• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"a Nice Bible Name"?

DaveW

• Members

Really?

This is a condescending reaction to a legitimate complaint.

I for one was willing to assume it was a genuine mistake, which is why I explained it plainly.

But this is silly and makes you look like a troublemaker.

I have done this here so as not to pollute your babies thread, which appears to be a genuine post.

But how about you find a reasonable, normal username?

• Members

You are "straining at nats and swallowing camels"
davew, ... The question is still there to be answered, mate.

And I left it there to be answered without making an issue in what appears to be a genuine thread.

Your original name was inappropriate - and I for one thank you for changing it. But your change is a childish one which smacks of sarcasm.

If you wish to be treated with respect, how about you show some?

• Members

I had never heard of the original name before so it meant nothing to me. There are several terms used in Australia, England and elsewhere which aren't common in America or have different meanings here. A British friend once said she couldn't believe American TV wouldn't allow a breast to be shown but would allow foul British sayings (sayings which don't carry the same meaning here).

Dave, thank you for explaining just what the prOBlem with the name was; as I mentioned above, that name meant nothing to me here in America so without the context you provided I wouldn't have had a clue as to any offensive attachment to the name.

I appreciate the name change but a change to kinder civility would help too.

Archived