• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Today I Burned A N.w.t

Donald

• Members

The other day I found a New World Translation of the “bible”(not really a Bible), and today I burned it in my BBQ grill. I regularly burn material that I find, produced by the JW’s or the Mormons etc. (Although I have not as yet, had the pleasure of burning a Koran.)

The reason for this post, is remind everyone that it is Biblically commanded to do so....
Titus 1:10-11
V.10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:
V.11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre’s sake.

If I could, I would physically “shut the mouths” of every false prophet; But even though this is not possible, I(we) can destroy there lying literature.

• Moderators

I don't always burn them, because I like to use them to reference how poor they are, as well as for discussion's sake.

Like in the thrift store the other day, I found a Mormon missionary handbook, and bought it, because, seriously, these are some closely-guarded secrets. If I can read it and understand their mindset, perhaps it will help me in making better inroads to mormon missionaries I come across.

I also got a copy of the new revised New World translation, to keep up on their latest heresies. And I keep the NIV to show people where verses and sections have been removed, for those who insist there is no substantive difference between it and the KJV.

• Moderators

I was out geocaching once and found a book cache. Essentially, it was a 'take one, leave one' set up with books. Very cool.  There was a Book of Mormon, so I happily traded that for a Chick tract. :frog: Took the BOM to church to see if any of the men wanted it for their 'poison shelf' (as our pastor calls it). Figured it was a good trade all round. :wink

• Members

And I keep the NIV to show people where verses and sections have been removed, for those who insist there is no substantive difference between it and the KJV.

I have a parallel KJB/NIV which works great for easily showing the substantive differences between the KJB and NIV. I've actually got a lot of good use out of that over the years.

Archived