• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

God The Father?

• Members

Amazing how we have been taught of God being like a "father". So what have I learnt in my 40 years on this earth? Not much. But in the last 2 years I have come to realise that I take better care of my 2 yr old daughter than God has ever taken care of His children! Or am I the only one honest enough to say this?

• Members

The fact is, God takes better care of us than you think. He supplies our every need. When temptations arise, He provides a way of escape. He never sleeps, nor slumbers. He is always with us.

Many times when we don't feel His presence, it is not because He has left us, but because we have taken our eyes and heart off of Him. Situations arise, and instead of looking to the Father as the Protector and Provider, many focus on the prOBlem and worry about how they can fix it.

• Members

JOB could have felt the same way...but he didn't. 

There have been times that I could have felt the same way, but I kept my faith in what God says in his word...and God brought me/us through and made me/us better and stronger because of it.

There have been times that I could have felt the same way, but I realized that my prOBlems were because of things I had done...choices I had made...and things I had not done.

There have been times that I could have felt the same way, but I realized that it's what God says...not what man says God says, and when I went with God's word over man's...I/we made it through and was made better and stronger because of it.

This is the simplest thing to learn...yet it can be the hardest...just believe God's word and act on it. It's easy to say we believe something, but the true test is do we put it into practice. That my friend is...faith.

• Members

I'm breathing....

So is everyone else, including those that don't believe LOL

I just find it amazing how we all give Him the glory in hindsight. It is our decisions and actions that get us into touble and then get us out of trouble (or keep us in trouble LOL) And yes it is being honest. I am not going to pretend I like Him when I can't stand Him any more. But then you lot wouldn't understand a crisis of faith if it came and slapped you in the face - you're all perfect little IFB's. Take a look arround you. Our "Father" gave this world to the devil and us with it. We are all "JOB's" in one form or another being punished for our faith while He sits back in silence and enjoys the show. Reality TV at it's best

• Administrators

I just find it amazing how we all give Him the glory in hindsight. It is our decisions and actions that get us into touble and then get us out of trouble (or keep us in trouble LOL) And yes it is being honest. I am not going to pretend I like Him when I can't stand Him any more. But then you lot wouldn't understand a crisis of faith if it came and slapped you in the face - you're all perfect little IFB's. Take a look arround you. Our "Father" gave this world to the devil and us with it. We are all "JOB's" in one form or another being punished for our faith while He sits back in silence and enjoys the show. Reality TV at it's best

"You lot."  Hmmm....okay. Perfect? Nope. Little? Nope. IFB. Yep.  But it's very foolish to think God doesn't take care of us.  It is also foolish to not realize that life happens  - and that means bad things happen to good people.  When sin came into this world, prOBlems came into it.  It is quite a decided lack of faith to begin with not to realize God is in control and that He wins in the end.

I'm sorry for your crisis in faith, but don't come on here and belittle us because we have been able to get through our own crises...by trusting even when things are the darkest.  Regardless of what you are going through, others have faced the same thing - some to a lesser degree, some to a greater degree.  Trusting in God is the only way to get through any of those crises without losing our marbles, as it were.

God gives all of us breath - saved or lost. And I'm thankful for it. I know beyond any shadow of doubt that my breath stays in my body (well, except when I exhale  :ROFL: ) because God allows it. And no matter what arises, I know that all things will work together for good for me. God promises that. And I trust Him.

I give Him glory in hindsight because I know He is due the glory. I also trust Him for the future because I know He holds it in His hand.  I don't always understand, and sometimes I do doubt when I get myself in the way. But He is faithful, and that is all I need.

(and this is coming from someone who has "looked around" quite a bit over several decades...)

• Members

I am curious...why did you choose 2 Timothy 2:15 as your name?

You do need to back up a bit and try and remember your past 'walk' with the Lord.

I am not saying you are lost, because we ALL have gone, and some are going, through 'dry' times.

Dry times are when 'nothing seems to be going your way'.

This experience you are going through will end, and at the other end, when you are at peace again, what do you want to look back and see you living like?

Like a 'warrior for the Lord', like a 'servant' in OBedience to his Master, or like a humble child looking for his Father's will?

Or do you want to look back on this time and feel like a failure?

The Lord wants you to decide to press on 

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; 

And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Don't lose out on a blessing for your faithfulness.

• Members
  • Members

Psalms 68:19  Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

You are not the only one who has had a "crisis of faith."  See Psalm 69 and 73 for example.  Or how about Elijah after his great victory in I Kings 18, asking God to take his life in I Kings 19?  Peter denied the Lord 3 times.  

I am sorry to see you in such bitterness of mind and soul, brother.  But don't throw in the towel - the Lord is coming back.  I urge you to stay faithful until the end so that you will not be ashamed at his coming.  

PS: This entire year has been a "crisis of faith" for me and my wife.  It has been tough - but the Lord got us through it and lifted the burdens away.  The Lord will deliver you, and the LOrd will get the glory for it all.

2 Timothy 2:3  Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

• Members

Just a few questions for you to ponder.

If our actions get us in trouble and out of trouble then what are you blaming God for?

What exactly is troubling you?

Who is God?

If you will be true with yourself in answering these I think they might help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Amazing how we have been taught of God being like a "father". So what have I learnt in my 40 years on this earth? Not much. But in the last 2 years I have come to realise that I take better care of my 2 yr old daughter than God has ever taken care of His children! Or am I the only one honest enough to say this?

Psalm 73 might help. David was feeling like you. I've felt that way too many times. 

Psa 73:12 Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches.
Psa 73:13 Verily I have cleansed my heart in vain, and washed my hands in innocency.

Psa 73:17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God; then understood I their end.

Archived