• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way Of Life - Hating The Rapture

RSS Robot

• Members

Are you referring to the Second Coming or the catching away of the Church (slang is Rapture)? Your Scriptural references apply only to the former and not the latter. You remember the Scriptures dealing with the catching away of the Church, don't you? You know the whole thief in the night; the hour no man knoweth, two in the field, one taken; etc etc etc.

If you want to be here for the trib my friend, I recommend you collect and study every doomsday show on the discovery channel you can find. You will need it or just surrender your head without any attempt to evade and survive.

It would be a shame if you are the only born again person prior to the Lord coming in the air not spared from this great tribulation. Who will you talk to about being left behind? It will be lonely for you. (I am poking fun-please forgive)

Of course, if you are born again, you won't be here whether you have been deceived into mid or amil or not. Hey to each their own I suppose but it amazes me that folks can actually confuse the differences between the two events in Scripture.

But hey, apparently there are diverse group of religious folks on this site supposedly being lead by the Spirit in their study of the Scriptures and almost none of them agree on much of anything, even repentance unto salvation.

You mean this "two in the field"?

Mat 24:40
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Cuz, amazingly enough, it comesfrom the exact chapter I quoted, after the exact timing that Jesus gave to the Apostles of His Church.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A big prOBlem is that many are keen to have more Bible teaching than we can give, so the tune in to "Christian" radio & TV. 

The lack of some 'good' preachers, faithful to preach and teach the word to the one's who 'want' to listen,

is sometimes the result of blindness to what the word of God 'really' says, and not just what the seminaries

have taught them to teach. Laziness is an easy master, able to keep the 'lulled-to-sleep' pastor a snoozing on.

• Members

The lack of some 'good' preachers, faithful to preach and teach the word to the one's who 'want' to listen,

is sometimes the result of blindness to what the word of God 'really' says, and not just what the seminaries

have taught them to teach. Laziness is an easy master, able to keep the 'lulled-to-sleep' pastor a snoozing on.

In general, those preachers with enough money to go on TV are the unfaithful ones - look for the "give to the Lord's work" running totals on the screen.

• Members

There is also the prOBlem of those who fill in the blanks on their own where Scripture is silent or only gives highlights but not the entire story. Many there are who will run to those that claim to know, in detail, what Scripture doesn't lay out.

We are called to live by faith. Blessed are those who believe without seeing (or thinking they know everything).

As the song says, trust and OBey. We read throughout Scripture how God called someone to live for Him without giving details and how faithful men trusted and OBeyed. That's our calling too.

• Members

Geneva,

you confuse our use of the term "Tribulation" in the context of end times events with a general use of the word "tribulation."  We believe that Christians can go through all kinds of "tribulation" on this earth, but there is a distinct period of time which Jesus called "great tribulation" (Mt. 24:21) that occurs just prior to the 2nd coming of Christ.  Of course Christians can, will, and have suffered for Christ.  As it stands today, if the Lord does not return soon, we will be headed for some persecution right here in America before too long.

But that is not what we are talking about.  We are talking about a specific period of time called "The Tribulation" which contains a series of events that occur in rapid succession prior to the Lord's 2nd Coming to Earth, before which the Church will be caught up (i.e. the "rapture of the church.")

There is no reason to confuse the issue by continually misapplying terms.

• Members

Unfortunately there is much confusion regarding tribulation in general as well as with regards to there being a Great Tribulation and the whole concept of whether Christians will suffer persecution (tribulation) and just what that means or if they will be saved from suffering any tribulation.

When that economic downturn hit hard around '08 there were some Christians who couldn't believe they were hit hard by that. They complained the preachers had told them they wouldn't suffer any tribulation but would be protected from and spared such. Many of these pointed to teachings regarding the rapture with some even wondering why they were still here. Perhaps some of these did hear sermons saying such things but likely as not, many were simply confused by sermons they failed to understand.

Some of those folks dropped out of church over the matter. Some others moved to a mid or post tribulation view. Some of those have joined the growing number of "Christian preppers" who believe they will be here for at least half the Tribulation or perhaps most of it. Some of these even seem to think what they've seen in movies like Left Behind about there being a Christian underground fighting the anti-christ is real and they are preparing for such by learning military tactics, computer hacking, etc.

From my talks with folks over the years, as well as from what I've read, it seems there are many Christians very confused about many things, including things regarding persecution, tribulation, and the end times.

• Members

Geneva,

you confuse our use of the term "Tribulation" in the context of end times events with a general use of the word "tribulation."  We believe that Christians can go through all kinds of "tribulation" on this earth, but there is a distinct period of time which Jesus called "great tribulation" (Mt. 24:21) that occurs just prior to the 2nd coming of Christ.  Of course Christians can, will, and have suffered for Christ.  As it stands today, if the Lord does not return soon, we will be headed for some persecution right here in America before too long.

But that is not what we are talking about.  We are talking about a specific period of time called "The Tribulation" which contains a series of events that occur in rapid succession prior to the Lord's 2nd Coming to Earth, before which the Church will be caught up (i.e. the "rapture of the church.")

There is no reason to confuse the issue by continually misapplying terms.

I was not confusing the issue, as you say, but pointing out that 'some' people use this 'trick' on wording about the 'tribulation' and think they won't suffer at all.

• Members

NOBody in the Baptist world thinks that.  Our history is the history of suffering.  I am wondering why you would introduce such a thought on a Baptist board.

I am just speaking about my experiences in the Baptist Churches that I have been involved with over the years, and they were all Independent Baptists and proud of it.

So don't go saying I am introducing something on a Baptist Board as if it couldn't have happened. After all this is 'lazy christian America'.

Come on Steve, you have never had a member of your Church that was nonchalant about living intensely for the Lord?

If you haven't, you are really blessed.

• Members

I have said it before in these sames debates. there is little Scriptural evidence on a whole to support anything but a pre trib rapture. What don't you folks get about "no man knoweth" and thief in the night. 3.5 years into an OBvious reign of an antichrist is HARDLY no man knoweth.

This aint rocket surgery Mike, come on.

• Members

I do kinda 'hate the rapture', also. It just gives people a false hope that we will not suffer any persecution. 

Some in the Baptist realm need to read 2 Timothy 3:12 and think a bit....

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Well, sorry to say this but if a person were living for the Lord today they truly would understand persecution far more than any other human on earth.

• Members

I have said it before in these sames debates. there is little Scriptural evidence on a whole to support anything but a pre trib rapture. What don't you folks get about "no man knoweth" and thief in the night. 3.5 years into an OBvious reign of an antichrist is HARDLY no man knoweth.
This aint rocket surgery Mike, come on.

Oh, it seems you dont read the Scripture for yourself, or you would have seen this:

1Th 5:4-5
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day:we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Apparently, you are just parroting others, and can't even read IThes 5- 2Thes 2, or you would know that only the lost will be surprised by this 'thief in the night'.
Maybe many of the teachers, like Darby, weren't children of Light, who you parrot second hand.

There is not one single hint towards a "Pre-Trib" Resurrection, in the Scripture.

Try using the Biblical terms, first of all.

• Administrators

Cut out the pejoratives. Just because someone says something someone else doesn't like doesn't mean they don't read scripture themselves.

Rapture. As in pre-trib. Can't wait to be caught away...which is a definition of rapture and as such an appropriate term.

Archived