• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

A Line Has Appeared

Donald

• Members

Recently I have been seeing some things happening all over America and even here in my home town(in the mid-west). Things that have shaken me to the bone. I am seeing the vast majority of our population, treating those that practice homosexuality(and other perversions), as a “protected class”; And therefore incorporating “it” into every aspect of society.

Sure, I have been being persecuted by society(in one way or another), for several years now, for taking a Biblical stand on this subject; But I have always chalked that up to what I thought was a small minority of rebels.
But over the last few weeks, I have been seeing things and hearing things that have made a “line in the sand” appear, to me.

Before I talk about this line, let me share something that you won’t believe.
Last Wednesday night after Church, my wife was talking with one of the ladies at our Church and she said, that her little 6 year old daughter came home from school the other day and asked, “mommy, am I a girl” and the lady said of course you are. And this child told how at school, the teacher was teaching that sometimes we can be “girls on the outside but boys on the inside”!  This lady decided to immediately start home-schooling her daughter; But what about the millions of other 6 year olds, who’s parents are just as deceived as this teacher is.

The “line in the sand”, that I feel the Lord is telling me to take more notice of, is the line about, “where a person stands on this issue”. For me, this starts with giving this issue(stand), more of a prominent place in my resume(I have just done that).
I also believe that God’s instructions to me include, asking other ministers where they stand on this issue and challenging them to have the courage to peach and teach on this subject, in light of how “in your face”, this sin has become.
---------
I have not arrived yet; So I do not know precisely, what my next step will be(other than this thread and being wide open for the Lord’s guidance in my life). But I do know, giving this a place in my resume will shut a lot of doors for me; But I believe Revelation 3:7

So... where do you stand on this issue? And if you are standing with the LORD, will you have the courage to warn others about this lie?

• Members

Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

These days, one of the first orders of 'training' your child is to teach the child that God put that child's soul in the body that it is in for a reason.

We, as Christians, need to take a stand for truth. We need to defend our children against these people of perversion in these last days we are in.

• Members

To me, the line was drawn by God very plainly. In short; according the God's word, homosexuality is "abomination", "unseemly", and "against nature". Do we stand with God or the world?

More and more, we are seeing those who stand with the world among Christendom. I see it coming from professing Christians on social media and the news.

I recently read where Brian Houston (Hillsong's pastor in Australia)...a large "church" with large influence...said that his church will not take a public stand on the issue of homosexuality.

...Well, I have to inform you Mr. Houston...by not taking a "public stand", you did take a very public stand...and very loudly...

The pastor of Hillsong's satellite church in New York echoed Houston's sentiments and added that they won't preach on the subject, because Jesus never addressed the subject.

...Well, I have to inform you Mr. Satellite pastor...Jesus addressed marriage as being between MAN and WOMAN...do you never address anything that Jesus never addressed? Abortion, illicit drugs, pedophilia, etc., etc., etc...

This is one issue that will do one of three things (in my opinion)...

1. Help differentiate between tares and wheat.

2. Help differentiate between carnal and Spirit-led Christians.

3. Possibly...this one issue...will show some carnal Christians their error after learning the truth from God's word, and it will help lead them to repentance and to take a stand for truth.

And for those who say that Jesus never addressed the issue...the Bible is God's word, and Jesus Christ is God. He addressed the issue in both Old and New Testaments.

Old Testament - Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13...and of course the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah.

New Testament - Romans 1:24-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9, and 1 Timothy 1:9-10

I'll stand with the Lord on the issue.

• Members

God's Word is true and tells us what we need to know about homosexuality. That's where I take my stand.

We should actually expect, rather than be surprised, that the ungodly public school system teaches that which is ungodly. If we place our children to be trained by the ungodly we can expect they will be trained in ungodliness. For many years now the public school system has been liberal and not only ungodly but often anti-God. Children are taught they can't resist the temptation to have sex at young ages so they should just go ahead but practice "safe sex". They are told heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual and transsexual and such is all good and they should experiment with these to discover their "sexual identity". Abortion is promoted as a good thing, with many public schools helping girls to get abortions without their parents notification or consent. The Bible and the God of the Bible are taught to be myths. Moral relativism is taught along with the view that Christians claiming to have moral authority or absolute truth are intolerant, ignorant, mean and even evil.

On very rare occasions the pastor of the largest church in America (that tells us something about America today) has reluctantly and tacitly said he agrees with Scripture regarding homosexuality but that he's not been called to preach on that, so he doesn't.

Not only are many pastors in America falling silent on this issue, many are taking up the pro-homosexual banner. Along with this entire denominations have declared homosexuality to be normal and acceptable. Homosexuals are ordained pastors in some denominations.

Our pastor practices systematic expository preaching, meaning we start at the beginning of a book of the Bible and he preaches through the entire book, rather than topical preaching, but he takes a solid biblical stand upon this issue. When this issue comes up in the text he boldly preaches exactly what the Word says. If this issue comes up in Sunday school or Bible study he clearly affirms Scripture on the matter. A few years ago when the winds of change in government on this issue he instructed our church board to come up with some additional bylaws on this issue to be placed in our church laws. This is to make our biblical stance clear and to serve as however much of a hedge such may be in the future with changing government laws on the matter.

I've taken much heat over the years for my biblical stance on the issue. This was especially true while I attended university and then worked at a university between the late 80s and mid-90s.

• Members

John, your post... And Dan's as well, is/are excellent!

These do lead into another issue, that of marriage.

Whaat do we, as ministers of the Gospel do when they say we cannot marry man and woman because we refuse to marry man and man?

Do we ignore the man and woman God has brought together? telling them we cannot marry them? Or do we secretly marry them without a "marriage permit" that only the city/state government can issue?

I know we are to OBey God rather than man. I also know that we are supposed to OBey them that have the rule over us. But if we deny the man and woman marriage, it could be interfering with a union God has ordained.

This world is getting so evil, I fear should our Lord tarry much longer, our meetings will have to be done underground.

• Members

John, your post... And Dan's as well, is/are excellent!

These do lead into another issue, that of marriage.

Whaat do we, as ministers of the Gospel do when they say we cannot marry man and woman because we refuse to marry man and man?

Do we ignore the man and woman God has brought together? telling them we cannot marry them? Or do we secretly marry them without a "marriage permit" that only the city/state government can issue?

I know we are to OBey God rather than man. I also know that we are supposed to OBey them that have the rule over us. But if we deny the man and woman marriage, it could be interfering with a union God has ordained.

This world is getting so evil, I fear should our Lord tarry much longer, our meetings will have to be done underground.

Our pastor/church has already determined that if the government (whether State or federal) makes it legally mandatory that pastors marry same sex couples in order to be licensed by the State to perform legal weddings, we will stop performing government recognized weddings.

However, we will still perform Christian wedding ceremonies. We believe these are biblically acceptable before God in binding a couple together in holy marriage; they just wouldn't be recognized by the government. If a couple wants or needs the legal recognition they can go to a courthouse and get a quick legal recognition there.

If necessary, we will also limit our Christian wedding ceremonies to church members only. Again, these would be real marriages in the sight of God, but they would hold no legal standing in the sight of the government.

Archived