• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Questioning Another's Salvation

evangelist6589

• Members

As a Calvinist I hold to Lordship Salvation and was just reading and looking at scripture more in depth on the issue and can't figure how anyone can miss it. There are those that I believe to be false or under the influence of another gospel such as those in the Homosexual "christian" movement, the New Age movement, the Unitarian and United Methodist movements, and such. These people I believe to be false and on their way to hell. 

But among born again believers in a church that proclaims sound doctrine and holds to the essentials of the faith (both Calvinist and non Cal Churches) I can't say who is and who is not saved. Like a number of people on this board I will not question their salvation and although we do not agree on several issues if they love Jesus and are born again whom am I to question them? Preaching Jesus is far more important than preaching a system, and among the unbelieving I stick to the gospel and nothing else. 

But there are those on this board whom will question my salvation just because of my theological views and not realize that just five years ago I was just like them and thought the same about people like me.

• Members

If someone has a biblical testimony of salvation then I accept that unless there is something which seems to clearly indicate something is amiss; such as a person who gives a biblical testimony of salvation saying they were saved in 1974 yet for the past 40 years they have lived like the world with no evidence of salvation.

What do you mean by "Lordship Salvation"? There are at least two versions of this, perhaps more, and they are very different. One says that a person must cast away sin and follow Jesus as Lord before they can be saved. Another says that if a person is truly born again in Christ they will strive to follow Christ as the Lord of their life.

As you can see (hopefully) there is a very large and very key difference between those two views of Lordship Salvation.

• Members

As a Calvinist I hold to Lordship Salvation and was just reading and looking at scripture more in depth on the issue and can't figure how anyone can miss it. There are those that I believe to be false or under the influence of another gospel such as those in the Homosexual "christian" movement, the New Age movement, the Unitarian and United Methodist movements, and such. These people I believe to be false and on their way to hell. 

But among born again believers in a church that proclaims sound doctrine and holds to the essentials of the faith (both Calvinist and non Cal Churches) I can't say who is and who is not saved. Like a number of people on this board I will not question their salvation and although we do not agree on several issues if they love Jesus and are born again whom am I to question them? Preaching Jesus is far more important than preaching a system, and among the unbelieving I stick to the gospel and nothing else. 

But there are those on this board whom will question my salvation just because of my theological views and not realize that just five years ago I was just like them and thought the same about people like me.

Someone can be saved and not have every theology all together. However, there are many in our evangelical and fundamentalist churches who live just like the world does the rest of the week and put on a show on Sundays. They are not in their Bibles, they don't share the Gospel with others, etc. Those we need to question, as the Bible says the sheep will follow Christ.

Archived