• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I Want To Leave Home.

CauliflowerClown

• Members

I am saved but still unequally yoked. Ever since we have had this home which is in my name I said no smoking in the house. He made the garage his man cave with TV stero and everything. Now he is bed ridden in the living room and he is smoking legal and illegal and I hate it and it stinks. Am I the one being disrespectful by not wanting a dying man to smoke in the house. Or is the he disrespecting me by smoking in house when he knows I've had asthma all my life? I feel I am being smoked out of my house but have no place to go.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are you married? if married, remember "for better or worse". Christians are called to live as an example of Christ to their spouses regardless of their lifestyle. We can't expect a lost person to behave as if they are saved. Self-centeredness is a part of the lost human condition.

Like it or not, if we (Christian) are married to a lost spouse we are called to love them, care for them, show them God's mercy, compassion, patience, love, kindness, etc.

On our own, this would be near impossible, but through Christ we can do all things.

• Members

1Pe 3:1  Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any OBey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
1Pe 3:2  While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

A better way to look at it is as an opportunity to bring him to salvation.

It WILL be hard for you, but if he needs to be saved, and is now bedridden, your testimony may be his only hope of salvation.

Allowing the Lord to work through you in this situation could be the thing that he needs to see the Lord in you, and see his own need of salvation.

• Members

Also the window have been covered with plastic and it not just cigarettes it pot too. I hate the smell. We open the door and furnance comes on.

The thing is I am asking Jesus for that real big asthma attack that will have me wake in his arms.  He always joked he did not have life insurance cause he wanted it to be a real tradgedy when he died. Many friends laughed at that I did not and I will be in debt for the rest of my life because of his handling of money.  just think wouldn't that be funny if his smoking caused me to has the altimate attack and I leave this world first before a man dying of cancer.

• Members

last time i talked to him about hope in Jesus and Heaven he told me he could not be that dellusional. My pastor has also talked to him and he says he want to believe but can't  cause it is not something he can make himself do.

As long as he's alive there is hope. Remember the thief on the cross which lived a life of sin, even mocked Christ on the cross for a time yet even he was brought to saving grace shortly before he died.

It's not our jOB to get someone saved, it's our duty to share Christ with them and to allow Christ to be seen in us, and allow the Holy Ghost to use that as He will in the lives of the unsaved.

• Members

If you are literally getting sick, is there a way you can talk to him (not angrily, just factually) about it?  Tell him you are not able to stand the smoke any longer, or you may have to temporarily leave?   Do you have somewhere you can go temporarily?   I don't know the situation, but if you stayed with a friend or relative for a few weeks, it might cause him to rethink his smoking habits, if he realizes how badly he needs you at the house....?  Maybe he would be willing to come up with a compromise, especially if he decides he misses having you around?

Hang in there....

• Members

He's in hospice at home. he chooses to be here in our livingroom. Just me and daughter get his food, change his diaper, run to store to get what he wants, only my daughter runs and get his smokes too. My daughter and son are living here. I work 3rd shift.  I went to bed one day and woke to smelling cigarettes I came out and in livingroom my son and daughter were smoking with dear ole dad. I am out numbered here. I would like to just leave and they csan all smoke but sadly house is in my name only.

• Members

He's in hospice at home. he chooses to be here in our livingroom. Just me and daughter get his food, change his diaper, run to store to get what he wants, only my daughter runs and get his smokes too. My daughter and son are living here. I work 3rd shift.  I went to bed one day and woke to smelling cigarettes I came out and in livingroom my son and daughter were smoking with dear ole dad. I am out numbered here. I would like to just leave and they csan all smoke but sadly house is in my name only.

You need to ask yourself if you are truly a follower of Christ who wants to walk with Him or do you want what you want.

If you are a follower of Christ then you need only look to Scripture to know what to do and how to do it. Several posts in this thread have pointed that out already.

If you want to ignore the commands of Christ and do what seems right in your own eyes then it will be easy to find an excuse to do so. Before deciding to turn your back on Jesus you may want to consider the consequences of such an action, not only upon yourself but upon those who see this.

As another posted above, we are called to live for Christ in all circumstances, not only when things are going our way, but also when everything seems to be going wrong. It's our example of living as Christ commands, even in troubling times, that gives witness to others of the reality, the life changing power, the truth of Christ.

The decision is yours, which it seems you've made up your mind and are now looking for someone to tell you to go ahead and abandon ship. That's not a course I can recommend and it's not the course Christ commands. I pray you will spend time in the Word, in prayer, and surrender your heart to being OBedient to Christ.

• Members

this is one if the many trials you will go though to strengthen or salvation. i to have i wife that smoke is not saved we have to love them like jesus love us. luke 6:27-36 but i say unto you which hear, love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 bless them that cruse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you 29 and unto him that smiteth thee on the on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy clock forbid not to take thy coat also 30 give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask him not again 31 and as ye would that men should do to ye also to them likewise 32 for if ye love them which love you, what thanks have ye? for sinner also love those that love them 33and if ye be good to them which do good to you, what thanks have ye? for sinner also do even the same 34 and if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what sinner, to receive as much again 35 but love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the highest : for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 be ye therefore merciful, as the father also was merciful. so try to hing in there. 

• Members

I not sure smoking pot is, I know Bill is not legal. Our state I think now approves of medical pot but this is not medical it is street pot   It is not just him my son and daughter smoke too.  I allowed them to do it in the garage but now that is impossible for Bill. I told him that when they want to smoke and if it has to be them smoking with him then they can go outside and he can look out window at them smoking with him. He told me if they are smoking a joint that won't work.  I woke yesterday and took care of plastic container with a little bit of water in it and 2 different cigarette butts in it. Bill has small ash tray by his bed. His bed sheets and blankets are all new and he has one burn hole the size of a 50 cent piece and another about the size of a cigarrette end. He said he had an accident. We have no smoking signs on our front door and back door we have to have them there cause we have oxygen tanks in our house. I guess they don't have to be OBeyed though. i don't like it at all it stinks and yes if God wants my house to be a drug house then so be it. I'll stink for Jesus. Anyways I prayed and asked him why he helped me give up smoking years ago and now saying I have to breathe it and live with it. Thankfully Bill has not lit up since I got up so that is a praise. I go to work soon so he is prOBably waiting for me to leave so that is good. 

Archived