• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Famine Coming Soon

• Members

Famine Coming Soon

Israel has gathered Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

Nations (ethnic groups) have risen against nations Matthew 24:7

Kingdoms are fighting Kingdoms Matthew 24:7

Great earthquakes are happening more often 24:7

Pestilences have started 24:7

Fearful sights and great signs have started in the heavens Luke 21:10-11

Can famine be far behind Matthew 24:7

All these are signs for the day of the Lord!

• Members

Zephaniah was prophesying the Babylonian/Chaldean invasion & captivity:

1 The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah. 
2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.

Matthew 24 has a it's own thread - & clearly refers to the AD 70 destruction, with most of the general signs you quote being NOT significant signs!

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

There have been plenty of famines throughout history, & in various places famines are occurring today.

A striking prophecy is found in Ezekiel 14, with the AD 70 fulfilment which must shortly come to pass prophesied in Rev. 6. 

20 Though Noah, Daniel, and JOB, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. 21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast? 
22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth,both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD. 
Rev. 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
It is time for YOU to read the Scriptures in context with an awareness of Scriptural fulfilment.

• Members

Zephaniah was prophesying the Babylonian/Chaldean invasion & captivity:

1 The word of the LORD which came unto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hizkiah, in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah. 
2 I will utterly consume all things from off the land, saith the LORD.

Matthew 24 has a it's own thread - & clearly refers to the AD 70 destruction, with most of the general signs you quote being NOT significant signs!

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

There have been plenty of famines throughout history, & in various places famines are occurring today.

A striking prophecy is found in Ezekiel 14, with the AD 70 fulfilment which must shortly come to pass prophesied in Rev. 6. 

20 Though Noah, Daniel, and JOB, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness. 21 For thus saith the Lord GOD; How much more when I send my four sore judgments upon Jerusalem, the sword, and the famine, and the noisome beast, and the pestilence, to cut off from it man and beast? 
22 Yet, behold, therein shall be left a remnant that shall be brought forth,both sons and daughters: behold, they shall come forth unto you, and ye shall see their way and their doings: and ye shall be comforted concerning the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, even concerning all that I have brought upon it. 23 And they shall comfort you, when ye see their ways and their doings: and ye shall know that I have not done without cause all that I have done in it, saith the Lord GOD. 
Rev. 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
It is time for YOU to read the Scriptures in context with an awareness of Scriptural fulfilment.

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zechariah 14:12

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

The day of the Lord's judgment spoken of in Zephaniah 1:14-2:3 has not happened yet. It will happen when Israel is judged with fire and 2/3 die.

Jesus said the coming war which happen in 70AD was not the end so the signs were for a future time.

Matthew 24:6

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members

Famine Coming Soon

Israel has gathered Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

Nations (ethnic groups) have risen against nations Matthew 24:7

Kingdoms are fighting Kingdoms Matthew 24:7

Great earthquakes are happening more often 24:7

Pestilences have started 24:7

Fearful sights and great signs have started in the heavens Luke 21:10-11

Can famine be far behind Matthew 24:7

All these are signs for the day of the Lord!

Scripture says all these things will be common throughout the ages and doesn't mean the end is at hand.

There have been localized, regional and worldwide occurrences of these things from back then to today.

Currently there is more than enough food produced to feed everyone on the planet. Distribution and economics are the biggest hurdles to getting the food to certain areas.

• Members

Many people thought the rapture was near during the world wars.....also during the Great Depression....and of course all the way during Nero's time it certainly must have felt like the end of the world.

Of course Jesus very well may come tomorrow......but sometimes we in America think things are bad when things have been bad worldwide for centuries.

My two biggest hints are how close we are to human microchip technology (mark of the beast) and the developments in Israel.

• Members

Zephaniah 1:14-2:3

14 The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness,

16 A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.

17 And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: 

• Members

Many people thought the rapture was near during the world wars.....also during the Great Depression....and of course all the way during Nero's time it certainly must have felt like the end of the world.

Of course Jesus very well may come tomorrow......but sometimes we in America think things are bad when things have been bad worldwide for centuries.

My two biggest hints are how close we are to human microchip technology (mark of the beast) and the developments in Israel.

Where does the scripture mention microchips.  The sign was in the right hand and the forehead.

Re 13:16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

The mark is the sign of the cross given to RCs by the priest on their forehead with his right hand and used by RCs with their right hand when the "cross" themselves.  Without this mark none could buy or sell under the papal antichrist.

• Members

NOBody knows what the mark is.   Everyone only has their own guesses.

I agree with that. We can speculate, whether it be Catholic finger waving, microchips, tattoos, bar codes, or something else entirely, but the fact is we don't know for certain because the Bible doesn't provide those details.

• Members

Scripture says all these things will be common throughout the ages and doesn't mean the end is at hand.

There have been localized, regional and worldwide occurrences of these things from back then to today.

Currently there is more than enough food produced to feed everyone on the planet. Distribution and economics are the biggest hurdles to getting the food to certain areas.

Matthew 24:6-8

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.     (as birth pains)

Yes most of the signs have been happening through the ages, but Jesus said that before he comes they would become harder and harder and more frequent as birth pains.

• Members

Matthew 24:6-8

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.     (as birth pains)

Yes most of the signs have been happening through the ages, but Jesus said that before he comes they would become harder and harder and more frequent as birth pains.

Then we must not be near His coming because these things are not becoming harder or more frequent.

• Members

One prophesied famine according to Mat. 24:7 was prophesied & reported in Acts 11:27-30 

You will find some earthquakes reported also.

Nice little tidbit of grey evidence.

Unfortunately for all who have been duped into preterism, its premise and central point of belief is that we are currently living in the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth for the last 2000 years.

It is outrageously ignorant for anyone to buy into it. How pathetic would a christian be to actually believe that this cursed socioeconomic world system with its unprecedented sin is Christ's earthy Kingdom.

I know John81 wants to believe so badly but get a grip guy, covenanter and his buddies are false.

I know it is a lazy relief for preterists to know that all work is done, no worry of sinning, or soulwinning. We are here already...come on folks

• Members

Check your statistic John.

What I can not understand is that you are coming down on Eric like this but defending those here who are false teachers, and not even questioning their false statements which are currently running rampant.

I'm not coming down on Eric at all so I don't understand why you would think that.

Recently various statistics were released indicating natural disasters are at lows.

Since the time of Rome there has been near perpetual war in Europe until the late 20th century. America was born in war and has been at war nearly all her existence. Wars have raged across Asia, Africa, South America. Islam was born in war and has been warring ever since. The Hundred Years War, Thirty Years War, Great War, WWII, even the American "civil war" were of horrific magnitude not seen today.

Just because we have 24/7 news today so we all hear of things around the world more frequently and sooner than before doesn't mean things are worse now than before.