• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Godly Wisdom Vs. Worldly Wisdom

No Nicolaitans

• Members

James 3:13-18
13   Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14   But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
15   This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
16   For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
17   But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
18   And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

Marks of godly wisdom...

1. A lifestyle of meekness (James 3:13)
  2. Wisdom that promotes purity (James 3:17)
  3. Wisdom that promotes peace (James 3:17)
  4. Wisdom that promotes gentleness (James 3:17)
  5. Wisdom that can easily intreat (persuade) (James 3:17)
  6. Wisdom that is full of mercy and good fruits (James 3:17) 
  7. Wisdom that is without partiality (James 3:17)
  8. Wisdom that is without hypocrisy (James 3:17)
  9. Wisdom that makes peace sows righteousness into the lives of those who make peace. (James 3:18)

Marks of worldly wisdom...

1. Wisdom that promotes bitter envying (James 3:14)
  2. Wisdom that promotes strife (James 3:14)
  3. Wisdom that is earthly (worldly) (James 3:15)
  4. Wisdom that is sensual (James 3:15)
  5. Wisdom that is devilish (James 3:15)
  6. Wisdom that causes confusion (James 3:16)
  7. Wisdom that leads to evil works (James 3:16)

Which list describes your wisdom?

Which list describes the type of wisdom you seek out when prOBlems arise?

Which list describes the type of counsel you've received from those you've received counsel from?

Be careful friends...

• Members

I was soooooo much wiser in my younger days than I am now (worldly wisdom in action) and didn't even see the sinful pride that was behind much of the wisdom I thought I possessed.

By the grace of God, He pointed out that hidden pride I failed to see and He pointed out the wisdom I thought I had was mostly folly as it came from the world.

At some point the Lord made it clear to me that one of the battles going on within me was that of who I was actually going to follow, or imitate, or become like; my earthly (lost) Dad or my Heavenly Father. Wow! After spending so many years trying to measure up in my Dad's eyes and trying to so hard to be more like my Dad I found myself having to cast off such thinking, to work against those things, to cast out the worldly, sinful things I had copied from my Dad, and consciously, perseveringly, make consistent efforts to pursue Christlikeness, to hear and DO what my Heavenly Father says.

Great post NN!

How much we all need to be discipled and to disciple others!

Archived