• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Hating The Rapture

RSS Robot

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The "elect" in Matthew 24 is speaking of Israel,... not the Church.

Isaiah 45:4 (KJV)
For JacOB my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

The Church is not even around in Matthew 24.

Uh...the 'church' were sitting around the Lord listening to his answer to their questions.

• Members

Ah, typology, I like that subject. Let's look at typology in the light of the tribulation

Noah and the flood:  God's wrath fell on the earth and its inhabitants with the great flood to destroy all life off the earth. But Noah found grace in God's eyes, and He spared him and his family, along with some animals. But He didn't remove Noah completely from the tribulation of that time, instead, he lifted him to ride it out safely atop the judgment.

Lot was the one righteous man in Sodom, and we may presume Gomorrah and the other three cities of the plains destroyed by God. But the Lord, in preserving Lot, didn't remove him from all tribulation, but allowed him to escape the wrath of God, and remove to another place. yet he still had to endure loss and still had trouble associated with it.

Of course, we see Enoch, who walked with God, and was not, for the Lord took him. This removeal in itself, as a type of the catching away, doesn't seem to be at all related to missing tribulation or trouble, just a removal, so is it typology for the catching up? Same with Elijah being taken up, no trouble related to it, just a removal.  

Understand, I am not assuming that you use these particular events as typology for the tribulation and catching up, but these are some that are typically used, and the more I consider them, the less they seem to promise a catching away from the time of tribulation, and more a promise to preserve us and protect us, to cause us to ride above the storms of God's judgments against the wicked, while still present to witness them.

But this is how I understand them.  It was mentioned above the idea that God would teach His people differently-of course, like the one who mentioned it, I don't believe He does, I think we too often look at scripture according to our thoughts and yes, whether we want to admit it or not, we have all been influenced in some manner from a teacher or preacher; not that we're parrots or sheep, (though we are sheep, but not in that way), but surely its impossible NOT to be influenced by men we respect for their wisdom and understanding. Not sure what we can do about that-unless we altogether reject any human teachers and preachers, but to do so would be against the word of God, and those types ALWAYS fall into weird error.  

Fortunately, I don't see the subject of rapture, (yes, I said it) timing as fundamental, as important to one's faith or salvation, nor even something that, depending on what we believe, would reject the direct teachings of Christ, except for those who believe there will be no catching up. I believe we all agree that it will happen, and it will happen when the Lord deems it is time to happen, and I suspect there is not one of us here that would not be willing to repent and seek forgiveness if they are found wrong on the day of judgment.

I just have to say this... AMEN!

• Members

Actually, America is indeed found in the Bible. When we see the phrase "all nations" in Revelation, that would include America.

Revelation 7:9 (KJV)
After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white rOBes, and palms in their hands;

Revelation 12:5 (KJV)
And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and [to] his throne.

Revelation 14:8 (KJV)
And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Revelation 15:4 (KJV)
Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for [thou] only [art] holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Revelation 18:3 (KJV)
For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

Revelation 18:23 (KJV)
And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

Agreed, that America is included in all nations, but not referred to specifically.

• Members

Xthey were there. But in a protected place. Our protection is in Christ. When God's wrath is poured out, we won't be here... We will be at home with our protecter.

But what makes us, or in your 'parlance' Israel, any different than Daniel or JOB or anyone else who were followers of the Lord?

Why does it have to be that we are 'raptured out of the world'?

• Moderators

But what makes us, or in your 'parlance' Israel, any different than Daniel or JOB or anyone else who were followers of the Lord?

Why does it have to be that we are 'raptured out of the world'?

Indeed, why can't the Lord protect His own here on earth, as He has in the past? He can protect and feed His people as He chooses, or even allow us to suffer in the face of the enemy, as He has also done. Nowhere are we promised we won't suffer at the hand of the Antichrist-in fact, the Bible says He will make war with the saints and overcome them. The saints have historically sufferred at the hands of our adversary, why would we think this would be different? It was Philadelphia that was promised to escape the comeing troubles-we are in Laodicea today, though we may not be specifically Laodicean churches, it is the time of Laodicea.

• Members
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Tribulation
Act 14:22
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Jn 16:33
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Mat 13:21
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Rom 5:3
3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

2Co 1:3-4
3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

1Th 3:4
4 For verily, when we were with you, we told you before that we should suffer tribulation; even as it came to pass, and ye know.

Rev 7:9
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white rOBes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:14
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their rOBes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Resurrection:
Mat 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1Th 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them:and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection:on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Wrath
1Th 5:9
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to OBtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Rev 6:12-17
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev 14:9-11
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever:and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

• Members

I was a teenager in an IFB church who taught mid-trib, and the pastor today has converted a few other pastors to the same viewpoint.   Some of you would know at least one of them.

We have to be careful how we interpret end-times passages.  Some of them are written for the church age, but others are written for the saved people (mostly Jews) during the Tribulation.

• Moderators

I had a Pastor who taught pre-wrath. Sort of the same thing as mid-trib. 

I think.

This is what I teach. Not mid-trib, though I suspect there are various views, but I believe the idea that the entire tribulation period f God's wrath is incorrect, because clearly, there is a point, toward the end, that the wrath of God falls, after many other events have taken place.

I don't claim to know how long the 'tribulation' is and how long the 'wrath' will last-it is often called the last day, so its possible it actually could last a day, or that could be being used to signify a set period of time, so maybe a week, a month, a year. A lot will occur, but the Bible seems to almost rush through all seven vials very quickly, as though it maybe one right after another, truly the outpouring of God's full wrath upon all the earth.

• Members

This is what I teach. Not mid-trib, though I suspect there are various views, but I believe the idea that the entire tribulation period f God's wrath is incorrect, because clearly, there is a point, toward the end, that the wrath of God falls, after many other events have taken place.

I don't claim to know how long the 'tribulation' is and how long the 'wrath' will last-it is often called the last day, so its possible it actually could last a day, or that could be being used to signify a set period of time, so maybe a week, a month, a year. A lot will occur, but the Bible seems to almost rush through all seven vials very quickly, as though it maybe one right after another, truly the outpouring of God's full wrath upon all the earth.

My previous Pastor also thought that the seals all had to be opened at the same time to open the 'roll' of parchment. Which revealed what was inside the book that John saw.

I saw nothing wrong with his teaching. It's just not 'acceptable' to most IFB's.

Archived