• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bankism,’ Not Capitalism

ThePilgrim

• Members

Considering the government, Federal Reserve and banks run the economy, and through that the country, it's clear that America doesn't operate under a truly capitalist system...which itself is just another flawed man-made system.

Christ alone is our solid rock, all else, including the economy and financial system is shifting sand.

• Members

The Federal Reserve controls the printing of money and the setting of interest rates they charge banks to receive the money they print. They are tied together to an extent through their enormous control over the economic system. The Federal Reserve system is totally unconstitutional yet when folks raise that point or bring up the idea of ending that illegal system they are called crackpots and come under much verbal assault if they persist. This is because the vast majority of politicians are beholden to the major banks which finance them and their political futures are in the hands of the Federal Reserve which can wreck the economy in order to get them out of office.

• Members

Also, the Federal Reserve is not federal, it is a private corporation.

That's a good point to make since many don't realize that. They specifically chose to add "Federal" to the name in order to give the false impression they are actually an agency of the federal government when they are not. They are totally a non-governmental, unconstitutional entity.

• Members

That's a good point to make since many don't realize that. They specifically chose to add "Federal" to the name in order to give the false impression they are actually an agency of the federal government when they are not. They are totally a non-governmental, unconstitutional entity.

I did read once that the Federal Reserve financed the US WW1 war effort, and the German branches of the same banks financed the German war effort, in the processes making vast prophets.

• Members

I did read once that the Federal Reserve financed the US WW1 war effort, and the German branches of the same banks financed the German war effort, in the processes making vast prophets.

You got that right.  The Bush family was in on the financing of the german war machine also . . . . a really great American family.

Just one of the hundreds of possible links to info on that: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

• Members

You got that right.  The Bush family was in on the financing of the german war machine also . . . . a really great American family.

Just one of the hundreds of possible links to info on that: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Interesting article.

I once went for a jOB as a labour officer for a construction company but I didn't get the jOB as I told the interviewing officer I read the Guardian and he said it was all pink tinted news..  I used to work for the Times, and the Guardian was printed on the Times presses. 

I read the Times and the Guardian as I got them free.

• Members

War typically means big profits for the high level bankers and super rich folks. They tend to play both, or all, sides of a conflict to reap the greatest return. I read an interesting article on a matter of this regarding the Battle of Waterloo and how rich investors in England managed to get the news of the battles outcome before anyone else in England which gave them the opportunity to invest on the winning side while divesting from the losers before anyone else knew what had happened and thus reaping windfall profits.

• Members

War typically means big profits for the high level bankers and super rich folks. They tend to play both, or all, sides of a conflict to reap the greatest return. I read an interesting article on a matter of this regarding the Battle of Waterloo and how rich investors in England managed to get the news of the battles outcome before anyone else in England which gave them the opportunity to invest on the winning side while divesting from the losers before anyone else knew what had happened and thus reaping windfall profits.

I haven't heard that but I wouldn't be surprised.  It seems there is one law for the rich and another for the rest.

Thre has been a lot in our news lately about rich corporations paying no or little tax in the UK.  These include Amazon, Google ans Starbucks, even though they make vast profits from their sales here.

Pop stars, owners of vast corporations,  and even racing drivers manage to avoid tax by living mostly abroad.  FI champion Lewis Hamilton wrapped himself in the union flag after his victory,  prompting an article in the Daily Mail last Tuesday, "Don't wrap yourself in the Union flag if you don't pay UK taxes.  The rich and powerful can hide their assets and escape taxes, but everyone else has to pay theirs.

• Members

I haven't heard that but I wouldn't be surprised.  It seems there is one law for the rich and another for the rest.

Thre has been a lot in our news lately about rich corporations paying no or little tax in the UK.  These include Amazon, Google ans Starbucks, even though they make vast profits from their sales here.

Pop stars, owners of vast corporations,  and even racing drivers manage to avoid tax by living mostly abroad.  FI champion Lewis Hamilton wrapped himself in the union flag after his victory,  prompting an article in the Daily Mail last Tuesday, "Don't wrap yourself in the Union flag if you don't pay UK taxes.  The rich and powerful can hide their assets and escape taxes, but everyone else has to pay theirs.

The rich and powerful buy themselves loopholes in tax laws with their financial influence over the politicians. This way they can rightly say they are OBeying the law when they don't pay any, or only few, taxes. The rest of the country has to pick up the slack because they don't get the same special tax breaks.

Often, even the companies that do appear to pay more taxes are actually doing so only for show. The politicians then allocate grants, contracts and special projects their way so they more than come out way ahead.

• Members

Do away with the bankers lending money to the governments and you pretty much do away with war.  Wars are just way too expensive to do on pocket change.

When the American stock market crashed in 1929 one of the first things they did was call in all debt owed them by Germany. They knew Germany didn't have two nickles to rub together and they knew their actions would cause a virtual total collapse of the German economy. The bankers wanted chaos in the hopes of stirring a war that would recoup their losses. They ended up with far more than they bargained for.

The wealthy newspaper man Randolph Hurst often boasted of the war he started by his constant agitation and twisting of reporting and politicians arms in bringing about the Spanish American War.

The American "civil war" was an economic war as were so many others.

Archived