• Welcome to Online Baptist

Free to join.

2Tim215

God The Father?

Amazing how we have been taught of God being like a "father". So what have I learnt in my 40 years on this earth? Not much. But in the last 2 years I have come to realise that I take better care of my 2 yr old daughter than God has ever taken care of His children! Or am I the only one honest enough to say this?

The fact is, God takes better care of us than you think. He supplies our every need. When temptations arise, He provides a way of escape. He never sleeps, nor slumbers. He is always with us.

Many times when we don't feel His presence, it is not because He has left us, but because we have taken our eyes and heart off of Him. Situations arise, and instead of looking to the Father as the Protector and Provider, many focus on the prOBlem and worry about how they can fix it.

JOB could have felt the same way...but he didn't. 

There have been times that I could have felt the same way, but I kept my faith in what God says in his word...and God brought me/us through and made me/us better and stronger because of it.

There have been times that I could have felt the same way, but I realized that my prOBlems were because of things I had done...choices I had made...and things I had not done.

There have been times that I could have felt the same way, but I realized that it's what God says...not what man says God says, and when I went with God's word over man's...I/we made it through and was made better and stronger because of it.

This is the simplest thing to learn...yet it can be the hardest...just believe God's word and act on it. It's easy to say we believe something, but the true test is do we put it into practice. That my friend is...faith.

I'm breathing....

So is everyone else, including those that don't believe LOL

I just find it amazing how we all give Him the glory in hindsight. It is our decisions and actions that get us into touble and then get us out of trouble (or keep us in trouble LOL) And yes it is being honest. I am not going to pretend I like Him when I can't stand Him any more. But then you lot wouldn't understand a crisis of faith if it came and slapped you in the face - you're all perfect little IFB's. Take a look arround you. Our "Father" gave this world to the devil and us with it. We are all "JOB's" in one form or another being punished for our faith while He sits back in silence and enjoys the show. Reality TV at it's best

Sorrt, Tim. But our Father did not give us to the devil. If there are times when you "can't stand Him" then maybe you need to examine yourself and see if you ever truly were saved at all.

God's children have His Holy Spirit in them to guide them daily. He testifies of the Father's love.

I just find it amazing how we all give Him the glory in hindsight. It is our decisions and actions that get us into touble and then get us out of trouble (or keep us in trouble LOL) And yes it is being honest. I am not going to pretend I like Him when I can't stand Him any more. But then you lot wouldn't understand a crisis of faith if it came and slapped you in the face - you're all perfect little IFB's. Take a look arround you. Our "Father" gave this world to the devil and us with it. We are all "JOB's" in one form or another being punished for our faith while He sits back in silence and enjoys the show. Reality TV at it's best

"You lot."  Hmmm....okay. Perfect? Nope. Little? Nope. IFB. Yep.  But it's very foolish to think God doesn't take care of us.  It is also foolish to not realize that life happens  - and that means bad things happen to good people.  When sin came into this world, prOBlems came into it.  It is quite a decided lack of faith to begin with not to realize God is in control and that He wins in the end.

I'm sorry for your crisis in faith, but don't come on here and belittle us because we have been able to get through our own crises...by trusting even when things are the darkest.  Regardless of what you are going through, others have faced the same thing - some to a lesser degree, some to a greater degree.  Trusting in God is the only way to get through any of those crises without losing our marbles, as it were.

God gives all of us breath - saved or lost. And I'm thankful for it. I know beyond any shadow of doubt that my breath stays in my body (well, except when I exhale  :ROFL: ) because God allows it. And no matter what arises, I know that all things will work together for good for me. God promises that. And I trust Him.

I give Him glory in hindsight because I know He is due the glory. I also trust Him for the future because I know He holds it in His hand.  I don't always understand, and sometimes I do doubt when I get myself in the way. But He is faithful, and that is all I need.

(and this is coming from someone who has "looked around" quite a bit over several decades...)

I am curious...why did you choose 2 Timothy 2:15 as your name?

You do need to back up a bit and try and remember your past 'walk' with the Lord.

I am not saying you are lost, because we ALL have gone, and some are going, through 'dry' times.

Dry times are when 'nothing seems to be going your way'.

This experience you are going through will end, and at the other end, when you are at peace again, what do you want to look back and see you living like?

Like a 'warrior for the Lord', like a 'servant' in OBedience to his Master, or like a humble child looking for his Father's will?

Or do you want to look back on this time and feel like a failure?

The Lord wants you to decide to press on 

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Don't lose out on a blessing for your faithfulness.

Edited by Genevanpreacher

Just a few questions for you to ponder.

If our actions get us in trouble and out of trouble then what are you blaming God for?

What exactly is troubling you?

Who is God?

If you will be true with yourself in answering these I think they might help.

Edited by paid4

Amazing how we have been taught of God being like a "father". So what have I learnt in my 40 years on this earth? Not much. But in the last 2 years I have come to realise that I take better care of my 2 yr old daughter than God has ever taken care of His children! Or am I the only one honest enough to say this?

Psalm 73 might help. David was feeling like you. I've felt that way too many times. 

Psa 73:12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
Psa 73:13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

Psa 73:17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

when your down or it seems the world is against you and God has forgotten you it does always seem if everyone around you has a perfect life. People at church will all seem so perfect, in their perfect lives, with their perfect families and we feel as though we walk among the living though feeling dead and no one seems to notice. 

If God seems far away, he's not that one that has moved. I've heard that before and it does have truth to it. Not to sound trite.

I suspect more of us understand trials of faith better than you might think; this is one of the reasons the Lord places us into churches-for fellowship with those who can help us, having been through what we have.

I have stood and defiantly shaken my fist at God, (so to speak) and told him, (literally and outloud) "I don't want this any more! If this is what my life is going to be, I don't want it and I don't want you!" Or something to that effect. And two weeks later, I fell to my knees and repented in tears, knowing that I could no more reject Him, than I could reject reality. Praise God, He knows our hearts and our pains and doesn't hold against us our times of weakness.

Jeremiah said, "Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." This is just what I went through-I didn't want Him anymore, but His word, His very presence, was like a flame within me that I could not deny. I 'felt' Him more in my pain-filled rebellion, than I often do when things are well, so to speak.

So yeah, I know trials of faith.  God didn't give the world to the devil: Adam did, and then Jesus took it back on Calvary. Satan may be the prince of the power of the air, and we may have to deal with him, but God is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Satan will have his day, but he will also have his day of judgment, and will be cast down forever to the lake of fire, and it will be his end.

But we who are the Lord's will shine forever in His presence. 

You must remember, my brother, that the Lord has never promised us peace and good times here on earth in this life. In fact, He has promised us tribulation and trouble. See the troubles those most faithful to Him while He was in the flesh, endured: all but John died a martyr's death, as have many since. But is this God NOT taking care of His own? Certainly not, because this world, this life, is but for a moment compared to what is yet to come, and you live with one foot here, and one in eternity-to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."  1Pet 4:12, 13  The fiery trial which IS to try you. Its promised. But glory over it, because Jesus so sufferred for us! For you! The blood of His saints is precious in the eyes of God, and we will receive reward.

Don't lose faith, brother. Let the Lord lead you through your crisis-He is there with you, no doubt. And He will bring you through. No doubt.

I can assure you @2Tim215 that pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. If His eye is on the sparrow then it is on you, and He sees you and wants you to focus on things above and not below. I will pray for you that He doesn't teach you as He has me and that you teach yourself. Read Psalm 39, Ezekiel 20:43...they might help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Peter 4:12-19

"Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that OBey not the gospel of God?  And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator."