• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God's Blessings

Donald

• Members

Recently, the Lord has been giving me more LIGHT about the subject of pastors and Churches.  One GENERAL truth He has been giving me, is that “every Church needs a good pastor” and I have been thanking Him for making me a good pastor.

But in a more specific way, He has been showing me truth, by way of “Sermon ideas”:
The other day, He showed me a new way to look at 2Timothy 4:2-4. Instead of this passage being directed at a pastor; It is more directed at a congregation. Because a pastor can not be “instant out of season”, if a Church doesn’t support him.

And just now, He pointed out to me, how big of a deal it really is, for a Church to OBey the qualifications in 1Tim.3:1-ff.  When a congregation, calls a person to be their pastor, and ignores these qualifications, this will effect God’s blessings upon them!

We should be careful not to join nor support a Church, that is not being blessed by God!
------------------------
With all that said; Another thing the Lord has been pointing out to me over the last several months & years, is that He blesses “EVERYONE”! But He blesses OBedience in a special way!
Therefore, it could follow, that He blesses EVERY CHURCH(as seen in Rev.2:& 3:); But He blesses the faithful ones, in a special way!

Note: The “special way” God blesses, individuals and Churches, might not be clearly seen. Because many times His blessings come in the form of  trials and troubles! (i.e. Ps.119:71 et.al)

Archived