• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hi Everyone

A nice Bible name

• Members

Hello Alimantado,

My user name is a play on words derived from a sermon I heard preached once from Math chap 8 regarding Jesus and his command to the demons ( Jesus is described as having a sword coming out of his mouth in Revelation) and the herd of swine ( porkers as the preacher called them) running into the sea.

' Those porkers were slain by the Sword" was a quote used by the preacher.

If for some reason you see profanity in my username, I am sorry, I will change it if you are honestly offended, but I am at a loss as to understanding the profanity. 

Are you the person responsible for deleting my question regarding the salvation of children and the future requirement of those same children having to be re saved as adults??. If these type of Biblical mysteries are too hard for you to answer without just pretending they don't exist, perhaps your esteemed title of "advanced" member is not warranted??

• Moderators

Hi... Moderator here. Alimantado doesn't delete comments around here, so he was not responsible for your comment being deleted. Therefore, your rather rude response to him was quite unwarranted. We welcome those who come for real discussion and fellowship. Rude comments toward other members, however, will not be tolerated. We would appreciate it if you could choose another screen name as well - it's always good to avoid any 'appearance of evil.'

That all bring said... You are as welcome as you are sincere. :)

• Members

Hello Pork Sword and welcome. I for one am glad you are here brother. I find it really disappointing that Christians are so tainted by the world that they see profanity at every turn even when you may not. I  have no idea how the name could be offensive as I too have heard the term in church when our pastor preached a similar sermon, although he did not use the term "Pork Sword" he did from memory say something along the lines of " At that time it was as though the pigs had been slain by the Sword of the Lord" and then went onto make a joke about having enough pork and bacon from that one heard to feed 5,000 and how pork and bacon sure would have been better than fish and bread. I am sure he didn't mean to minimize the miracle Jesus performed with the fish but he was just making a bit of a joke. I know for a few weeks in our congregation the word Pork Slayer and from memory even Pork Sword were joked about. I can't possibly see how it would be offensive unless somehow Alimantado is concerned it may in some way offend Jews or Muslims? I think in the interest of harmony we should allow Alimintado the opportunity to explain his criticism of you and what he felt the term means. Perhaps it would be wise so as not to offend our Jewish or Muslims friends or even brothers here to change your name if it is in some way profane ??? Blessings brother and welcome again.

• Members

I am shocked at what I am reading here, there certainly seems to be a spirit of criticism and attack coming from Alimantado, C'mon brother where is the unity, are we not supposed to be better than the world ? You criticize a new member, accuse him of being profane and now a troll and you won't even acknowledge that maybe you have misinterpreted his intentions. Are there even moderators on this forum ? 

• Members

If I did it would be in the interests of troll-feeding, which I'm not going to do.  :wink

(sorry forgot to post Alimantado's response) I am shocked at what I am reading here, there certainly seems to be a spirit of criticism and attack coming from Alimantado, C'mon brother where is the unity, are we not supposed to be better than the world ? You criticize a new member, accuse him of being profane and now a troll and you won't even acknowledge that maybe you have misinterpreted his intentions. Are there even moderators on this forum ? 

Ephesians 4 King James Version (KJV)

I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

• Members

Pork sword is a common slang term for penis in Australia - and apparently in the UK.
It appears that it may not be in the US.

It is such a common term here that I am amazed it is not in the US.
I am not surprised in light of this that he is offended and suspecting doubtful motives.

• Members
For anyone else reading: I say that the username is profane because it it a fairly well-known profane slang term in the UK, as I've explained once already. Neither of the stories these guys have given to explain how they've apparently arrived at the term innocently sound remotely plausible and if it really was a coincidence then, as Salyan points out, both (or are they both?) would be keen to see the name changed with as little fuss as possible rather than open up a debate about it and ask me to explain exactly what I think the term means--that request really was the giveaway, as if we needed another.

If someone said they thought a person's username was rude and that person thought they were wrong, would they respond by asking them to explain what they thought was rude about it on a public forum, or would they take it to PM? It's an OBvious troll tactic, almost as OBvious as having a 'second' new person pop up in the first's defence and say they are shocked at how the first is being treated.

Still, at least two (or is it two?) have exposed themselves here for the price of one.

• Members

I really do not want to get into a tussle having just joined this forum but I can't believe how I am being attacked on like my second post ( my first was to introduce myself) now apparently me and this fellow are the same and I have doubtful motives and you keep making references to things like 'second' person. Thank you for explaining the meaning, I had never heard of it and now understand why you found it so offensive. In my defence the first thing I said was I believe he should change it if people find it offensive (I now see why they would). What a strange attacking critical attitude you have towards me who you don't even know yet seem quite happy to make all sort of unfounded allegations. That my friend I hate to say after being here for such a very short time I find far more offensive than an unknown slang term for a part of the male anatomy.

• Administrators

Okay, Washed Clean. Enough.  Pork, as salyan has mentioned, please change the name. The taint of the world is not on Christians who don't appreciate double entendre but rather on those who want to skate as close to the world as possible and claim scriptural support to do so.  Unity is only possible when each person is looking at things through scripture and not through feelings.

As to your attempt at rebuking moderators, WC,  yes they are present. And had you taken the time to read, you would have noted that one already spoke - letting Pork know his name needs to be changed.  If, as he said he isn't wanting to be offensive, he will do so.

Sadly, this thread is closed because some folk seem to want to use it as a forum to argue.  Al did us a favor by pointing out the fact that the name is a vulgar euphemism. Dave told us what it was (although I think we all knew), so OBviously it's used that way in Australia as well.

Pork, change your name. To something that is not a vulgar double-tongued phrase/word.  Thank you.

Archived