• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I Am New Here

evangelist6589

• Members

Another lie. A late post I posted asking if someone is Catholic or Agnostic.

Look at your postings. You posted a good thread on reaching out to wayward churches which I commended. Look at how many postings elsewhere in which you bring up Calvinism. Your accusation of me lying speaks ill of your intent.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Exactly.

We are so divided nowadays it's sad. 

Who's this 'we" that are "so divided"?  Jordan, if you are hanging around and listening to people like this new guy you just invited, I can see why you think there is division. You know, we teach our kids that they will be identified by those that they hang around with. It is the same in religious circles.

Do I have anything positive to say? Yes, Align yourself with true Independent Baptists that are not divided and all speak the same thing, as Paul advised us to do. There is no room for listening to false doctrine in the life of a true servant of Christ. He has his jOB cut out for him just learning and holding to the truth of the faith.

There is no room for an Independent Baptist to expose himself to teaching that is questionable in light of Scripture, or in light of what we have been taught.  2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

There has to come a time in the life of every true Christian where he knows what he believes and why he believes it. This is called maturity. You must strive for this place or forever be tossed about by every wind of doctrine and the slight of men. 

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

• Members

Who's this 'we" that are "so divided"?  Jordan, if you are hanging around and listening to people like this new guy you just invited, I can see why you think there is division. You know, we teach our kids that they will be identified by those that they hang around with. It is the same in religious circles.

Do I have anything positive to say? Yes, Align yourself with true Independent Baptists that are not divided and all speak the same thing, as Paul advised us to do. There is no room for listening to false doctrine in the life of a true servant of Christ. He has his jOB cut out for him just learning and holding to the truth of the faith.

There is no room for an Independent Baptist to expose himself to teaching that is questionable in light of Scripture, or in light of what we have been taught.  2Th 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

There has to come a time in the life of every true Christian where he knows what he believes and why he believes it. This is called maturity. You must strive for this place or forever be tossed about by every wind of doctrine and the slight of men. 

Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

This is a cultic post because it questions the salvation of Calvinists. I have not once said that non CAL IFB are not saved. Mods is this against the rules? 

This poster has not studied the issues, not studied the scriptures defending the DOG, and is an example of an anti-intellectual bigot. Alos he assumes that only non CAL are IFB, and he misses the many Calvinist IFB churches. 

• Members

You think only IFB are saved heh and all others are teaching a false gospel? If that is your position you are a cult and do not know the gospel of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. All those that know the gospel and follow him as Lord are in Christ. PLENTY of non IFB are born again and disciples of Jesus. You sir preach legalism and tradition. I preach Jesus. 

• Members

http://countrybabtistchurch.com/what_we_believe.htm

Your church James holds to the essentials of the faith so I will leave you alone. But you are out of line to question the salvation of Calvinists. 

Listen to what scripture says.

Gal 5:22-23 (KJV)

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

• Administrators

This is a cultic post because it questions the salvation of Calvinists. I have not once said that non CAL IFB are not saved. Mods is this against the rules? 

This poster has not studied the issues, not studied the scriptures defending the DOG, and is an example of an anti-intellectual bigot. Alos he assumes that only non CAL are IFB, and he misses the many Calvinist IFB churches. 

Evangelist,

I stand solidly behind everything I said. You said in your last post that you will leave me alone because my church holds to the essentials of the faith. Isn't that generous of you? Do me a favor and don't do me any favors.

You accuse me of being cultic and an anti-intellectual bigot and then end by saying that I questioned the salvation of Calvinists. I never made any such judgement about anyone. I never said that only IFB were saved, you made that assumption. I did indicate that outside of IFB ranks false doctrine is taught, I stand by that statement. You also said I was preaching legalism, are you sure you can't come up with anything else to charge me with? You could use a little dose of the "Fruit of the Spirit" that you asked me to OBserve. If what you wrote is your example of the Fruit of the Spirit, it speaks volumes.

I find it very telling that you will spew out this sort of false accusations and vitriol without once backing up your absurd accusations. My reply was to Jordan, not you, yet you felt perfectly justified in your own mind in personally attacking me.

You have revealed your true reason for being here, you are not quite a smart as you seem to think you are. Not only have you viciously attacked me, but you have also made it abundantly clear from your posts that you are out to set members of this board against one another. You post posts with a Calvinist leaning, knowing full well that most here do not hold to that teaching.

Sir, this is called being a Troll, a term I am sure you are familiar with. The only difference between you and any other Internet Troll is that your agenda wears a thin veil of Christianity. I really thought that you would be savvy enough to take time enough to put some members at ease before revealing your real mission here, which is to spread dissention as well as pushing your Calvinist doctrine under the guise of Evangelizing us.

How well the Apostle Paul described your ilk.

Ac 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

• Members

Funny how Calvies don't like their salvation questioned when their doctrine teaches that Christ didn't die for all men.

Tell us, Evan... How do you know you are elect? How do you know your worship, your prayers are even heard by the God of creation?

