said war was coming but it would not be the end. The signs listed in verses 7-8 are for the end of the world or age.

Snatching verses from a long & detailed chapter is not sound exposition. >For a full exposition of Mat. 24 see here.

• Members

Why in Scripture do we see the Jews always had to repent BEFORE being restored to the land of Canaan but in the case of the 1948 restoration you say their restoration in the land of Canaan is a call for repentance?

Where is this call to repentance, or if it's occurred how or what was it, did this take place in 1948, has it been ongoing for over 65 years now?

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 is the call to Israel after they are gathered in the future.

• Members

Snatching verses from a long & detailed chapter is not sound exposition. >For a full exposition of Mat. 24 see here.

Covenanter asked,

"Matthew 24:66And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

How is this talking about coming war on Jerusalem?"

It is OBvious that Jesus knew Jerusalem was soon going to be destroyed and was telling them that that war would not be the end. He then went on to tell them what the signs would be for the end in Matthew 24:7-8

• Members

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 is the call to Israel after they are gathered in the future.

Uh, no.

This book is about the Lord punishing Jerusalem and allowing them to get overtaken by the Babylonians, and then restored before Christ came.

Remember, they did get carried away, and some did return to the land of Israel.

Babylonian captivity.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Members

Uh, no.

This book is about the Lord punishing Jerusalem and allowing them to get overtaken by the Babylonians, and then restored before Christ came.

Remember, they did get carried away, and some did return to the land of Israel.

Babylonian captivity.

Israel did not gather and repent before Babylon took them.

The great crashing from the hills (verse 10) will be nuclear bombs that will burn the people with fire instantly (verses 14-18).

Notice all the animals and birds are also killed, see verses 2-3

• Members

Israel did not gather and repent before Babylon took them.*

The great crashing from the hills (verse 10) will be nuclear bombs that will burn the people with fire instantly (verses 14-18).

*See? Here is an example of you saying something that makes no sense in responding to what I said.

What did this statement have to do with what I said above?

And how do you get 'nuclear bombs' from these verses? The fire of his jealousy?

• Members

Israel did not gather and repent before Babylon took them.*

*Yes, I know. It is OBvious from the rest of the old Testament and history.

• Members

*See? Here is an example of you saying something that makes no sense in responding to what I said.

What did this statement have to do with what I said above?

And how do you get 'nuclear bombs' from these verses? The fire of his jealousy?

Sorry I am not clear!

The day of the Lord in Zephaniah 1:14-18 will happen after Israel "the nation not desired " is gathered and warned 4 times to repent (((before))) the judgment of nuclear fire blows them away like wheat chaff in Zephaniah 2:1-3

• Members

If it quacks like a duck.

If you know this saying you understand what I mean, I am not trying to be smart.

Were Sodom and Gomorrah nuked? Many today say only a nuclear bomb could cause such destruction. This has lead to all sorts of wild theories of man having nuclear weapons back then to aliens from outer space having destroyed the cities using nuclear weapons.

While God does use men and nations as His instruments at times we also see in Scripture when God determines to pour forth His wrath or make it clear He's the one sending a message, God Himself uses His divine power to bring about His desired end.

There are those who, for various reasons, seek to explain away the miraculous moves of God, both in that which is recorded in biblical history, as well as with what's yet to come. Some people see Apache attack helicopters, Abrams tanks and nuclear warfare in the end times accounts when the literal reading (which most claim to hold to) is most plainly read otherwise.

The History Channel and its affiliates often promotes such things as do many ministries which have an over-focus upon the political, such as John Hagee who has another film coming out using sensationalism to promote his four blood moons theories.