• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jesus But Not Paul

Salyan

• Moderators

Can anyone explain to me where this idea of accepting Jesus but not Paul came from? It is the most illogical thing I can think of (especially when coupled with 'Paul teaches the law'). Where did this strange teaching originate?

• Members

It is very simple: we have one seriously twisted false teacher.
The only only thing I can think is:
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Now it is also possible that we have two of this ilk - or possibly two logins of this ilk.......

• Members

It's clear both of these (if they are two) new posters came here to spread false, devilish teachings.

There has long been a few out there who take one of two extreme positions regarding Paul. The one says only the writings of Paul are for us today while the other says the writings of Paul don't agree with the rest of Scripture and thus everything Paul wrote is to be rejected.

If we remove the God-inspired writings of Paul from our Bible we lose the pastoral epistles, the epistles on godly living, how to deal with our enemies (the world, the flesh and the devil) and so much more.

Some in the anti-Paul crowd also follow the "red letter only" teaching which says only the direct sayings of Jesus, which are recorded using red ink in red letter editions of the Bible, are the true Word of God and the only portion of the Bible we are to read, study and follow. One of the many prOBlems with this is how easy it is from them to twist some of the sayings from Jesus into saying what they want them to because without the context of the rest of Scripture to make the meaning plain and clear, they have more latitude to delude.

Notice how they, based upon their own "authority", determine and announce that the writings of Paul are false, the biblical doctrine of hell is false, and their own understanding of Scripture based upon such-and-such years of personal study is superior to what the Bible actually says, to Baptist teaching in general and to IFB teaching in particular.

These are false teaching, ravenous wolves, trolls.

• Members

I've seen this type of teaching before...only follow Jesus' teachings, Paul is a false apostle, etc...

I noticed he uses the word "I" in his posts an awful lot.  :scratchchin:

Reminds me of someone in Scripture that used that term a lot!

Considering Jesus appeared to Paul (Saul at the time) and called him to be an Apostle and directed his way one would have to think ill of Jesus in order to reject Paul.

Archived