• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Movie Review - Fireproof

Washed Clean

• Members

I do like the movies they have done generally - I have a few issues, but they can be called genuinely Christian movies, as distinct from the rubbish the world labels as such.
Most of them present a pretty good salvation message at some stage.

• Members

I agree with Dave on this movie. Fireproof is a Christian movie, with a clear presentation of the Gospel. There is also a clear example of of a character being born again in Christ and exhibiting the new man his conversion has brought into being.

• Administrators

We've seen it and liked it (so much that we bought it). As was mentioned, there are things in there that make one shake their heads, but it's a good movie overall. Although I don't agree with Kirk Cameron on all points of doctrine, I think highly of his testimony.  The fact that he wouldn't kiss the woman who played his wife is impressive, IMO, due to Hollywood culture.  The woman he kisses in the movie is his actual wife - and I always figured that they chose the woman who portrayed the movie wife because his actual wife could stand in for the kiss.  That might seem trite to some, but in the rampant and casual sexual time we live, to have someone who is in Hollywood stand firm about not kissing - even in acting - someone not his wife is refreshing to me.

I like the lessons of the movie, too, as does my hubby. 

Archived