• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I Am New Here

evangelist6589

• Members
Why do you keep pressuring me? It's called being rude. Yes I was recommended this site but by all I know I could have used google or my phone app to find it with a simple search.The person recommending this site by the way is not a Calvinist and me and him disagree on several issues. However we are united in the essentials and have a strong zeal for evangelism. I wish to keep his privacy. Can you understand that? Please do not pressure me anymore.
Welcome to this Board, Ev. I know you from another. Some have no manners, I believe that there is something in the air down under.... They'll drop in and harass you from time to time, because you aren't one of their clones. Some of them have no actual ability to reason, so they badger. Anyway, you may find this site somewhat hostile to your Versions beliefs, and Calvy leanings, but you will see it balanced with zeal for souls. Basically, it's a cross-section of the many IFB varieties that a well-travelled missionary or evangelist would encounter in the English -speaking World. I one week, recently, I was in Ruckmanite, Hylesite, PCC, Crown, and Independent Missionary Baptist churches. There is a reason why the Baptist Distinctives include so few points.... Anyway, I hope you grab some good ideas from folk here, to help you exercise your gift to the church, that God is giving through you. The best person to warn sheep of a particular brand of wolf, is one who came from the fold where that wolf attacked. Have you read Jordan's tract yet?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John, for what it's worth I don't think there's anything remotely suspicious about you mentioning that someone pointed you to this site but not naming them. So no pressure from me, and no suspicion. And I suspect others on here like me will simply regard you based on what you say rather than by association.

I joined this site by invitation too and I mentioned it at the time without naming the person. It happens they happily revealed themselves when they piped up to welcome me (U4tarheel, now Larry02), but if they hadn't I wouldn't have identified them unless they asked me to.

• Moderators

Okay, everyone, it's time to knock off the personal jabs, now. No more antagonistic personal remarks. If a prOBlem does develop, the mods will take care of it. If you're not a mod, don't take care of it. :frog: 
And FWIW, I don't think it's any of our business who invited who. 

• Members

Welcome to this Board, Ev.I know you from another.Some have no manners, I believe that there is something in the air down under....They'll drop in and harass you from time to time, because you aren't one of their clones.Some of them have no actual ability to reason, so they badger.Anyway, you may find this site somewhat hostile to your Versions beliefs, and Calvy leanings, but you will see it balanced with zeal for souls. Basically, it's a cross-section of the many IFB varieties that a well-travelled missionary or evangelist would encounter in the English -speaking World.I one week, recently, I was in Ruckmanite, Hylesite, PCC, Crown, and Independent Missionary Baptist churches. There is a reason why the Baptist Distinctives include so few points....Anyway, I hope you grab some good ideas from folk here, to help you exercise your gift to the church, that God is giving through you. The best person to warn sheep of a particular brand of wolf, is one who came from the fold where that wolf attacked.Have you read Jordan's tract yet?

Thank you Prophet I appreciate it. I need to learn the ignore feature to dodge the prOBlematic types.

It's a shame some are so hostile to me. I am not hostile to them I just disagree and think they are wrong. But I won't harass nor bother then as many fine good IFB have written great gospel tracts and good books. I appreciate the IFB in these areas.

The Puritan Board may be a better fit however I am not welcome nor allowed to join due to my Dispensationalist views. They only allow reformed Calvinist on the board.

I am on several other Calvinistic type boards but they are very inactive. I have no beef not issue with IFB as long as they respect me.

• Members

John, for what it's worth I don't think there's anything remotely suspicious about you mentioning that someone pointed you to this site but not naming them. So no pressure from me, and no suspicion. And I suspect others on here like me will simply regard you based on what you say rather than by association.

I joined this site by invitation too and I mentioned it at the time without naming the person. It happens they happily revealed themselves when they piped up to welcome me (U4tarheel, now Larry02), but if they hadn't I wouldn't have identified them unless they asked me to.

Thank you I appreciate your kindness it means allot.

• Members

Anyway, welcome.

Flexibility is a general key here to use.

As I don't agree with everything here, (as others also), we all need to learn that - 'nOBody can live other people's convictions'.

We need to live our own convictions about what we believe and let others do the same, that's what makes them our own convictions.

But be nice. [Romans 12:18]

• Members

Google Steve Lawson and find a Calvinist IFB church with DISP eschatology.

The difference is eschatology plain and simple. There are lots of these types of churches out there. Some are Baptist and others Bible churches.

That name sounds familiar. I think I saw something about or from him having to do with Ligonier, perhaps theri Table Talk publication or something online; I don't recall.

Do you know if Lawson and Sproul hold to similar views? I know a little bit of Sproul as I've had a couple of good Christian friends who liked reading and listening to Sproul.

Is Sproul a Dispensational Calvinist?

• Members

That name sounds familiar. I think I saw something about or from him having to do with Ligonier, perhaps theri Table Talk publication or something online; I don't recall.

Do you know if Lawson and Sproul hold to similar views? I know a little bit of Sproul as I've had a couple of good Christian friends who liked reading and listening to Sproul.

Is Sproul a Dispensational Calvinist?

RC? No way. 

Steve Lawson? Yes indeed.

http://www.cfmOBile.org/doctrinal-statement

You see they affirm SEPARATION which makes them IFB, and then they also show evidence of Calvinism and Dispensationalism which makes them a Calvinist Baptist Church.

Reformed Baptist are different. 

http://www.rbcnc.com

Compare the two churches and they are similar but different. People on this form will label all Calvinists as one and the same but this is a false characterization. 

• Members

The typical modern IFB Pastor fears disenting viewpoints, so he seeks to avoid any debate.

Why would the Nicolaitan relinquish those laymen he has conquered, and fares sumptuously on?

So, keep an eye out for those who would rather ban you than discuss ideas, and you'll see the pointy ears come through the wool.

Act 20:29-30
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

The wolf who rises above the other elders, who was one of them, but desireth the preeminence thinks he is always right, so there should be no debate, no Berean search.

Watch who's head pops up forvthis post.

• Members

The typical modern IFB Pastor fears disenting viewpoints, so he seeks to avoid any debate.

Why would the Nicolaitan relinquish those laymen he has conquered, and fares sumptuously on?

So, keep an eye out for those who would rather ban you than discuss ideas, and you'll see the pointy ears come through the wool.

Act 20:29-30
29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

The wolf who rises above the other elders, who was one of them, but desireth the preeminence thinks he is always right, so there should be no debate, no Berean search.

Watch who's head pops up forvthis post.

You may be correct. Many of them are very divisive and hateful towards those not a clone of their views. For example a recent thread I asked if a man I was chatting with is Catholic or Agnostic. To date no one has answered my question but have attacked the way I wrote the message or gone off topic. That's a divisive and unchristian attitude.

• Members
The typical modern IFB Pastor fears disenting viewpoints, so he seeks to avoid any debate. Why would the Nicolaitan relinquish those laymen he has conquered, and fares sumptuously on? So, keep an eye out for those who would rather ban you than discuss ideas, and you'll see the pointy ears come through the wool. Act 20:29-30 29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. The wolf who rises above the other elders, who was one of them, but desireth the preeminence thinks he is always right, so there should be no debate, no Berean search. Watch who's head pops up forvthis post.
You may be correct. Many of them are very divisive and hateful towards those not a clone of their views. For example a recent thread I asked if a man I was chatting with is Catholic or Agnostic. To date no one has answered my question but have attacked the way I wrote the message or gone off topic. That's a divisive and unchristian attitude. I just got an email from the man and he claims a combination of views.

Archived