• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Apple

allen32

• Members

why is that people think that they eat a apple from the tree if life. in revelation 22:2 which bare twelve manner fruit. you go back to genesis 2:9 the tree if life and the tree of knowledge of god and evil. but know were dose it say it was a apple. and here some more verse genesis 2:17, genesis 3:3, genesis 3:22  if am wrong please show me were thanks

• Administrators

I think it was just something someone suggested once upon a time, and people went with it.  I know someone who teaches that the fruit was a grape and that when they ate it, the juice mixed with their blood, they got drunk and voila! Kids resulted.  Stupid, I know, but this someone is a well-respected preacher (who OBviously doesn't realize grapes grow on vines not trees...).

I've always kind of wondered if the fruit could have been pomegranates - just based on the pomegranates that the high priests had sewed on the hems of their garments.  No other basis, and I'm not saying that's what it was...just my thoughts.

I also wonder if it's a fruit that we won't know until we get to Heaven.  

• Members

The Bible does not say what type of fruit Eve took from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.  So we can either speculate, or we can say, "God doesn't want us to know."

I've heard many views.  Even the argument that "It was an apple, and Adam choked on it.  That is why men have Adam's Apples and women don't."  LOL

Archived