• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Famine Coming Soon

• Members

I'm not a fussy eater but put it this way: if I was running a restaurant I wouldn't advertise a pound of wheat from an animal feed depot fried in butter as a 'time of plenty breakfast'.

I  hope others don't want my grain. I live in a small town with a very large grain storage business.

• Members

Although I will not store food for a possible EMP event, I can see the reasoning behind it. If the grid goes down prior to the Great Tribulation which is a possibility then all will be affected whether lost or saved and if you are unprepared then you will have to fight to feed your family.

The Lord will provide through your action and not by a miracle folks. 

If one has true faith, it is Spiritual and deals with eternity and you won't worry or care about stock piling food or shooting your neighbors. But not to worry, the end is not yet.

There is an extreme site I stumbled on a few years ago that was huge and spoke of almost nothing but this EMP subject. It was a professing Christian site but i don't recall the name. Anyway, the guy who owned the site was adamant about stockpiling food, guns, ammo with the premediated intention of shooting anyone coming near his perimeter and I recall a large following of professing Christians on there.

I don't know about you but I don't want to go home to the Lord with murders as my last acts on earth. I would prefer selfless giving of the Gospel and my food, uh thank you very much.

The NT does teach to provide for your own but not in any way, shape or form are we to sin in order to do it. That is in direct contradiction to everything the Lord taught. As a matter of fact, we are to abandon our families for the Gospel if they will not follow the Lord also. Now if they follow, yes provide but if they don't, we are to love the Lord far more then spouses, kids, parents, etc.

Have you heard about the 4 blood moons on Jewish feast days? The last 2 times this happened there was war in Israel. If we support Israel the terrorist in America are likely to attack the power grid.

• Members

Have you heard about the 4 blood moons on Jewish feast days? The last 2 times this happened there was war in Israel. If we support Israel the terrorist in America are likely to attack the power grid.

A lot of worrying without facts here. Any sources for this type of statement or is this a 'conspiracy' theory.

'Conspiracy' theories, [and I mean the one's based on facts that no human will reveal out of fear of some great force], are mostly

hyped up 'desires' for the END to be sped up, and the rapture to 'have to' happen.

I spent years, including the hype of Y2K, listening to the false reports of the 'elite of the christians', trying to get christianity excited

about the END days. It makes me sick just thinking about all the false, downright lying tongues of a bunch of so-called preachers,

most of which weren't even real Baptists.

Yuck.

• Members

A lot of worrying without facts here. Any sources for this type of statement or is this a 'conspiracy' theory.

'Conspiracy' theories, [and I mean the one's based on facts that no human will reveal out of fear of some great force], are mostly

hyped up 'desires' for the END to be sped up, and the rapture to 'have to' happen.

I spent years, including the hype of Y2K, listening to the false reports of the 'elite of the christians', trying to get christianity excited

about the END days. It makes me sick just thinking about all the false, downright lying tongues of a bunch of so-called preachers,

most of which weren't even real Baptists.

Yuck.

They already attacked a power station in Ca. with a rifle and blacked it out. That was practice.

• Members

Perhaps some may benefit from reading the book by John R. Rice, "Prayer: Asking and Receiving"; the full 283 page book, not their abridged version.

After all Paul went through, and knowing more was to come, he yet confidently stated: "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

• Administrators

We've been down to next to nothing with groceries more than once. And God always provided. Interestingly enough, He didn't send ravens (although He most certainly could do that). Nor did He rain manna from Heaven (although He could do that as well). No. He used PEOPLE. People who had enough money or enough groceries in their cupboard. He placed a burden on their hearts to help - not even knowing that we needed it.  

All of the verses about God's provisions are absolute truth.  But He uses people most of the time.  For all any of you know, He may be laying on the hearts of some people to stock up so that you and your family will be provided for in the case of a national disaster or emergency.  No, the Bible doesn't necessarily say that will happen, but anyone who can't see something is coming has their head in the ground.

Be prayed up, for certain sure. And know that, when you are without, God's provision will come. Via human hands most of the time. When that happens, you'll be thankful for those who've stocked up.  :biggrin:

• Members
Luke 12:29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. 30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. 31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

There is even a TV show where people hoard food for coming disasters. 
On the other hand it doesn't mean I can lay down and do nothing.

Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? 10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: 11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.

It seems like this thread is an extreme on one side or the other. 

• Members

We've been down to next to nothing with groceries more than once. And God always provided. Interestingly enough, He didn't send ravens (although He most certainly could do that). Nor did He rain manna from Heaven (although He could do that as well). No. He used PEOPLE. People who had enough money or enough groceries in their cupboard. He placed a burden on their hearts to help - not even knowing that we needed it.  

