• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Moving Past Regret

Miss Daisy

• Members

The past few days, after finding out some information, I've been dwelling on a lot of regret in my life. I know that's not what God wants me to be doing, not to be looking back and only forward, blah, blah, blah but easier said than done. 

• Members

I'm sorry you are being hit with this. Our past can often rise up to haunt us in varying ways. While it's not always easy, I try to remind myself that my past sins are forgiven and the Lord will never "toss them in my face", the Holy Ghost won't make me feel guilty or such about them. The Lord may choose to remind us of something from our past as a means to help us help others or to steer us away from such again, but not in a way that would drag us down.

When we are getting down over our past it's either the work of the devil or our own flesh (not always easy for me to distinguish which one) but we need to rebuke such and reject it.

I try to remind myself I'm forgiven, I'm a new man in Christ, the past can't be changed but I can live for Christ now and in the future. As Paul said, forgetting those things which are behind, pressing on.

Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 

I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:13-14

You are in my prayers Miss Daisy.

• Moderators

I AGREE WITH JOHN. BUT WE NEED TO BE CAREFUL, BECAUSE EVEN FOLLOWING THE BIBLICAL MANDATES, SATAN CAN BEAT US UP. WE REMIND OURSELVES THAT WE ARE SAVED, THAT OUR SIN HAS BEEN PAID FOR AND FORGOTTEN, AND SATAN SAYS, DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU DESERVE THAT? iSN'T THAT JUST TOO EASY? AND HE GETS US TO DWELL ON IT EVEN MORE.

HOWEVER, AMEN, YOU ARE SAVED, ALL SINS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, EVEN THOUGH WE DON'T DESERVE IT. YES, SATAN, I DON'T DESERVE IT! BUT GOD'S GRACE IS GREATER THAN MY SIN!

OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU!

SORRY, DIDN'T MEAN TO YELL.

Archived