• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Concerning The Proposed Debate Threads

• Members

First, I pray that this posting is received well; for I intend it with grace.

Second, I originally wrote this posting for another thread wherein the subject was brought forward; however, I realized that it was not in accord with the topic of the original post.  Therefore, I decided to post it in a separate thread of its own.

Concerning the debate/discussion format that I somewhat proposed a number of months past --

1.  I myself continue to maintain honor and respect for the administration’s request that we patiently wait (although I must confess to my shame that my patience has begun to wane a little).  As such, I myself have refrained from engaging in most of the debate/discussion threads as per the reasons that I originally shared.

2.  With all due respect for the administration (and they are certainly due a great deal of respect), I would present that not establishing some official format for such debate/discussions that I proposed has not prevented debating and arguing from filling the forum.  Indeed, debating and arguing does occur on the forum with a great deal of regularity (and far too often, in a manner of sinful attitude and sinful communication).

3.  I myself believe that some official formatting for the debates/discussions that I have proposed is not absolutely necessary.  If the small number of contributors to a given debate/discussion thread (whatever number may be agreed upon) can respectfully abide by the given rules of the given debate/discussion thread, then I believe that such a thread might be able to proceed without some form of official formatting.  I recognize that there may be a great deal of time required for the form of official formatting, and I never intended to place a sizeable amount of more work upon Brother Matt's plate.  Thus I present this point simply as a possible solution to that prOBlem.  In fact, I myself would be willing to engage in one given debate/discussion thread of this sort as a type of experimental debate/discussion, if permission might be granted -- with a clear recognition in advance that the thread would be quickly closed by the administration if it moved beyond acceptable borders.

• Members

Brother "Standing Firm in Christ" (Brother ROBey?),

It is my intention to engage any given debate/discussion with respect and grace, while seeking and presenting the truth of God's Word.  Based upon your above comment, I am moved to ask -- Have you predetermined to engage with me in a spirit of animosity?  Regardless, I remain willing at least to engage with you in a Biblically thoughtful debate/discussion; and I believe that you may find me to be a small bit different in my manner of engagement.  (That, however, is only a biased estimate of myself; therefore, it can be disregarded as such.)

• Members

And yes, it is Mr. ROBey. Now you have me curious again. LOL been researching my writings elsewhere? They will give you much of what I have entering into the debate. Of course, I do have writings on other forums under screen names you may not be aware of which may, or may not be brought up in the debate.

• Members

No animosity at all. I intend to engage with truth and concern.

I did not mean for the post to come across as me having animosity. Just curious as to your approach.

Brother ROBey (Am I getting your name correct here?),

I thank you for your gracious response.  As such, I ask your forgiveness for misunderstanding the tone of your previous comment?

Concerning my approach to the discussion, I intend to be as Biblical as I may possibly be.  However, I do intend to recognize the spiritual authority, not only of Biblical precept, but also of Biblical principle.  

• Members

And yes, it is Mr. ROBey. Now you have me curious again. LOL been researching me writings elsewhere?

Ah, you posted while I was in the midst of posting.  As such, you have already answered my parenthetical question above.

Concerning the matter of researching your writings elsewhere -- No, actually I only went to your personal blog sight in order to seek for your actual name.  I find it more comfortable to employ the title "Brother" when dealing with other member on the forum; however, I find it a little awkward referring to you as "Brother Standing Firm in Christ."   

Archived