All of the verses about God's provisions are absolute truth.  But He uses people most of the time.  For all any of you know, He may be laying on the hearts of some people to stock up so that you and your family will be provided for in the case of a national disaster or emergency.  No, the Bible doesn't necessarily say that will happen, but anyone who can't see something is coming has their head in the ground.

Be prayed up, for certain sure. And know that, when you are without, God's provision will come. Via human hands most of the time. When that happens, you'll be thankful for those who've stocked up.  :biggrin:

I don't have my head in the ground.

Yet I find it interesting that you say the above - "No, the Bible doesn't necessarily say that will happen...".

This thread is about "Famine Coming Soon", with Eric proclaiming a 'biblical' teaching.

And it doesn't exist. In the Bible, that is.

So I see a bit of 'confusion' here about what the thread is producing.

A statement that a famine is coming, and him stating that the Bible says the famines will get worse.

But it isn't in the Bible.

That is where we should be 'getting our heads out of the ground' about.

False statements about supposed 'facts' about the END.

This thread is at a loss in my thinking. No source about what is being said, equals 'anything can happen at anytime', thus

producing a waste of time worrying about nothing.

• Members

If some one would like to have food insurance but does not have much money, bulk wheat sells for about $10.00 per 50lb bag in my area at animal feed mills. One pound of grain is about 1500 calories and will keep a person alive for a day. Boiled wheat tastes like boiled pasta. I like to fry it in butter and add maple syrup sweetener. I have stored my wheat in 55 gallon drums inside two 55 gallon garbage bags. Add two or three pounds of dry ice to kill any bugs. Let the dry ice melt then tie the bags. put the top on the drum to keep out mice and kids. I bought the drums for $15.00. 1 drum will hold 250 pounds of wheat. My wheat should last for 100 years if the drums are stored in the dry.

I know I appear foolish to you who don't understand what is coming.

If a watchman sees the sword coming on the land and does not warn the people, the blood of the people will be on him, but if he warns the people and they don't listen to the warning the blood will be on the people's head.

If you had a source for your fear, that would help me understand.

But you have none, from the scriptures. A famine is coming?

They are all over, in different places, at different times. Nothing new.

Just a little statement here:

1 Timothy 4 says -

Sounds like there will be food.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

• Administrators

Sigh...the Bible doesn't come out and say America is gonna have a famine. But it does teach consequence of action. Reaping what is sown. All we have to do is look around at countries which have turned God away and we can see what happens.

In Deuteronomy, God warns Israel that He'll withhold rain if they disOBey Him. And what happens when there is no rain? No food grows. And when there is no food? Famine...Don't think for a minute God won't withhold rain from America. A country founded on Biblical principles that has corporately turned her back on God.

Add to that the playing around that our government does with the farmers and their crops.

I guess God didnt tell Paul about Ethiopia and other countries where people are starving because of famine.

Again, if you don't want to store extra food, don't. But don't try to sound more spiritual than those who do. Now, because GP took my head in the sand comment to be directed at him, please know I didn't direct my last statement (or even the head in the sand one) at anyone specific.

• Members

I don't have my head in the ground.

Yet I find it interesting that you say the above - "No, the Bible doesn't necessarily say that will happen...".

This thread is about "Famine Coming Soon", with Eric proclaiming a 'biblical' teaching.

And it doesn't exist. In the Bible, that is.

So I see a bit of 'confusion' here about what the thread is producing.

A statement that a famine is coming, and him stating that the Bible says the famines will get worse.

But it isn't in the Bible.

That is where we should be 'getting our heads out of the ground' about.

False statements about supposed 'facts' about the END.

This thread is at a loss in my thinking. No source about what is being said, equals 'anything can happen at anytime', thus

producing a waste of time worrying about nothing.

Matthew 24:7-8

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:10

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

The sorrows are like birth pains, as we near the day of the Lord the signs will become harder and harder and more frequent.

Yes we have had famines and the other signs through the ages, but near the end the signs will become harder and harder and more frequent.

• Members

Matthew 24:7-8

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Luke 21:10

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

The sorrows are like birth pains, as we near the day of the Lord the signs will become harder and harder and more frequent.

Yes we have had famines and the other signs through the ages, but near the end the signs will become harder and harder and more frequent.

None of this is occurring in a more frequent or harder manner today than in the past so wouldn't that be a sign the end is yet some ways off?

It also says these things shall be in divers places which means not everyone will be effected by each or perhaps by any of them.

Other than Christ's return being closer now than when we were saved, there is nothing to indicate from those verses that His coming is going to be in our lifetime.

Even so, when I found diet root beer on sale I stocked up on some so now my water supply will last longer if a famine hits us this winter.