• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Famine Coming Soon

• Members

I believe the bible when it says famines will come before the day of the Lord. Zephaniah 1:14,2:1-3 teaches that the day of the Lord is very near when Israel the nation not desired has gathered.

So I just bought 1000lbs of wheat and 1000lbs of corn and 1000lbs of soy beans for $702.00 at a local feed mill. 1 lb of grain is about 1500 calories. They are stored in two 55 gallon garbage bags inside 55 Gallon drums with two lbs of dry ice. they should keep till I die or I am called up to meet Jesus.

You can learn how to cook them on you tube.

• Members

Famines have come and gone for the last 2,000 years, and prior to that. Does the Bible speak to a specific famine or how we can know one famine from another in relation to the coming of Christ?

Our Lord has promised to care for us and told us not worry about our necessities but to trust Him for them. We are called to pray for our DAILY bread.

I've no prOBlem at all with those who choose to stockpile food and such but that's not something I'm concerned about.

Israel has never been a desired nation before or after the time of Christ. The current nation of Israel has been in existence since 1948, nearly 67 years, and has not been a desired nation. As with the famine, is there anything specific to go on with regards to the coming of Christ in Scripture regarding this?

Thus far, these seem to be general things with no specific application as to when Christ will be returning.

• Members

Famines have come and gone for the last 2,000 years, and prior to that. Does the Bible speak to a specific famine or how we can know one famine from another in relation to the coming of Christ?

Our Lord has promised to care for us and told us not worry about our necessities but to trust Him for them. We are called to pray for our DAILY bread.

I've no prOBlem at all with those who choose to stockpile food and such but that's not something I'm concerned about.

Israel has never been a desired nation before or after the time of Christ. The current nation of Israel has been in existence since 1948, nearly 67 years, and has not been a desired nation. As with the famine, is there anything specific to go on with regards to the coming of Christ in Scripture regarding this?

Thus far, these seem to be general things with no specific application as to when Christ will be returning.

John and all,

What scares me about all you Christian brothers and sisters who say I am trusting in God to feed me when the famine comes, is that you will be at my door with a gun when your grand children are starving. Am I to let my grand children starve so yours can live or do I get my gun out too?

God has warned you that you will face tribulation in this world, don't you believe him.

• Members

John and all,

What scares me about all you Christian brothers and sisters who say I am trusting in God to feed me when the famine comes, is that you will be at my door with a gun when your grand children are starving. Am I to let my grand children starve so yours can live or do I get my gun out too?

God has warned you that you will face tribulation in this world, don't you believe him.

Brother you don't ever have to worry about me being at your door with a gun.

I absolutely believe God and trust Him which is why I believe He will, as He always has, meet my daily needs. God promises to provide for His own. He directs us to pray for our DAILY bread, not a months worth, half a years worth, a years stockpile, but simply our DAILY bread.

Again, I've no prOBlem if some folks want to store food.

Has God said you or I will face tribulation that will close the grocery stores or come in the form of famine? No, Scripture doesn't say that. If such occurs, I fully trust God to provide. God dropped food from heaven for the Hebrews; He had ravens bring food to the prophet; He caused the tiny food supply of the widow woman to not run out; on two occasions He feed thousands with a few fish and loaves of bread.

Whether I have a weeks worth of food in the house or a month or more, if famine or food depriving tribulation comes upon us, I will not sin against God by stealing or killing for the sake of taking another persons food.

As the three Hebrews said before being tossed into the furnace of fire, so I believe, God is able to deliver us (from fire or famine) and even if He were to choose not to, I will still trust in Him.

• Members

John and all,

I hope you are contributing at least as much to the Christian charities supporting our brothers & sisters who are NOW facing famine.

• Members

I hope you are contributing at least as much to the Christian charities supporting our brothers & sisters who are NOW facing famine.

That's something that's long been a concern of mine. Scripture says if we know others have need and we are able to help them then we should. Scripture doesn't speak well of those who have much but keep it, or most of it to themselves while others go without.

In my own life, I've found I need to be in much prayer about this otherwise it's too easy for me to become so focused upon what I think we need, or how much excess we need, rather than to see our actual needs and those of others the Lord gives us opportunity to assist.

• Members

This is another 'christian hype' kind of thing, as if it were a doctrine.

So if you believe we are gonna be zipped outta here in the 'rapture' what difference does this mean?

Once again another 'connection' to whether you are a dispensationalist or not.

Give this day our '7 year bread'?

Read Matthew 24:7-8

Jesus told them that there would be famines as birth pains before the end of the world or age. That means the famines will become more frequent and more severe as we near the end.

The famines will be even worse in the tribulation.

If your comment means that you are not getting raptured before the tribulation, then you will need even more food and water.

• Members

Jesus told them that there would be famines as birth pains before the end of the world or age. That means the famines will become more frequent and more severe as we near the end.

If your comment means that you are not getting raptured before the tribulation, then you will need even more food and water.

Then you should feel secure at the moment since there are fewer and less severe famines now than in most of previous history.

Scripture says I can trust God to provide my daily bread. Scripture, as well as Christian history, is full of examples of God proving Himself true to this. Whether today or tomorrow, whether in times of plenty or times of scarcity, the supply of our God doesn't diminish and His arm isn't shortened.

• Members

The fallacy of us getting worse famines than before? Let us read the verses here:

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Where o' where is the 'worse' part here?

What about Mark 13?

8 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.

Uh, oh, what about Luke 21?

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

A made up doctrine of 'learned' men who took on what other 'learned' men taught.

That's all.

And yes I do believe we will be 'raptured' after a tribulation time.

• Members

If we actually read Mat. 24, Mark 13 & Luke 21 from the beginning, we see that Jesus prophesies the destruction of the temple, & the disciples ask when? & what signs? And if we read Jesus' answer, we see a lot of what he says will happen - in the early part of his reply, are NOT indicators of when? nor what signs? 

You, Eric, in common with Christians down the ages, are deceiving yourselves in thinking that the not signs are signs. Jesus couldn't have said it clearer:

Mat. 24:4-8 Mark 13:5-8 Luke 21:8-9  beginning of sorrows, NOT signs - they started long before Christ &continue to this day, showing no sign of stopping.

• Members

I believe the bible when it says famines will come before the day of the Lord. Zephaniah 1:14,2:1-3 teaches that the day of the Lord is very near when Israel the nation not desired has gathered.

So I just bought 1000lbs of wheat and 1000lbs of corn and 1000lbs of soy beans for $702.00 at a local feed mill. 1 lb of grain is about 1500 calories. They are stored in two 55 gallon garbage bags inside 55 Gallon drums with two lbs of dry ice. they should keep till I die or I am called up to meet Jesus.

You can learn how to cook them on you tube.

Luke 12: 16......The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 17  And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 18  And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 19  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 20  But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 21  So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.