Investigating your name reveals some interesting beliefs that you espouse. Such as your belief that it is OK to disOBey God's Word in regards to the saved and alcoholic beverage.

• Members

Question...

If, as Calvinists claim, God pre-determined a certain people to be saved and determined all others would have no chance to repent, believe the Gospel, and be saved, ... Why would Jesus tell His Apostles to preach the Gospel to every creature? Jesus says we will give account for every idle Word we speak. Yet, if we are to believe Calvinists, Jesus contradicted Himself when He told the Apostles to preach the Gospel to every creature... Thereby telling them to speak idle words.

If the totally depraved can do nothing except they be regenerated first, how could the angry mOB who stoned Stephen have "alway resist the Holy Ghost"?

2 Peter 2:1 (KJV) 1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

• Members

Evangelist,

I stand solidly behind everything I said. You said in your last post that you will leave me alone because my church holds to the essentials of the faith. Isn't that generous of you? Do me a favor and don't do me any favors.

You accuse me of being cultic and an anti-intellectual bigot and then end by saying that I questioned the salvation of Calvinists. I never made any such judgement about anyone. I never said that only IFB were saved, you made that assumption. I did indicate that outside of IFB ranks false doctrine is taught, I stand by that statement. You also said I was preaching legalism, are you sure you can't come up with anything else to charge me with? You could use a little dose of the "Fruit of the Spirit" that you asked me to OBserve. If what you wrote is your example of the Fruit of the Spirit, it speaks volumes.

I find it very telling that you will spew out this sort of false accusations and vitriol without once backing up your absurd accusations. My reply was to Jordan, not you, yet you felt perfectly justified in your own mind in personally attacking me.

You have revealed your true reason for being here, you are not quite a smart as you seem to think you are. Not only have you viciously attacked me, but you have also made it abundantly clear from your posts that you are out to set members of this board against one another. You post posts with a Calvinist leaning, knowing full well that most here do not hold to that teaching.

Sir, this is called being a Troll, a term I am sure you are familiar with. The only difference between you and any other Internet Troll is that your agenda wears a thin veil of Christianity. I really thought that you would be savvy enough to take time enough to put some members at ease before revealing your real mission here, which is to spread dissention as well as pushing your Calvinist doctrine under the guise of Evangelizing us.

How well the Apostle Paul described your ilk.

Ac 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

Why do you falsely accuse me, judge my motives and also lie? If you wanted a reply to Jordan then use the PM feature and not post on the board publicly.

Good Day sir!!!!

John

• Members

Why do you falsely accuse me, judge my motives and also lie? If you wanted a reply to Jordan then use the PM feature and not post on the board publicly.

Good Day sir!!!!

John

If we didn't reply to one another in the threads there wouldn't be much interaction.

You falsely accused Jim of saying Calvinists aren't saved when he said no such thing. The bad attitude your posts seem to be carrying gave Jim ample reason to post what he did. Many of your posts are of an abrasive nature lacking in the fruit of the Spirit which you pointed James to.

Jordan seems to have had good intentions in inviting you to this site, which was in regards to evangelism, yet you seem most focused upon Calvinism and taking jabs at IFBs

• Administrators

evangelist, you were already told not to push calvinism when you first joined. You were honest letting us know that you were, indeed, calvinist, and for that I thank you.  But...here's the sticky widget...

You have continued to beat the hammer for calvinism in the greater percentage of your posts, in all actuality ignoring what salyan said.  You blast people when they point out reasons they do not agree with calvinism, calling them liars and arminians.  From reading many of your posts, it is OBvious to more than one of us that you are intentionally incendiary.  Call folks liars, but that only adds to the impression...

In one thread, you were not very explanatory about the emails you were presenting. When asked about something that caused confusion (I got the same impression others did), instead of saying that you should have been more clear and that it was the other person you were quoting, you attacked.  That is incendiary.

In other threads, you bring calvinism into much of what you say - whether you use the term "non-cal" or calvinism.

You have accused people who do not agree with calvinism (and put me down as one of them) of not studying it out. That, my friend, would be possibly accurate with a few people, but with many on this forum it would be erroneous.  It is a fact that most of those who are against calvinism are against it because of what they know scripture teaches - and, oftentimes, that is accompanied by knowledge of what calvin and his followers teach...whether that be plain old calvinism or hyper-calvinism.  Same root, same prOBlems.

Now, I'm going to close this thread with verbal warning to you (along with the other).  Cease and desist pushing calvinism even in the little ways you have been - feel free to call me a liar, but that will just cause you more trouble  :smug: - or your other threads will also be closed and, well, action will be taken.  And cease and desist your propensity to attack other members. Period.

For others here: as to the debate forum, it will be ready when BroMatt gives the high sign for it to be.  I realize that it's been a while in the making, but let's remember that we all have lives outside the forum (shocking, I know!  :ROFL: ).  Be patient.  Thank you.

Archived